Preview Changes vs Giants RD 24 - Huge game @ Mars Stadium - Sun 25 Aug 12:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Way too harsh on Khamis. Yes he's been struggling but last week was his best game for a while. What sort of message does that send to the players? Plus having Arty play his first AFL game in over a year - what's the bet he plays a blinder in strange weather conditions and holds his spot to contribute nothing in a final. Classic Bevo.

Starship Troopers GIF
If last week was his best game for a while suggests he should’ve been dropped weeks ago

I like Arty back, last time he played he impacted significantly and we noted that he's the type that plays better at the top level than VFL.

In saying that, how could his selection be justified on form?

Way too harsh on Khamis. Yes he's been struggling but last week was his best game for a while. What sort of message does that send to the players? Plus having Arty play his first AFL game in over a year - what's the bet he plays a blinder in strange weather conditions and holds his spot to contribute nothing in a final. Classic Bevo.

Starship Troopers GIF
His first half was very poor

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who doesn’t love Arty? But seriously, he needs to show something. Reports from the VFL have been mixed. Could this be Arty’s swansong?

He's certainly improved the last month. Still only getting around that 10 possession mark and hasn't had a break out game yet. I wouldn't expect too much from him, just hoping he can play his role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Arty back, last time he played he impacted significantly and we noted that he's the type that plays better at the top level than VFL.

In saying that, how could his selection be justified on form?

He's obviously never going to put up the numbers in the VFL than guys who play inside midfield in Garcia and Sanders have. I'm sure the MC are taking more notice of other metrics for his game like pressure acts, tackles inside 50 and VDM sprints.

Some of the more consistent VFL watchers have been impressed by his recent games so that fills me with a little confidence.

Anyone who has been watching the VFL would have seen Arty developing. No surprise at all

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Granted, there has been some improvement in his game since he's been moving further up the ground. However, I can't think of a game this year where he has been in our best 10 or so VFL players. Hope he does well but his inclusion is not based on form.

Granted, there has been some improvement in his game since he's been moving further up the ground. However, I can't think of a game this year where he has been in our best 10 or so VFL players. Hope he does well but his inclusion is not based on form.
I agree. I’m wondering if he’ll be off back to WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Giants RD 24 - Huge game @ Mars Stadium - Sun 25 Aug 12:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back