Preview Changes vs GWS (Round 20)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need more vets with finals on the line Goody. Enough experimenting with youngsters. Go with the big guns, we can win the flag still...

In: Gawn, Hunter, Ben Brown
Out: AMW, Tholstrup, Turner

Billings into the 22, Windsor to sub

I feel like one of the main mids deserves to be dropped after that but Goody won't do it.

Out: Tholstrupp
In: Gawn

Despite being the least confident shot for goal ever, Billings getting 18 disposals after only being subbed on in the third quarter makes him hard to drop.

Surely we're at the stage now where we plan for next year and play more kids?

What id like to see:

In: Gawn, Howes, Sestan, K Brown, Billings

Out: Turner, Salem, Sparrow, Bowey, Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What id like to see:

We'll probably bring in Billings and Gawn for Tholstrup and AMW. Let's be real. Until we can't make finals it'll be the only focus

What id like to see:

We've been playing more kids for a fair chunk of the year. And I'm not sure any side gas ever gone down the tanking path half a game out of the 8 with 5 rounds to go. Not saying I don't agree with you, just saying the club's aim is finals.

The 'we've been playing kids' thing is a myth that nuffs fall for.

We are AFL average for average age
We are above the AFL average for games played
We are AFL average for players used.

Every team throws a couple of random games to kids during the year.

Playing Woewodin as sub and Brown for 4 minutes isn't playing the kids it's just bullshit.
End of the day we still reward crap from senior players which isn't a change in philosophy

The 'we've been playing kids' thing is a myth that nuffs fall for.

We are AFL average for average age
We are above the AFL average for games played
We are AFL average for players used.

Every team throws a couple of random games to kids during the year.

Playing Woewodin as sub and Brown for 4 minutes isn't playing the kids it's just bullshit.
End of the day we still reward crap from senior players which isn't a change in philosophy

I saw something posted on reddit that I found interesting. Looked at team contribution by demographics. It measured against fantasy points so grain of salt but it found we got most of our contributions from the 26-30 bracket with a good number of 18-21 in there and not much in the 22-25 range.

We do have some youth coming through but we still need to add a lot more.

We'll probably bring in Billings and Gawn for Tholstrup and AMW. Let's be real. Until we can't make finals it'll be the only focus
Mate we can still win the flag imo, get to the game and wave your pom poms this week Dees fans

you can do it love GIF by Melbournefc

I saw something posted on reddit that I found interesting. Looked at team contribution by demographics. It measured against fantasy points so grain of salt but it found we got most of our contributions from the 26-30 bracket with a good number of 18-21 in there and not much in the 22-25 range.

Is that just cause apart from Rivers and Pickett we suck in that age group?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that just cause apart from Rivers and Pickett we suck in that age group?
I found it, got the age groups a bit off sorry. Make of it what you will.

1721601016774.png
1721600939050.png

Without our own second this year I wonder if we will look to do something very rare for us and trade back. We should absolutely be considering it.

Without our own second this year I wonder if we will look to do something very rare for us and trade back. We should absolutely be considering it.
Depends how deep we think the draft is but McAdam is looking like an absolutely shithouse trade that we never should have folded on.

If we have a top ten pick I'd back us in to find a gun though.

Depends how deep we think the draft is but McAdam is looking like an absolutely shithouse trade that we never should have folded on.

If we have a top ten pick I'd back us in to find a gun though.
I wouldnt be against moving back 3-5 spots, you can get a decent amount just for that. I agree we need elite talent but JT has shown he can find some good players outside the top 10, the more picks inside the first two rounds the better I think. Trading up needs to be banned for the foreseeable future. That flag window is gone.

I wouldnt be against moving back 3-5 spots, you can get a decent amount just for that. I agree we need elite talent but JT has shown he can find some good players outside the top 10, the more picks inside the first two rounds the better I think. Trading up needs to be banned for the foreseeable future. That flag window is gone.
The risk is you give up a Josh Kelly for Salem and Dom Tyson but yeah if you can pull off what Gold Coast did to the Dogs you'd be laughing.

We could have just got him for free after he nominated us. Very rare that you see player not make it to the club they want.

We could have just got him for free after he nominated us. Very rare that you see player not make it to the club they want.
Yeah usually I don't care about getting the deal done but it was so obvious Adelaide were throwing a hissy fit because we wouldn't release Petty. They would have taken a third rounder in the end.

The risk is you give up a Josh Kelly for Salem and Dom Tyson but yeah if you can pull off what Gold Coast did to the Dogs you'd be laughing.
Top 3 pick is a bit different to where we would be picking this year, but yeah, it would come down to how many players JT has in our picks tier where the next tier starts

If I'm reading that correctly we aren't a very young side at all
We are closest to Brisbane in our demographic but nowhere near as good. Not as top heavy as teams like Carlton and Collingwood though. Not many teams have heaps of 18-20 year olds and the ones that do are mostly bottom sides. ~40% of our points coming from guys under 25 isn't a cliff edge but we are going to wind up in no mans land if we aren't careful.

Sydney and Freo looking ominous off that graph though.

We are closest to Brisbane in our demographic but nowhere near as good. Not as top heavy as teams like Carlton and Collingwood though. Not many teams have heaps of 18-20 year olds and the ones that do are mostly bottom sides. ~40% of our points coming from guys under 25 isn't a cliff edge but we are going to wind up in no mans land if we aren't careful.

Sydney and Freo looking ominous off that graph though.
Yeah if anything that chart shows we should be in the GF this year not finishing 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back