Preview Changes vs GWS (Round 20)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate him like Oliver. He's just a completely pointless player. He won't play 50 games so why even bother giving him 3 games here and there
Fair enough, I guess he's just a fringe dude like Chandler or Woey or whatever to me. Just a guy 20-30 on the list.

Fair enough, I guess he's just a fringe dude like Chandler or Woey or whatever to me. Just a guy 20-30 on the list.
Yeah but I reckon Chandler atleast has shown AFL weapons. Taj not as much but still more. I don't see anything from Laurie to suggest he has an AFL weapon. Like I said even James Jordon had his defensive running.

Yeah but I reckon Chandler atleast has shown AFL weapons. Taj not as much but still more. I don't see anything from Laurie to suggest he has an AFL weapon. Like I said even James Jordon had his defensive running.
He's got more skill than he's managed to display at top level so far but nothing crazy. Definitely AFL talent IMO but he's probably a forward flanker and we have better options. Should just be playing Howes and pushing the talent in the backline upfield but that seems a ****ing slow conclusion in clown land.

Having said that, if I had my way I'd keep Jason Taylor and whoever is developing the backs and **** off everyone else. Backline is our only ****ing talent pipeline.

He's got more skill than he's managed to display at top level so far but nothing crazy. Definitely AFL talent IMO but he's probably a forward flanker and we have better options. Should just be playing Howes and pushing the talent in the backline upfield but that seems a ****ing slow conclusion in clown land.

Having said that, if I had my way I'd keep Jason Taylor and whoever is developing the backs and **** off everyone else. Backline is our only ****ing talent pipeline.

Who would have thought Troy Chaplin would become our best coach.

Happy to eat my hat on that one as I used to bag the shit out of him.

Give the man Goodies job I say.

Howes should definitely be in the team. Can play tall and small I'm a big fan.

Laurie's a dud but it also pisses me off he just comes in for a game here and there mainly as sub- Either give him a proper crack for 4-5 weeks or throw him on the scrap heap.

He just scored himself a contract extension. **** knows how

Laurie's a dud but it also pisses me off he just comes in for a game here and there mainly as sub- Either give him a proper crack for 4-5 weeks or throw him on the scrap heap.
Everyone should get 3 weeks unless it's an injury replacement and the bloke comes back.
Laurie, Brown, Woey etc all should get 3. The one in one out is shit and makes blokes try an play selfishly because you need to impress to try an stay in.

don't think it's got anything to do with his role, the bloke genuinely looks scared out there.
I agree with that. Looked panicked several times.

Glass half full me says he just needs some time to adjust to the pace of AFL.

The disappointing thing for me is Laurie (and Bowey) were touted as the best kicks in their draft. Both athletically and physically were clearly not your typical AFL type player.

But when I watch Laurie at VFL level I don’t see that supposed exceptional disposal. He will kick a nice goal here and there, but in general his field kicking looks bog average to me.

If Laurie can’t demonstrate his supposed point of difference consistently at VFL level and he’s going to be physically outgunned at AFL level, it’s hard to see a future for him.

I’d like Laurie to be in the team for a stretch and playing a proper role to work out one way or another if he’s got what it takes. In for a week or two as sub or playing him in spots he doesn’t play in the VFL doesn’t tell us much at all.

I agree with that. Looked panicked several times.

Glass half full me says he just needs some time to adjust to the pace of AFL.

The disappointing thing for me is Laurie (and Bowey) were touted as the best kicks in their draft. Both athletically and physically were clearly not your typical AFL type player.

But when I watch Laurie at VFL level I don’t see that supposed exceptional disposal. He will kick a nice goal here and there, but in general his field kicking looks bog average to me.

If Laurie can’t demonstrate his supposed point of difference consistently at VFL level and he’s going to be physically outgunned at AFL level, it’s hard to see a future for him.

I’d like Laurie to be in the team for a stretch and playing a proper role to work out one way or another if he’s got what it takes. In for a week or two as sub or playing him in spots he doesn’t play in the VFL doesn’t tell us much at all.
I'm astounded we picked two midges with back to back picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind short guys. e.g. Daniels, Liam Ryan, Jamie Elliot, Jeff Farmer ...

Gawn will have a fitness at today's captain's run according to Jake Melksham.

Surely shouldn't be playing, but we trust our absolute gold standard injury management....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back