Unofficial Preview Changes vs Hawks (Team in OP, Moore and Maynard to debut! Sack out inj. Seed omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are. It's a bit crazy. Give the kid a chance.

Morganashlee there are some de Goey lovers out there. ;)

He was awesome!!!!
I thought it was his break out game.
That no look mark and the delivery on the left to ?? in the 3rd was brilliant.

He was awesome!!!!

It was delicious to watch. I know Blair had to run a bit to mark it, but to think to centre the ball under pressure shows that this kid already has what it takes.

Let him run free and keep giving him game time!

IF and thats IF, Ben Reid comes in next week, where does he play, the clubs come out and said he will be a defender, but we cant have Frost and Brown aswell as Reid down there.
I didnt see anything wrong with him being a FF, he won us a couple of games last year or year before iirc.

Were you watching the same game? Yes he faded a bit in the second half, but he is one of our cleanest players and his disposal is as good as any. 9 tackles shows he doing the job defensively as well.

In: Reid, Greenwood
(don't think grundy will be right yet)
Out: Goldsack, seedsman

Frost is lucky he is so good defensively because he offers nothing on rebound and fumbles like no other when the ball is on the ground.

I couldn't think of a third person though to take out for Grundy.

It could be just me, but I'd be dropping Broomhead before Oxley. As a matter of fact, I'd be dropping Sidebottom before EITHER of them but I know that won't happen.

Drop De Goey?!?

I'd be dropping Broomhead - has barely been sighted, goes missing too often. If Greenwood slots in as an onballer then De Goey has the luxury of being slightly outside if needs be.

And yes Reid for Goldsack in a heartbeat.

It's hard being respectful of other's opinion when they're so far off the mark in my own.
I thought Broomy was superb last night. Much better than his older brother Steele.

He was awesome!!!!
i didnt even know where the ball was, and then next minute de goey has it, ridiculous, and that bit of clutch play in the 3rd is just a taste of things to come.
Lovely snap on the run also.

So this is how the Hawks game will pan out

We are in the game till half time. Bruest & Gunston get 3-4 goals between in the 3rd quarter (most from the back of the pack running into open goals), Pupolo takes a scream over Toovey on an angle and kicks another goal. Hale lumbers after a high ball and takes a pack mark running the opposite direction. At this point Roughie is well held.

At the end of the 3rd quarter both Hodge & sniper (Mitchell) are getting easy ball (in the backline unattended) like a cheap hooker, both nearing 30 possies each. Hodge kicks a clincher late after 3rd man up Lewis gets involved.

Last qtr starts we get an early goal, 10 mins in a high ball into our backline, Rioli goes manic, Goldsack panics Rioli gathers hand balls quickly to Bruest who kicks his 4th for the game. From the 15th minute mark long balls into our forward line whilst Gibson & Lake continue to take uncontested marks on the last line. A late goal from Mitchell has them winning 123 to 83.

BOG, Mitchell with 38 possies, Hodge with 31, Bruest with 4 goals, Gunston with 3, Rioli with 13 possies but media have him in the best players.

Point being no use dropping the like of Degoey, Ox, Broomhead etc and bringing back Young & keep playing Goldsack, Seedsman etc, we need to stick to our new team and the kids to see how we stand up, even though we might lose, we need to do something different to the last 4-5 years against poo & wee.

I bet you thought Freo were going to beat us by 10 goals too.
After last night's effort, I thought even the haters would have a bit of faith.

Way too harsh.

I reckon it's spot on. He's not a tall, he shouldn't need THAT much time to get consistency. Buckley has persisted with him in the interests of continuity and he's done nothing but get worse and worse since his ill-gotten ANZAC Medal.

So this is how the Hawks game will pan out

We are in the game till half time. Bruest & Gunston get 3-4 goals between in the 3rd quarter (most from the back of the pack running into open goals), Pupolo takes a scream over Toovey on an angle and kicks another goal. Hale lumbers after a high ball and takes a pack mark running the opposite direction. At this point Roughie is well held.

At the end of the 3rd quarter both Hodge & sniper (Mitchell) are getting easy ball (in the backline unattended) like a cheap hooker, both nearing 30 possies each. Hodge kicks a clincher late after 3rd man up Lewis gets involved.

Last qtr starts we get an early goal, 10 mins in a high ball into our backline, Rioli goes manic, Goldsack panics Rioli gathers hand balls quickly to Bruest who kicks his 4th for the game. From the 15th minute mark long balls into our forward line whilst Gibson & Lake continue to take uncontested marks on the last line. A late goal from Mitchell has them winning 123 to 83.

BOG, Mitchell with 38 possies, Hodge with 31, Bruest with 4 goals, Gunston with 3, Rioli with 13 possies but media have him in the best players.

Point being no use dropping the like of Degoey, Ox, Broomhead etc and bringing back Young & keep playing Goldsack, Seedsman etc, we need to stick to our new team and the kids to see how we stand up, even though we might lose, we need to do something different to the last 4-5 years against poo & wee.
I sincerely hope your wrong, but it seems to be the usual story against the hawkes.

I reckon it's spot on. He's not a tall, he shouldn't need THAT much time to get consistency. Buckley has persisted with him in the interests of continuity and he's done nothing but get worse and worse since his ill-gotten ANZAC Medal.
I agree he hasn't been good but I wouldn't describe the ANZAC medal as "ill-gotten". I think he was a unanimous choice is BOG that day.

I bet you thought Freo were going to beat us by 10 goals too.
After last night's effort, I thought even the haters would have a bit of faith.

Hawks play a style that will carve us up (again) I reckon. I had winning last night FWIW :)

He's dropped form and played as the sub - it's hard to regain form in those circumstances. Another reason why the sub rule is shithouse. Needs a couple of weeks in the seconds. His run, drive and touch of flair is much needed in tight contests.

I agree he hasn't been good but I wouldn't describe the ANZAC medal as "ill-gotten". I think he was a unanimous choice is BOG that day.

I'd have to agree with neilk Shpeshal Ed. Seed won that medal fair and square.
Unfortunately, it seems it was an aberration.

Hawks play a style that will carve us up (again) I reckon. I had winning last night FWIW :)
He's dropped form and played as the sub - it's hard to regain form in those circumstances. Another reason why the sub rule is shithouse. Needs a couple of weeks in the seconds. His run, drive and touch of flair is much needed in tight contests.

I know this is harsh and the decision was horrendous but that holding the ball moment was farcical.
i realise he was probably shagged but he was 3 quarters less shagged than the rest of the side at that moment. Critical turnover at a critical moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday night at the MCG, our best chance will be if it's wet, in the dry they will out score us, plain and simple.

In the wet though, or at least a little slippery we can keep the score down and control the game to an extent.

The Hawks are still the team to beat for the flag IMO, and we just don't match up well against them.

I'd bring Reid in and play him down back for one week only, before Grundy returns and Reid replaces White up forward.

Greenwood comes in and provides much needed support for the young mids.

If we are to drop Seeds then Clinton Young or Karnezis come under consideration too, we need that outside, skilful type in our side.

Put it this way, it will take the Hawfies to be off their game for us to get the points in this one. Again, all I want to see is effort through the four quarters like last night and hopefully they feel a bit of our pressure.

Will be wet, windy and cold apparently. Hopefully Reid and Greenwood play a whole game and run 'on top of the ground' tomorrow, showing they are ready to go. Hopefully Grundy is also ready.

I will leave the 'outs' to the club as it will be based on the match ups, gameplan for the night and who is ready to come in.

Haha Broomhead out?!
What game were those people watching?!
Good joke :thumbsu:

Goldsack out for Marsh: Goldsack improved in the 2nd half but was still horrible...Marsh has been on the cusp for a few weeks I reckon.

Seedsman out for Greenwood: Seedsman doesn't provide anything when his form is this bad. Has been below average for weeks.

White out for Reid: Frost and Brown doing a great job of late, have to at least try Reid forward with Cloke.

Langdon lucky, although if Shaz and Maynard kill VFL I wouldnt mind a change.

What's last night game got to do with my comments re: the Hawks game? and FYI, Hawks a class above all teams.

What do you think the outcome of last night's game would have been had it been Fremantle v Hawthorn?

Why are people mentioning young? Surely unless we get some ridiculous injuries he won't play again for our club?
And it looks like white is here to stay as reid is named down back in vfl so perhaps the plan is for him to be down back in afl which seems like a bad decision to me, but I'm sure they know what they're doing

Tim Broomhead equal match high tackles, 18 disposals at 89% efficiency, 4 score involvements, third highest pressure acts for Collingwood, 4th most contested possessions for Collingwood and he hit the scoreboard. According to some let's drop him anyway though :drunk:

Out: Seedsman
In: Reid

sub: De Goey

It was last chance saloon for Seedsman and that goal aside he didn't have any impact. De Goey has talent, but 12 possessions in 88% match time isn't cutting the mustard and post Hawthorn he likely goes out for Greenwood.

Tim Broomhead equal match high tackles, 18 disposals at 89% efficiency, 4 score involvements, third highest pressure acts for Collingwood, 4th most contested possessions for Collingwood and he hit the scoreboard. According to some let's drop him anyway though :drunk:

Out: Seedsman
In: Reid

sub: De Goey

It was last chance saloon for Seedsman and that goal aside he didn't have any impact. De Goey has talent, but 12 possessions in 88% match time isn't cutting the mustard and post Hawthorn he likely goes out for Greenwood.

Would that make us to tall?
If Reid comes in (which if he gets through tomorrow he should) then i would think it's Goldsack that makes way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back