Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally think we should go into this weekends game without any changes.

I know Chambers played pretty well for the Bullants and has done for the past few weeks but I don't believe he will be on our list next year and therefore I wouldn't drop a player who is a part of our future for somebody who isn't.

Thoughts...?

bluegal1983 said:
I personally think we should go into this weekends game without any changes.

I know Chambers played pretty well for the Bullants and has done for the past few weeks but I don't believe he will be on our list next year and therefore I wouldn't drop a player who is a part of our future for somebody who isn't.

Thoughts...?

no change, why would you want to, chambers will be emergency:thumbsu:

as0l0 said:
have a feeling Eddie might not be able to play, then we will realise how important he is to us.

Redundant! We all realise that already.
I have not seen anybody bag Eddie's endeavour

FF

Lance said:
I'd consider giving Bower a game. Played a couple of good games for the Bullants and looks extremely talented. Who to drop...Maybe Wiggo?

Who to drop will be a hard call. I think Bower will be sensational. A great draft choice. From what i've seen he's extremely skillful and knows it. Has height (6'4") and pace. Was actually named on the wing for the Bullants game - not sure if he played there though. Was drafted as a CHB, but could be used anywhere, even wing/midfield. It's great to see lots of our younger players performing well in the VFL - obviously trying to get a run in the seniors before the end of the season. Probably explains why the Bullants are doing so well. :)

Guys (and gals)

I'm not in Melbourne, so I don't get to see or hear much about what's happening at the Bullants.

Can you tell me more about this Bower that keeps getting mentioned in posts? What position does he play, height, speed, agility etc, etc.

Edit ........... just read Parrot's summary above, cheers!!!

Have onlt seen Bower play once but would support Parrot's views. On instinct from this one view I have a very good feel about him. Would like to see him get a game and perhaps Wiggins could be the guy to make way. Not that Wiggo doesn't give his all and actually felt he was more solid in his decisions against melbourne,something that I think has been lacking in the past.

Watched the Bullants v Werribee match Bower did really impress, also glad to hear he played well last week as well. Would've been a battle to get in best players last week.

Not sure what it is about him, might be his pace & the FRO hair do. I think this guy could become a cult figure at the Blues, especially if he grows the FRO longer.

He must get a game by end of season, 1 game is not going to damage his confidence even if Pagan is not sure he's ready.

Lance said:
I'd consider giving Bower a game. Played a couple of good games for the Bullants and looks extremely talented. Who to drop...Maybe Wiggo?
Yeh!!! Lets drop Wiggo :eek: Afterall he has only been one of our most consistent players since he came back into the team.

parrot said:
Who to drop will be a hard call. I think Bower will be sensational. A great draft choice. From what i've seen he's extremely skillful and knows it. Has height (6'4") and pace. Was actually named on the wing for the Bullants game - not sure if he played there though. Was drafted as a CHB, but could be used anywhere, even wing/midfield. It's great to see lots of our younger players performing well in the VFL - obviously trying to get a run in the seniors before the end of the season. Probably explains why the Bullants are doing so well. :)
Parrot you might want to get down and watch these kids in action and then you can make some judgements based on what you see rather thatn what others say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think we should drop him or even mcgrath. i know they have been good and they have now shown why they should be on the list next year. but now we have to give bower some game time before the end of the season and see how he goes and what he needs to work on during the pre-season.

Only one change this week smith for blackwell, smith had another good game on the weekend with 25 possys as well as 9 tackles, blacky has done little wrong, but look at his game time the last 3 games and the decision is quite simple plus the fact smith has been to the last 3 team meetings must mean something. Add to this blacky needs one more game to qualify for the bullants finals, it smells of a rookie to be elevated do you not think. I am sure smith will do just as well if not better than blacky considering he is a bigger bodied kid. Maybe only an assumption but certainly could be a possibility.

oaksy said:
i think we should drop him or even mcgrath. i know they have been good and they have now shown why they should be on the list next year. but now we have to give bower some game time before the end of the season and see how he goes and what he needs to work on during the pre-season.

Wiggins played well in the first half on Saturday and McGrath had a blinder! These two guys should definately be retained for the game against the Hawks.

OZBomb said:
The only one I'd consider is Setanta for Bower. I would be happy to go in unchanged though.

I thought Setanta did alright when given the opportunity on Saturday.... but Bower does deserve a senior game, although I don't think one more game for the Bullants will hurt him.

kickgoals said:
Only one change this week smith for blackwell, smith had another good game on the weekend with 25 possys as well as 9 tackles, blacky has done little wrong, but look at his game time the last 3 games and the decision is quite simple plus the fact smith has been to the last 3 team meetings must mean something. Add to this blacky needs one more game to qualify for the bullants finals, it smells of a rookie to be elevated do you not think. I am sure smith will do just as well if not better than blacky considering he is a bigger bodied kid. Maybe only an assumption but certainly could be a possibility.

There is logic to your post. I think the Bullants will be keen to have Blackwell play for them in the finals so they will need to drop him for that reason. In saying that, I think Blackwell has been a fair contributor for the Blues and therefore should be rewarded with a spot in the senior side until the end of the year. Smith on the other hand is burning in the two's and we do need to promote him before the end of the year in order to retain him..... What do others think?

McGrath won't be dropped after his game last week. I'd like Bower to get a game to see how he goes. From what I've seen of him, he provides plenty of run out of defence, and has height and pace? I just hope they don't promote Chambers this week, he has had two good games with the Bullants, but at senior AFL level he has had many chances and is found wanting?

kickgoals said:

Look smith will never be the player Blackwell is and smith looks to slow to go the next step and is not what we are looking for in the midfield you haven’t been right with any post you make so get off Blackwell as no one wants to hear what you have to say anyway
As you have no idea about football anyway

Bower would be first in-line for a call-up to the seniors but I feel it wouldn't hamper his developement to play the remainder of the season with the Bullants. It would be great for his confidence through the pre-season to have been part of a winning culture. Not to mention with a full pre-season this guy will come on in leaps and bounds.
If Bower was to come in it would be at the expense of Carlo's, but I think Carlo's is probably the best match-up for Buddy Franklin. Both are tall, fast, athletic and have fantastic endurance. As a bit of extra motivation for Carlo's, Pagan should tell him that Bower is knocking on the door but he (Pagan) wants to reward Carlo's for his hard work and has faith in him.
Smith will not get a call-up, and won't be promoted at the end of the year. The guy has guts but Bentick and Blackwell are both streets ahead of him. We will have a influx of mids through the draft this year and Smith will be a casualty.

A little birdy told me Teague was fairly decent on the weekend. I'd like to see him play a game before the seasons end, seeing as he hasnt played much this year

kouta 4 president said:
A little birdy told me Teague was fairly decent on the weekend. I'd like to see him play a game before the seasons end, seeing as he hasnt played much this year

He hasn't played for a reason. After his contract expires he will no longer be on our list.
I like the guys got plenty endevour, but if we are to go forward Teague would be one of the last selections every week.
I'd rather see Jackson come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back