Preview Changes vs. Pies - Round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pettys struggled but his last month has been really good. Clunking marks, kicking goals and being the player he is. Hes re-signed and I think he can do what we needed for him last year. Look forward mate
I will agree he has looked better the past month for sure. Might be finally getting over the foot by the time the year is done. Still, he should play backline next year, but I fully expect us to re-sign TMac to a ludicrous 2 year deal at this point since its the season apparently for all our vets getting excessive deals.

I'd like to see the winning percentage of Tomlinson in the side last several years. Seems like he plays in a lot of winning games and as soon as we lose 1, he's immediately dropped. I'd be reluctant to move him on. Handy back up with our tall stocks very low.

I'd like to see the winning percentage of Tomlinson in the side last several years. Seems like he plays in a lot of winning games and as soon as we lose 1, he's immediately dropped. I'd be reluctant to move him on. Handy back up with our tall stocks very low.
I agree to an extent would gladly keep him as depth on low dollars if he was OK with playing at Casey unless May or Petty were injured.

Seems like he would want to seek better opportunities elsewhere if possible though and we should facilitate that if he wants.

I agree to an extent would gladly keep him as depth on low dollars if he was OK with playing at Casey unless May or Petty were injured.

Seems like he would want to seek better opportunities elsewhere if possible though and we should facilitate that if he wants.

Be a shame to lose him. With the lack of depth we have in key talls I feel he's been a handy depth player

Be a shame to lose him. With the lack of depth we have in key talls I feel he's been a handy depth player
I agree, but see what happens in the off-season.

Few moving pieces. We might extend TMac for 1 year. Could go after Battle. Could secure another KPP. Might decide to start prepping Jefferson for an early debut and send Petty or Turner back.

Bit to play out with all those guys.

From memory he wanted to leave last year but they did not want to trade him. He is out of contract at the end of this season and would be an UFA as well.

I would really really like to get that free agent, Josh Battle.
A smart defender who has skills one on one, but also just as good in the intercept method.

I think hes a step up on Lever.

Last edited:
I agree, but see what happens in the off-season.

Few moving pieces. We might extend TMac for 1 year. Could go after Battle. Could secure another KPP. Might decide to start prepping Jefferson for an early debut and send Petty or Turner back.

Bit to play out with all those guys.
You beat me to it DP.
Agree totally with the highlighted, 1Yr for TMc... and get after the Axe.

I would really really like to get that free agent, Josh Battle.
A smart defender who has skills on on one, but also just as good in the intercept method.

I think hes a step up on Lever.
Battle is going to Hawks by the sound of it. I think they've offered a ridiculous package.

Battle is going to Hawks by the sound of it. I think they've offered a ridiculous package.
All the noise says that, but have we tried our hardest yet, with Houston now cooler, this year.? I think we have the need and the cap space to do it.

The Hawks are after Battle F/A, Barrass, and every other player under the hot sun. They cannot afford all of them at this time.!

All the noise says that, but have we tried our hardest yet, with Houston now cooler, this year.? I think we have the need and the cap space to do it.

The Hawks are after Battle F/A, Barrass, and every other player under the hot sun. They cannot afford all of them at this time.!
True. Rumours of a 6 year 800k+ contract. Seems steep to match or better. Good player and a type that we need. We'll see how it plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back