Preview Changes vs Western Bulldogs - GRAND FINAL - Saturday, 25 September, 7:15pm AEST - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

The dogs don't just have a bottom 6, they have a bottom 8-10.
Vandermeer, R. Smith, Cordy, Gardner, Duryea, Johannisen, Martin, Schache, Wood. Probably a couple more that escape me now.

I think that's the difference, they have passengers, I don't think we do.
Cordy won't play when Keath is in (and he's a top 5 player for the Dogs). Duryea is one of our most reliable defenders, not sure how you could say he's a passenger.

For every Roarke, Vandermeer, JJ, Wood, you guys have Petty, Sparrow, Rivers, Hibberd. Role players who look average on a stat sheet but are there to do their part in your overall game plan

You need to fly Rod Grinter into Perth ASAP so he can do the quarantine to be the medi thug.

Playing the Dogs in the GF with their umpire favouritism you need to sub in a thug like Grinter to knock out one of those Dogs supporting maggots.

Or Luke Darcy, either way I'd be happy.

fuSBzsGHtq9UkhdHO4VHgA-VFNUi5PeoAqEX06QJaqH20_g2jpS5TgQFEiw12iQX82kl70U
Get to see your hatred of all things Bulldogs remains boundless.

Clearly good taste has never been part of your agenda.

Been to politician school, answering the direct question with an answer that could be interpreted 12 different ways!
We just don't know which hammy he's referring to.

Yep. Harmes to Libba. Langdon on the Bailey Smith wing and force him to be accountable the other way.

This is one option and other options can be:

Harmes on Bont
Viney on Libba
Angus or maybe Sparrow on Bailey
Langdon on Hunter
Oliver on McRae
Salem on Trealor

This frees up Petracca and he can do what he wants.

ANB or and Spargo to annoy Daniels.

Hibbo or Rivers on Hannan.

This is one option and other options can be:

Harmes on Bont
Viney on Libba
Angus or maybe Sparrow on Bailey
Langdon on Hunter
Oliver on McRae
Salem on Trealor

This frees up Petracca and he can do what he wants.

ANB or and Spargo to annoy Daniels.

Hibbo or Rivers on Hannan.

Angus or Sparrow can't keep up with Bailey Smith. Neither have the running power or speed. I can't think of anyone that can go with him.

Or we just play our game and let the Dogs worry about who they need to matchup on.
You need to find a balance. We need to negate Liberatore, but aside from that just letting the mosquito fleet do their job on Daniel and Dale up forward is the pivotal step.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to find a balance. We need to negate Liberatore, but aside from that just letting the mosquito fleet do their job on Daniel and Dale up forward is the pivotal step.
Yes Spargo Kosi and ANB in perpetual motion flying in and diveBombing those hapless hacks!

I’d like t o see Viney get a hold of Daniel early on.
This got me thinking, what are the odds of some Melbourne players thugging it up? Essendon 2000 style.

If it happens, Viney and May top of my list. Cordy and Daniel (lol) the two dogs most likely to go the knuckle.

GWS tried with the Dogs a couple of times, I think they had varied success.

This got me thinking, what are the odds of some Melbourne players thugging it up? Essendon 2000 style.

If it happens, Viney and May top of my list. Cordy and Daniel (lol) the two dogs most likely to go the knuckle.

GWS tried with the Dogs a couple of times, I think they had varied success.
Was mostly thinking metaphorically but in the back of my mind I am scarred by 2000. Ed Langdon and BBB definitely ones to watch out for.

We might see some minor marking/tagging but I don't think there will be much. Dogs rely on libba at the coal face a lot, he's so good at getting the ball out to McRae/Bont. Bont obviously can win his own ball, but he definitely played a more outside game last night than usual. Clearance work will be based on dogs backing libba in to get the ball out to McRae/Bont vs dees turning Gawn/Jackson ruck work dominance and the one/two punch of Oliver and petracca. Add to that if Viney plays like he has the past 2 weeks, our midfield actually looks stronger.

We would obviously be mindful of the dogs miss as they are all super players, but they have to be mindful of our boys going forward too. Viney, petracca and Oliver are all averaging over 9 score involvements over the 2 finals. Petracca lead this stat this year for the league with 7.8 and he's had 10 in both finals. Effectively, 1 in 3 of his possessions end up with a score. It's off the chart. Worth noting, his 2 worst games were against the dogs in round 19 and cats in round 23. Bont isn't far behind, but has definitely had less scoring involvment over past 5-6 weeks.

We could just see 2 deep midfields go head to head at the contest and try to beat each other outright, as clearly both coaching groups would back their midfielders in.

The winner of this game really will come down to if we can slow their ball use down, and not give them clean entries from inside 70-80m. We have really only allowed this against GWS/Collingwood and hawks during our ordinary patch mid year. The dogs outworked us in round 19, but we still stayed within arm's reach most of that game, where as the dogs played exceptionally well that night. We didn't take our chances at all, and allowed too many scores from stoppage in our D50.

The good thing with the weeks rest, there are no excuses for the losing side.

Your bottom 6 aren't important mate. If Oliver Lever and Gawn have stinkers we ain't winning off the back of Hibberd Sparrow and Jackson
Maybe, but if our guns break even with theirs I’m backing the team who don’t have Mitch Hannan.

We just beat the cats by 14 goals…
No change.
Rivers has been great all year, back him in.
Bowey has played so composed and is a real threat by foot.
Jordan stays as the sub, massive when he came on.
I love hunty but he’s coming off an injury, yeah he breaks lines but our structure is better without him. He either tears the game apart or stretches the back 6 when he goes for a run and gets pinged htb

My only worry is the 5 goals and 25 touches norm smith Hannan is destined to have against us

We just beat the cats by 14 goals…
No change.
Rivers has been great all year, back him in.
Bowey has played so composed and is a real threat by foot.
Jordan stays as the sub, massive when he came on.
I love hunty but he’s coming off an injury, yeah he breaks lines but our structure is better without him. He either tears the game apart or stretches the back 6 when he goes for a run and gets pinged htb

My only worry is the 5 goals and 25 touches norm smith Hannan is destined to have against us
Reckon Hannan filled his quota of one good game for the year last night.
Watch him pull a Gary Rohan in fortnight. You heard it here first!

Sorry to intrude but just wanted to wish the Demons the best of luck for the Grand Final, I’ll be cheering you on. My mum and some of my closest friends are Melbourne supporters and all they’ve know is disappointment. Hope you get your moment in the sun (or is it under the moonlight?) come September 25th! Go Dees!

The "they've been there and we haven't" thing people say I find one of the most overrated reasons ever. So many dogs players making their grand final debut this week too.

Also, how did prelim experience go for Geelong and Port this weekend?

It's up there with Schofield saying we would have mental scars from 18. Just utter nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Western Bulldogs - GRAND FINAL - Saturday, 25 September, 7:15pm AEST - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back