Channel 7 Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened to bigfooty? Why is everybody agreeing with each other?

Because it's very difficult to disagree on this topic.

They spend more time reciting useless information and trying to be funny, than actually calling the game.
It's not just here that people are talking about just how shocking the commentary is.

Sad thing is they are paid a lot to produce this kind of rubbish....wish I had a job with that kind of expectations and wage.

If they just focused on calling the footy and put in some humour here and there, it would work. At the moment, they are trying to be funny more than calling the game, and it's simply not working.

The funny thing is, the commentary actually makes their camera work half decent.........so very sad

Look, Bruce is still a good caller, if that's all he had to do.

I think the vision and hence directive from Channel 7, is for the team to engage the audience as though they were friends.
If the callers just had to call and the special comments commentators just filled in the gaps with relative and useful information, we'd have a much better end product.

Please channel 7, just allow your employees to do the principle job they were employed to do.
Leave the comedy to Before the Game or manufacture a version of your own. Don't try and meld the two products...............oh, and give the director a kick up the arse.

can we expand this to include channel 7's coverage as a whole.
i haven't vented on this issue on BF yet but I have had an absolute gut full, its starting to draw genuine anger.
What the hell is up with the camera angles?? show the goddamn game! i don't want to see up Brian Lake's left nostril. And when a club is singing the song, the camera doesn't need to be jammed into Mclean's back so we get a non-existent view.
And the puff pieces, why have an hour of pre-game when you only discuss the game for 3 1/2 minutes before the bounce? Don't get me wrong, i would still give it to Rachel Finch until i bled from the pole, but i just turn it off until 5 minutes before the game.
The final pet hate is their production, i like mick malthouse's views on the game, but why does he have to be in a dark fritzel-esque rape dungeon? And the cut screens showing bazil zempilas with an awkward slow motion smile and sparks flying in the background? which muppet thought that was a good idea?
And speaking of muppets, luke darcy is exactly that, biggest bandwagon jumping flog out there.

#bringbackwallsyandquarters #lesserof2evils

Turn the sound down or watch the Cricket between SA and England.
Listened to a bit of triplem today and Commetti was commentating and he was ok, but on 7 with Bwuce he is appalling, #sack Bwuce.

I have been unconcious for the last 25 minutes from punching myself in the face because I didn't have time to find the remote once Basil Zemplilisiils came on TV. The last thing I remember him saying was "For shizzle" and saying how Liam Patrick looks like Snoop Dogg.... I don't want to watch channel 7 any more.

These guys are just killing football. Indeed, if they were serial killers:

Bruce would be Jeffrey Dahmer. He liked young men, and also found them 'delicious'.

BT would be John Wayne Gacy. He played a clown too, but his murdering of young boys was much funnier than BT's tiresome shtick.

And Hame would be the Boston Strangler, who like Rompingwins also cut his teeth torturing dogs.

These guys are just killing football. Indeed, if they were serial killers:

Bruce would be Jeffrey Dahmer. He liked young men, and also found them 'delicious'.

BT would be John Wayne Gacy. He played a clown too, but his murdering of young boys was much funnier than BT's tiresome shtick.

And Hame would be the Boston Strangler, who like Rompingwins also cut his teeth torturing dogs.

Ha ha, quality! :D

I dont understand when did it get so bad.
In case nobody knows Clarkson punched the wall in the coaches box. Big dent in the wall. Was really angry at a costly turnover. Just went and smacked it, right on quarter time. Suckling it was. Made Clarkson punch the wall. Turned the ball over whilst he was kicking in. Really damaged the wall by the looks of it.
And Brian Lake uses Grippo. But apparently too much of it is no good. It will affect your ball drop and work against you. Richo is a fan of grippo. Cameron Ling said Matthew Scarlett loves Grippo. It would be plastered on all over his shorts and jumper. And Nathan Brown loved Grippo too. Use to style his hair with it during games to stay looking schmik. Richo confirmed that and Luke Darcy backed it up. Ahh Grippo.

****IN KILL ME NOW!! seriously we get Clarkson was frustrated, but to beat on about it all ****in game?? Who gives a **** that Swan or Lewis are playing big games- theres a hole in the wall of hawks coaches box! Dear God whatever will we do!!

When they decided to talk about Grippo tonight, I didnt know whether they were trolling or not. **** Channel 7.

It's a shame that Gerard Whateley cannot extend his duties with AFL 360, into calling at least one match per round on Fox Footy. Hearing he, and Anthony Hudson call together would be heaven compared to the drivel served up, by Bruce/Dennis, BT the flog, and HamishMcZempilas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty baffling, the level of muppetry on channel 7 now. Who gave all these guys the green light? It's not like there's one or 2 bad callers. Bruce, Basil, Hame, Harley, Darcy, BT... I am actually relieved now when I hear Dwayne Russell is calling a game. I used to hate Dwayne-o

Dennis just talked about the week Adams had, and you just knew that it was going to end with Chris Judd's suspension. And surprise surprise, Dennis' point regarding Adams was that Judd shouldn't have received a 4 game suspension :rolleyes:

Bruce is just an embarrassment these days:thumbsdown: ...can't stand listening to him....cometti is not far behind...

If ch7 execs think we, the footy public, enjoy listening to these two, they are in lala land!!:thumbsdown:

Didn't Bruce say an umpire should be sacked or something.

Tipping Vlad and his Cronies won't be happy if so..

He was being sarcastic in regards to a deliberate call that the umpire made

He was being sarcastic in regards to a deliberate call that the umpire made
I know, but regardless, I was meaning knowing how precious the AFL are over it, it wouldn't surprise me.

Do you reckon Bruce just had a good old-fashioned fap over Rance all day!?
They all did, Petrie beat him, rance got shunted off to a back flank and bruce (while not mentioning that rance had been moved) said " ohhhh i like rance there, he provides sooooo much run" and then he turned it over which cost them a goal and we get nothing from the three of them. They were barracking for richmond today and as for ****ing tim watson, ****ing hell, he was having a quiet wank anytime cotchin or deledio went anywhere near the pack, cotchin hands the game pretty much to norf and not a peep out of any of them. watson in the background anytime his boys went near it "uhhh,ohhh,ooooo,ahhhh"
Embarassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back