Channel 7 news to break huge AFL story

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't the Vic media all over this ? Are they trying to cover it up ?
Quick someone better 'make up' a drug story against a WC player and deflect attention. Where's that brain dead twit Aker when you need him...

Court injunction, they're not allowed to.

Quick someone better 'make up' a drug story against a WC player and deflect attention. Where's that brain dead twit Aker when you need him...

Good to see you're across the news - the club concerned took out an injunction against news organisations.

For those who came in late

There has been an injunction imposed since 6.45 pm the media have been banned from reporting it

If these player continue to use drugs then teenagers who look upto these players will continue to use drugs.
Three times they have to be caught before the club even knows is stupid.
they should be told of the first offence and suspended for a bit, then getting caught the second time they should be given a 12 month ban min, and on the third offence a life ban from all sports.

Why is that a good thing? How would that prevent player drug use?

Because they know there will be more serious ramifications for their actions. For one, they know they will be exposed, and then there are more serious reasons for them to reform. Some will, some wont, but we have more of a chance of having a clean sport if people are held accountable for their own actions, instead of going into witness protection.

The system works very well in other sports.

If these player continue to use drugs then teenagers who look upto these players will continue to use drugs.
Three times they have to be caught before the club even knows is stupid.
they should be told of the first offence and suspended for a bit, then getting caught the second time they should be given a 12 month ban min, and on the third offence a life ban from all sports.

You're soft - offending players should be tried under sharia law, then have a hand cut off and banned from using YouTube and the iTunes Store.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I try to avoid them because attempting to understand wowser logic makes my head hurt. Yet I'm inexplicably drawn to them like a moth to a flame :p

Hilarious that you've already been accused of defending this only because it's your club.

Mate, I suffer from this same infliction. As to the poster who said I call anyone who agrees with me a gun, well it's more complex than that.

I just try and encourage people to think a little more than what is read in the papers. Some of the 'guns' on here have taught me a fair bit and not necessarily been people I have initially agreed with.

Cellotape and I were fighting the fight against BigFooty's hippys sticking up for the Eagles a while back over this very issue.

Because they know there will be more serious ramifications for their actions.

Just like no-one commits murder in countries that have the death penalty. It's an absolute deterrent.

Moreover, players who wouldn't take drugs are being encouraged to take them, due to the lax testing system and punishments.

The system works very well in other sports.

Yeah, for instance the NBA (who use a system like you're advocating) is almost drug-free.

Channel 7 said it was HAWTHORN. They were caught so they should have to handle what people say. upto 7 players have taken illicit drugs and 2 have been caught 2 times.

So let me just try and understand your conformist views.

We all know that a handful of young players would experiment with illicit drugs at times.

The current testing policy would have them involved in rehabilitation and education programs based on the three strike system.

In this instance a trailer trash gimp gets her hands on the 'confidential and private' medical records of those players from one particular club.

Then Channel Seven illegally pay for these 'private records'.

And now you are shooting insults at the Hawthorn Football Club.

Is this correct?

It is not like a press release. The public would know via the suspension of the player.

"Player x has been suspended 3 games for violating the league's anti-substance policies"

"Player y has been suspended 10 games for violating the league's anti-substance policies. It is player y's second offense, and if the player is caught again they face a 12 month ban from the league"

I see... Shane Crawfords Future

Just like no-one commits murder in countries that have the death penalty. It's an absolute deterrent.

So are you suggesting that anyone who has been found guilty of murder simply go in for rehab until the third offense, and then it is made public?

If you want to go to one extreme on my opinion, then this is exactly the same thing for your opinion.

You want them to remain anonymous and protected. I think they should be suspended if the results are conclusive, and then the severity of that penalty increases if the player re-offends.

So are you suggesting that anyone who has been found guilty of murder simply go in for rehab until the third offense, and then it is made public?

If you want to go to one extreme on my opinion, then this is exactly the same thing for your opinion.

You want them to remain anonymous and protected. I think they should be suspended if the results are conclusive, and then the severity of that penalty increases if the player re-offends.

Like I said before, the issue is not about the system.

The issue is how Channel Seven can be allowed to PURCHASE private medical records.

If you did it you would go to jail, are they above the law?

What do you see brother?

All I see is a flog who was told by his parents not to cross the road without holding their hand.

Well that was 25 years ago but he is still standing on the pavement.

I'm just imaging what you would do if this was some other team. I reckon you'd be gold. Such a shame you've decided to get all serious, you used to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back