Channel Ed is here

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Now I have had a crappy week posters......Pies lose again on Sunday to the Dawks, hit a couple of speed bumps at work, then find out Dayne and Bally are still 6 and 2 weeks out respectively (i know collingwood says 3 and 1 respectively but Walshy BS's us all the time).

So anyway good news was went out and had a few beers and came home and saw The Club was on. Well great interview with Dane but the real good news is 'Channel Ed' is here. No longer do I have to put up with listening to other commentators poor crap on us. I can listen to a completely unbiased perspective from Eddie and Tones.

Its gonna be great!

Its just gonna be great and how funny is that promo!

I actually always listening to Christian and Daicos commentate so am glad they are back on and to be fair i never thought they were overtly biased. Shaw was always certainly happy to whack Mick when he was coaching us to.

Anyway going to be great as hate listening to commentators bang on fior the last half about how good the Dawks were and less about some crappy umpiring at crucial stages, the injuries to Pendles and Reid and the impact that would have had and then 7 blokes missing who might make a difference.

BRING IT ON ED!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I have had a crappy week posters......Pies lose again on Sunday to the Dawks, hit a couple of speed bumps at work, then find out Dayne and Bally are still 6 and 2 weeks out respectively (i know collingwood says 3 and 1 respectively but Walshy BS's us all the time).

So anyway good news was went out and had a few beers and came home and saw The Club was on. Well great interview with Dane but the real good news is 'Channel Ed' is here. No longer do I have to put up with listening to other commentators poor crap on us. I can listen to a completely unbiased perspective from Eddie and Tones.

Its gonna be great!
Slip of the tongue?

I recon this is a great idea. I've often thought there should be alternate commentaries available, one example being an R rated one with a bit of swearing here and there.:p

FYI I've experienced it before with K-Rock doing Geelong games. The final minutes of the 2009 GF are quite horrendously biased with Andrew Bews scream "come on the cats" after Chappy's goal.

I'm gonna have to check this out - it's a great initiative, so long as people take in the spirit it's intended. What I mean by that is people don't arc up saying "I can't believe xxxx said that, what an idiot!" On the other hand, as a consumer of the commentary you would also need to take what they say with a grain of salt lest your own prejudices become entrenced!

But purely as an entertainment factor, I recon this is a winner!

Question, as its a red button option, am I able to record the game, then hit the red button while watching the replay to get ED tv? Or will the recorded version only give me standard commentary?

Can see this taking off as a general idea for big games. Ed mentioned approaching Mick Molloy and some other Tiger person to share the desk. That would work well in future. One caller from both sides, eg, Ed and KB, special comments by Shaw and Richo and boundary riders in Hellier and Molloy. That would be hilarious.

Same pattern could apply for other big clashes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel Ed is here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back