Feb 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks
How bad are they?

1. refuse to show the game in HD

Pathetic when you can't even read the players numbers at distance because they want to save money by showing the games in standard definition. Switching to the Fox game of Brisbane v West Coast the difference in picture quality was amazing.

2. Ridiculous camera angles

granted this wasn't quite so bad yesterday, but often the super close up where you can't see what is going on around the play and even a five second close up of the grass is not out of the question - whoever is in charge of selecting the vision from the raft of camera angles they have on offer needs an education.

3. Terrible biased and boring commentary.

Yes we know Mitchell won the Sandover Medal. You've said that already. Only four times. All day yesterday banging on about Port and their comeback ability, how good their players are, how they are a top eight side (do they even look at the draw to see who they have played this year). I could go on....

This from the network who supposedly prides itself in its quality of Football coverage and a commitment to our great game for many years. What a joke you have become.

Feel free to add to this list.

What would you expect from the worst broadcasting network in the history of the game. Don't get me started on Brian "Wowee, look at the wheels, the Calder cannons football factory" Taylor.

What would you expect from the worst broadcasting network in the history of the game. Don't get me started on Brian "Wowee, look at the wheels, the Calder cannons football factory" Taylor.

Heh heh, you sure it isn't Brian "Jack Steven, the boy from Lorne on the Great Ocean Road... Another product of the Football factory at the Geelong Falcons... Gee whiz, what a great Job Micky Turner has done down there!" Taylor?

These guys know nothing. The constant come-back talk yesterday was annoying, but they obviously have directives to continually give CPR to a dead game.

As a Port supporter, I can fully understand the comeback talk. If it weren't for Port's previous performances this year I would have stopped paying attention at half time, and that's obviously bad for ratings. Any inkling that the game may still have value left in it is very important to latch on to as a broadcaster, even if it's not particularly likely.

I'm not sure how wanting to see a close match is bias, although admittedly I was listening to the ABC radio commentary, so I don't have the same point of reference. I don't particularly want to suffer through Seven's poor video quality to check, either.

Instead of commentating the last minute they all send Mother's Day messages to their mums... Wowee.

Koshys on the payroll and is allowed to spruik his club all day.

Love the excitement when the sandover medallist kicked a goal, then we slot one a minute later to dead silence, even over the replay there was nada.

It was mentioned Harley was involved in the master stroke move which seen Hinkley appointed and subsequent change around of the club . Was the greatest pumping of ones self I have seen for a while was all set for him to be covered in glory once they had won .
Then to hear his ongoing bias commentary was quite humorous only problem was he forgot to counter in the fact RFC had no interest in his ego pumping .

then we slot one a minute later to dead silence, even over the replay there was nada.
Could that have been due to technical difficulties? Seven have had a lot of those recently, which could explain that.

If not, that's just unacceptable. When your entire job is to detail things, not even being able to chuck in some filler lines is just incredibly unprofessional.

I'm glad that my rips are from Fox Footy.

4. technical difficulties.

Lost count of the amount of times the audio popped and went quiet for the next minute. I know audio can be tricky to deal with but seriously, if Fox can get it right, why can't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the video quality, when they showed the standard zoomed out vision and the ball was on the outer wing, it was basically unwatchable. You could barely distinguish which team a player was on, let alone who he was.

Then there was the matter of trying to pick up the ball in transit, amongst the empty seats, light sprinkling of people and the ever switching/moving advertising video screens.

Then there was the matter of trying to pick up the ball in transit, amongst the empty seats, light sprinkling of people and the ever switching/moving advertising video screens.

did you know Port have 40,000 members? They need to send them a memo telling them the address of AAMI stadium

Did anyone notice a Port defender take a mark play on, run down from behind, tackled, ball dropped to ground...play on? The camera was soooo far away I couldn't quite see it and they certainly didn't replay it. Cost us a shot at goal.
Then last night same thing in Perth the player actually drop kicked it and was pinged because the ball "hit the ground before he kicked it". Drop kick now a banned substance.

the thing that frustrated me the most was the drawn out sentences where there would be silence before the last word... and then the last word didnt at all fit the rest of the sentence. Cant stand hamish, did anyone see 'The Grill' on afl.com.au where Cotch names his fave commentator as hamish? surely he was taking the piss after the dog incident??

All that money $pent on acquiring TV right$ leave$ nothing to $pend on acquiring intelligent informative TV football commentators...
Its basically a co$t cutting exercise having these numb nuts ex footballers spruiking their own brand of rubbish...
Totally mind numbing apart from the odd WOWWEEEEEE.....:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Channel Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

Back