News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn’t done it before that’s all. Struck me as odd.

Well the dog is basically a puppy so not sure he had the opportunity. And yeah, his partner (our former social media manager) has just got a new job with a Brisbane based V8 Supercars team.

Wonder if the Crows will be as aggressive in their statement about Cameron.

I doubt it. Charlie's circumstances have been known for a while and they are genuine, but it was a difficult decision for him as he wanted to stay in Adelaide.
I think a deal will be done fairly easily, but it will be overs as he is a contracted player and a required player. Also if it's about being in Qld, the GC Suns are an option that the club could explore. I hope it gets down at a fair settlement and we move on wishing him luck. Disappointed as I love Charlie as a player, but shit happens.

As an aside, we can file the Charlie Cameron trade request alongside Dayne Beams as another example of the BigFooty Lions Board being months ahead of the "expert" commentators in the media.

Well the dog is basically a puppy so not sure he had the opportunity. And yeah, his partner (our former social media manager) has just got a new job with a Brisbane based V8 Supercars team.

Yeah I think this is the first off season he's had the dog.

So you guys wouldn't do a straight swap for Mayes?

No, absolutely not. Don't even waste your time getting your hopes up.

You have to look at Fagan and Noble's comments about their number one trade priority being adding class and experience in the 22-25 age group where we have a massive deficiency due to the go home 5.

Trading a 23 year old Sam Mayes who is one of our very few starting 18 players in that age group (and who came 5th in our best and fairest) would be utterly counter-productive.

Sorry mate, we're the wooden spooner for a reason. You'll get fairly compensated but draft picks are our currency.

No, absolutely not. Don't even waste your time getting your hopes up.

You have to look at Fagan and Noble's comments about their number one trade priority being adding class and experience in the 22-25 age group where we have a massive deficiency due to the go home 5.

Trading a 23 year old Sam Mayes who is one of our very few starting 18 players in that age group (and who came 5th in our best and fairest) would be utterly counter-productive.

Sorry mate, we're the wooden spooner for a reason. You'll get fairly compensated but draft picks are our currency.

So Pick 12 it is then and you can keep Sam.....and his dog.:):)

If you keep that cheek up our club captain will be giving you a strongly worded phone call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring it on. I'm in just the mood for a stern altercation with a wooden spooner.:thumbsu:;)

You're in the right place to get moral support for your player retention crisis.

It never gets easier. I still dream of Docherty

Yeah we'll give you a couple of days to do the posturing dance but we both know you're currently on the phantom drafts board and skipping straight to #18 each time.

We have/will have too many, Rhys "beast mode/shotgun" Matheison, Jarrod "the power" Berry, Mitch "the intimidator" Robinson and Luke "they hyphen" Davies-Uniacke.

We also have Luke "Lions legend" Hodge in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back