News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was born in Adelaide and moved up to Brisbane in January 2002 as a 13.5 year old, now I'm 29. I love living in Brisbane and I'd actually feel pretty depressed living in Adelaide again so yer never moving back to the city of churches. Love the lifestyle, city, and climate that Brisbane has to offer and feel lucky being able to live here.

How about Brisbane's 12 and 18 for collingwoods 6 and 36? On points they are exactly equal. Both valued at 2,253.

Would allow Brisbane another pick to cover ballenden bid, whilst moving further up the draft to enable us to land two of Brayshaw, cera, ldu, dow, Rayner and Stephenson.

Edit: And use 20 for Cameron

It's no secret Collingwood need key position players, and moving back in the draft would enable them to get more value for their picks. As the pointy end is all midfielders.
Problem is in a shallow draft - everyone wants top-10 picks. I don't see us trading into the top-10 with picks alone. It might be possible as part of a Schache trade if we also hand over pick 12 or possibly 18 in the deal.

The Crows are just taking the piss surely, from Rucci in The Advertiser today.:rolleyes:

Brisbane currently has four top-20 picks to next month’s AFL national draft in Sydney - Nos. 1, 12, 18 and 20. While many commentators consider the No. 18 pick (gained as compensation for losing free-agent midfielder Tom Rockliff) fair value for Cameron, Adelaide can demand more considering Cameron is a contracted player.

So far, Adelaide’s asking price - first the No. 1 pick; then the No. 12 pick and All-Australian midfielder Dayne Zorko - has been excessive.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

giphy.gif

The Crows are just taking the piss surely, from Rucci in The Advertiser today.:rolleyes:

Here, let me bold the important part.

Just ignore him. He's a troll that has a newspaper outlet. Everyone in Adelaide knows it, but the rest of us only get exposed to him in the trade period (cf: Hagdorn, Kim; Denham, Greg).

The Crows are just taking the piss surely, from Rucci in The Advertiser today.
Here, let me bold the important part.

Just ignore him. He's a troll that has a newspaper outlet. Everyone in Adelaide knows it, but the rest of us only get exposed to him in the trade period (cf: Hagdorn, Kim; Denham, Greg).
Yes, he's a troll, and a massive Power supporter. Most of his work in regard to Adelaide is to either discredit or undermine the club. Definitely not a reliable source of information.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Tippett trade and we all know how that turned out for the Crows.

The Crows board Cameron thread is pretty funny reading at the moment, they've all convinced themselves 12 has been offered and rejected. Clearly we're about to crack at any moment and offer pick 1.

The Crows board Cameron thread is pretty funny reading at the moment, they've all convinced themselves 12 has been offered and rejected. Clearly we're about to crack at any moment and offer pick 1.
In fairness though it works both ways - they are probably coming over here and thinking "pfft, those idiots think they are getting Cameron for pick 20!"

That said if they think they are getting pick 1 or any trade involving Zorko they need to some serious expectation adjustment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness though it works both ways - they are probably coming over here and thinking "pfft, those idiots think they are getting Cameron for pick 20!"

That said if they think they are getting pick 1 or any trade involving Zorko they need to some serious expectation adjustment!
The difference is that there's quite a few of them who are convinced 12 has been offered and rejected. So the equivalent would be if we were here saying "well they've already agreed to our offer of pick 20 but we've taken that off the table and are pushing for pick 41". It's just madness.

The difference is that there's quite a few of them who are convinced 12 has been offered and rejected. So the equivalent would be if we were here saying "well they've already agreed to our offer of pick 20 but we've taken that off the table and are pushing for pick 41". It's just madness.
I called one of them out on it yesterday, asking where we had offered 12. He was unable to provide a link, just the name of a journo who mentioned it. I did some research, and sure enough the article didn't exist. They are making it up. Didn't Noble say this morning that Brisbane have offered 20, and there is dialogue between the clubs?
I live in Adelaide, and by far, Crows fans are the most insufferable in the league. (Eagles fans not far behind)

Well if the Crows refuse to trade Cameron to us in this trade period I hope they get nothing for him at the end of next season - fully deserve it after being dickheads. We allow our players to leave and deal with it, so can they.

I'm really beginning to think the Crows are just going to hold him to his contract.

They seem to have dug in so deep, that to release him for anything other than way overs is going to mean a massive loss of face for them.

Only this morning their list manager was saying that "unless another player comes in the door" it's NO deal.

Maybe they are angling for Mayes.

I would hate to see that.

Would prefer to forget the whole thing for 12 months and pick him up nice and cheap next trade period.

I'm really beginning to think the Crows are just going to hold him to his contract.

They seem to have dug in so deep, that to release him for anything other than way overs is going to mean a massive loss of face for them.

Only this morning their list manager was saying that "unless another player comes in the door" it's NO deal.

Maybe they are angling for Mayes.

I would hate to see that.

Would prefer to forget the whole thing for 12 months and pick him up nice and cheap next trade period.
I'd take 16 and Cameron for Mayes

Well if the Crows refuse to trade Cameron to us in this trade period I hope they get nothing for him at the end of next season - fully deserve it after being dickheads. We allow our players to leave and deal with it, so can they.
Cameron is contracted, so they are well within their rights to retain him as Carlton did with Gibbs. I’m sorry, but it goes both ways. If players want to sign multi-year deals, then they should serve them unless their club agrees otherwise.

No way we would shaft Sam like that.

Mayes would have to do a Jack Crisp and volunteer himself for trade ala the Beams trade.

Big problem is that Crisp was "strak knives" in the true meaning of the metaphor, whereas Mayes is an accomplished player that we surely would be very reluctant to let go.

They want Mayes. He has done the hard yards, re-signed and deserves some success at the Lions. We can't trade out players like that.

No of course not.

I don't think we would even suggest it to him.

All I'm saying was that the only way Mayes could come into the equation would be if he offered himself up, and even then I think we would baulk at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back