Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Had some incredible moments for the Club. His 2017, 2020 and 2021 seasons were highlights. At times he was the most damaging KPF in the competition in spite of a gameplan that did not get the best out of him.

Should have retired 2 years ago but that was probably in part due to not having any replacements lined up.

I think the fan base will look on his time at the club with much more fondness in the coming years once his off field comments particularly surrounding Ken, are a distant memory.

Alas, go well in retirement, Charles.

Last edited:

Damon White > Dixon

(Yes I am being facetious)
Not entirely sure what that comment is aimed at. But if you mean the moment Charlie started kicking a few goals and taking the limelight off Williams' love child, he'd be banished to a wing or a back pocket or the SANFL, you're pretty much on the money.

Last edited:
I couldn't give a shit what he said about the fans tbh he was just an average footballer, I don't wish him any ill will, he can enjoy his cash pile & his chux trucks now.. doesn't seem like a bad outcome for him.

Well done Charlie . Gave it a good shot and played some great games. . He was a good ground player at his best , nobody wanted to bein his way as he was charging after the ball , a reasonably good mark and kick , not perfect but he did well and should be proud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.
In the right system every bit as good as Hawkins as one example.
No. Hawkins has high football IQ.

Dixon probably the lowest football IQ of any player I have ever seen and this together with terrible coaching tactics restricted his output and tarnished his legacy.

Was a beast at his best. Injury derailed him at his peak but he still rebounded to be an All Australian for the first time at 30. Irrespective of the result and his inaccurate kicking, I still think his performance in the 2017 EF is the best finals performance from a Power player ever. And despite what many here think, he's one guy who visibly gave his all every week and always looked broken in defeat. All the best and thanks for giving it your all Charlie.
What? His performance was good, but it was no Tredrea sick and puking game day, shouldn't have even been at the game, let alone playing, effort against Essendon to lead his team to victory in a final.

As for Dixon, it's hard to get a definitive handle on him. He was in the worst forward 'system' I've seen from any side, in our time in the AFL. Good, but not great would sum him up as a player. Not a natural footballer, even within our shit system, he had poor awareness of positioning and was an average mark during the day and shit at night (did he/the club, do enough to try and fix his issues there? Probably not). Gave all during games and wanted to win.

As a representative of the club, outside of game day, he was abysmal. No player showed more disdain for supporters, running the clubs gaslighting of fans more than him.

If he'd retired two years ago, when it was obvious he was past it AND hadn't shitted on fans wanting the club to succeed more than the coach to be worshipped, he'd get more than a shrug of the shoulders from me.

No. Hawkins has high football IQ.

Dixon probably the lowest football IQ of any player I have ever seen and this together with terrible coaching tactics restricted his output and tarnished his legacy.
Yep. Hawkins looks like bumpkin and went through baby oil faster than a brothel when the navy visited town, but he was a smart player who worked to his strengths, for the benefit of his team.

Was a beast at his best. Injury derailed him at his peak but he still rebounded to be an All Australian for the first time at 30. Irrespective of the result and his inaccurate kicking, I still think his performance in the 2017 EF is the best finals performance from a Power player ever. And despite what many here think, he's one guy who visibly gave his all every week and always looked broken in defeat. All the best and thanks for giving it your all Charlie.

Is that the game where he kept, like missing the goals?

I'll show him as much as respect in retirement as he showed me and my fellow PAFC supporters, who were proven right again for the umpteenth time three weeks ago. Bye Charlie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back