Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Always gave everything between the sirens, that can't ever be questioned.

I will choose to remember times like, early in his Port career, 2017 or 18, a game vs West Coast at Subiaco, he led out from the goal square, clunked everything, and kicked a handful of goals. Was a dominant traditional FF game. That's the type of thing he was capable of, but unfortunately for reasons well discussed already, he rarely produced in a Port jumper.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Imagine if he'd learned to lead or told kernie bombing it on my head 100x a game doesn't work very well.

Played his best footy goalwise with the suns before even getting here in a much worse team.
He maybe did tell Ken this this year when he and Ken had the animated conversation in the Freo game he was spanked by Alex Pearce in, but still managed to help win the game.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Charlie was a fantastic player who was monstered by bad umpiring and injuries. I watch Curnow get free kick after free kick and think, if those sorts of things were paid to Charlie, he would've kicked 500 goals- 1000 if his ankles were sound.

Thanks, Charlie- you were a joy to watch in full flight.

Unfortunately undone all he did for this club with his disregard of us fans and the way he spoke in the media
"us fans" :rolleyes: nah, keep the rest of us out of it he just told the spuds what he thought which was basically you've got no idea. I liked Charlie, it was time for him to retire but on his good days he provided some great grabs and he always had everyone's back. Thought he was a great back up ruckman at times and he often made the football look the size of a tennis ball. He made Adelaide his home, spoke well about mental health issues and appears to have cemented himself into the community. Onwards.

"us fans" :rolleyes: nah, keep the rest of us out of it he just told the spuds what he thought which was basically you've got no idea.

But he was wrong and the fans were right, Ken Hinkley sucks, that much is clear.

Having a crack at your own fans is bad enough when they're wrong, but when they've been right the whole time?

Silly. Massively tarnished his own reputation. Keep your mouth shut and you retire as a cult hero.

But he was wrong and the fans were right, Ken Hinkley sucks, that much is clear.

Having a crack at your own fans is bad enough when they're wrong, but when they've been right the whole time?

Silly. Massively tarnished his own reputation. Keep your mouth shut and you retire as a cult hero.
He was asked what he thought about a certain group of fans and he gave an honest answer. Total respect from me. He could have given some vanilla response but he basically told people to go and get stuffed as they had no idea. Loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was asked what he thought about a certain group of fans and he gave an honest answer. Total respect from me. He could have given some vanilla response but he basically told people to go and get stuffed as they had no idea. Loved it.

The answer was wrong, though. The fans were bang on and had perfectly reasonable concerns.

At least when Choco did it to Allan Scott he was right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back