Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

China expanded its borders during a period when is was arguably the biggest beneficiary of globalisation.

Propaganda is going to get a bump in the next few years, 1.6 billion over 5 years, ASPI rubbing its hands together

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/china-cold-war-2669160202/
There is obviously no issue with the U.S. government presenting its own public view of what China is doing around the world, and doing so as forcefully as needed. But this bill goes beyond that by subsidizing “independent media and civil society” and other information operations in foreign countries.

The peace loving guys in the PRC have fired a nuclear capable ICBM into the pacific. The last time China did this was 1980. It's upset folks in the Pacific and gives all the appearance of another PRC diplomatic blunder.

The peace loving guys in the PRC have fired a nuclear capable ICBM into the pacific. The last time China did this was 1980. It's upset folks in the Pacific and gives all the appearance of another PRC diplomatic blunder.
unless there was a technical issue they needed to know about the atmosphere in that direction or the absolute range, they could have fired it into a Xinjiang desert. I think an added component was to send a message to the US that they can reach out over the Pacific.

unless there was a technical issue they needed to know about the atmosphere in that direction or the absolute range, they could have fired it into a Xinjiang desert. I think an added component was to send a message to the US that they can reach out over the Pacific.
I don't think the US was supposed to be the sole recipient of the message. Stupid behaviour, especially in the context of trying to extend soft power in the pacific. Another own goal for PRC diplomacy.

For the domestic audience, who are upset by latest economic developments?
More likely externally would be my guess. PRC has had a few failures with it's diplomacy in the region. Reminding folks of their reach.
It could just be a technical exercise us minnows are misinterpreting; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

More likely externally would be my guess. PRC has had a few failures with it's diplomacy in the region. Reminding folks of their reach.
It could just be a technical exercise us minnows are misinterpreting; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Not a blunder or a technical exercise. It's a show of force; The US has pulled out of NPT's and started building medium rangers, same as Russia, China is just keeping up. The powers are gearing up for a nuclear war and you can't be left behind. China has to build a few hundred at least in the next decade to retain a deterrence and they're planning on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a blunder or a technical exercise. It's a show of force; The US has pulled out of NPT's and started building medium rangers, same as Russia, China is just keeping up. The powers are gearing up for a nuclear war and you can't be left behind. China has to build a few hundred at least in the next decade to retain a deterrence and they're planning on it
The US is stil a party to the NPTs and sticks more closely to it than Xi and Putin who have made a fortune sharing technology with rogue nations.

The US started building medium ranges in resposne to Russia breaching its obligations and the CCP refusing to join the treaty as they were starting the largest military build up in history due to Xis lust for power and expansion at the cost of peaceful independent nations like the Philippines and Taiwan.

The CCP aren't building a few hundred in the next decade to keep up, it is building hundreds of just medium range missiles and thousands overall.

Not saying the US is perfect not even close but Xi isn't the poor bullied leader you keep saying. He is an aggressive dictator who in the future will be remembered with shame by the great Chinese people who have little interest in or inlfuence over his ego driven desire for power.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Because its the only system thats key priority is towards human rights as compared to other systems where the key priority is a god, the nation, the king or the party. Its also the best system for delivering technological progress that can improve human lives because it allows the most freedom to create/save and it rewards those who do.

I'm sure China has had several ICBMs aimed at Washington, NORAD and the usual suspects like New York for ages (and vice versa).

What's the bet that the west simply arms and aids Taiwan in its self-defence like Ukraine, rather than actually engaging in a direct war against an invading China? The 'full-scale' phase of the war in Ukraine has been going for nearly three years without causing a Third World War between two nuclear powers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back