Choked

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgrace of a game.

We are shit as ****.

I blame Giansiracusa for not kicking that goal in the last quarter.

and it's an absolute disgrace. We don't deserve to be premiers, not after that garbage we just served in the last quarter. What the **** happened? How the **** can a team just stop trying after getting a 17 point lead in the last quarter. I give up, this is just depressing.

Seriously, their defenders must have had a smile on their faces all night. FFS what is wrong with kicking the ball deep into the forward line and putting pressure on their defence? All night we refused to do it.

Hall, Grant and Roughie in the forward line and we refused to put them under pressure by kicking it long.

I just don't get it.

I dont normally post but this seems to help the ease the pain a little. Th ebookies had us at $1.01 with 4 min on the clock , couldnt lose the game but being the bullies we always find a way to stuff it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all too bloody familiar. 2010 presents a real opportunity for someone to rise up. Geelong on the wane. St Kilda without it's undisputed star (and our nemesis). Who is going to put their hand up? Not the Doggies. That is an opportunity too good to be true, so we'll just stick to soldiering on and achieving some honourable so-close-but-yet-so-far results.

Just like 97 & 98 when we were good. Very good. But didn't have what it took. Now, armed with the hardware to finally make it happen, we've played 3 good sides in the first 6 rounds - and lost them all.

Not very constructive, but i could not be more filthy.

With 5 minutes to go the saints supporters were booing their own players for christ's sake! They were THAT bad. And we still let 'em win. Completely unacceptable.

Mark my words, this loss will hurt a lot in 4 months time.

ARRGGHH.

I honestly have never been angrier after a game than this.

Not very constructive, but i could not be more filthy.

With 5 minutes to go the saints supporters were booing their own players for christ's sake! They were THAT bad. And we still let 'em win. Completely unacceptable.

Mark my words, this loss will hurt a lot in 4 months time.

ARRGGHH.

I honestly have never been angrier after a game than this.

My sentiments precisely.

12 min to go. St Kilda have no answers. We surge forward, Cometti says, "Here comes another goal", and we blow a simple opportunity (Grant). Denis adds, "St Kilda have another chance."

If we don't take ours, good sides will gladly accept theirs.

By the way, there's no point singling out Gia's missed goal. Cause there were at least 10 abysmal mistakes that cost us dearly.

How about Hall's facetap. WTF was that? And that keystone cops routine between Hahn and Williams that cost a goal in the 4th?

And in my opinion worst of all - WTF WAS FISHER DOING ALONE 40 M OUT FROM GOAL WITH 3 MINUTES TO GO???? He was at least 5 m from any other player.

And that's ignoring the endless fumbling, reflex handpasses after marks to covered men, and missed opportunities at goal.

At times tonight it looked like we were trying to lose.

OK - I'll leave it there. Apologies, but I am flipping out here thinking about how likely that is to cost us 4th at the end of the year.

I am so dissapointed, I could many things regarding the players specially those that went missing in the final quarter but I think the real culpable for tonigh is the coach.

How can Eade let a game like this go, why didn't we go long to our tall targets?

All other teams kick long when the games get difficult but Eade had our players spotting targets in a flodded forward line. How many times in the past we have lost games due to a last contested mark to the opposition?

Why didn't we kick from fifty?

We will never are going to win or even to get to a final if we don't play to win the games until the final siren and stop and rest/celebrate before the game is won.

Eade needs to have a good look at the way he is coaching our guys and the pressure he puts on them to finish the games strongly.

Although there's always a problem with out team sometimes we start to slow and get too far behind in the first quarter, other times we get tired to soon and get run over in the third or fourth quarter, I can't remember the last time I saw a game when the team had a strong four quarter win.

Frustration, dissapointment, sadness and fury are mixed feeling us Bulldogs supported are too used to suffer and unfortunately we are going through it again. Not to mention the sense embarrassment we experience everytime we get proven to be not good enough.

Once again all those expectations goes down the drain and it will be another year of almost but not quite.

I ask myself, was it the right thing to become a bulldog supporter many years ago? Will ge ever see in our lifetimes our team win another flag, at times like this I lose all hope.

Now I'll have a drink and I'll continue wandering offline about the meaning of life as a bulldog supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Choked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back