Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me. How's the mediocrity speak.

Basically, internally we're celebrating what a successful year it has been. He doesn't want the players to go away down and not thinking about how successful they've been this year. ---- Said on 5AA as well today

I mean what the actual ****.

Celebrate failure, and you breed an acceptance of it.

**** I'm sick of the piss poor attitude to winning.

It's not always about winning, it's not always about premierships every year. But how you perform against expectations. This year we finished 2nd, we marched home, then we flopped beyond belief in the finals series. Don't try and call that a form of success, it was a HUGE underperformance. We had a good minor round, yes, but the opportunity blown AGAIN was done so in such a poor way it wipes away any credit to that minor round performance.

Grew up supporting South Adelaide and Sheffield Wednesday and played for the Redbacks.

Anything over and above complete and utter ratsh¡t is as good as a flag.

Grew up supporting South Adelaide and Sheffield Wednesday and played for the Redbacks.

Anything over and above complete and utter ratsh¡t is as good as a flag.
Also known as the recruiting Charlie Dixon from Gold Coast phenomenon.

The man literally said on a podcast in 2022 "I had worse seasons at Gold Coast, 0-5 isn't so bad". ****ing loser.

The man literally said on a podcast in 2022 "I had worse seasons at Gold Coast, 0-5 isn't so bad". ****ing loser.
What do you seriously expect the guy who was out of the team still recovering from a long term injury to say?

"Yeah we're shit, everyone should just give up on this year now and tank for pick 1"

What do you seriously expect the guy who was out of the team still recovering from a long term injury to say?

"Yeah we're shit, everyone should just give up on this year now and tank for pick 1"
My god the excuses people will make for this guy is staggering.

I expect him to be disappointed we're 0-5, not reminiscing about the good old days of being 0-10 at the worst club in the AFL and thinking 0-5 isn't so bad. I don't think this is an unreasonable standard for me to expect of a professional footballer being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

I thought it was pretty obvious

CD referring to Timmy G as "these people"
Was Timmy G part of the media pack asking questions?

I thought he did a separate one on one interview with Tim.

My god the excuses people will make for this guy is staggering.

I expect him to be disappointed we're 0-5, not reminiscing about the good old days of being 0-10 at the worst club in the AFL and thinking 0-5 isn't so bad. I don't think this is an unreasonable standard for me to expect of a professional footballer being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
Just to add to that and not be shit on for having that level of expectation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that quote was from the 5AA Interview and not the Presser

Sorry if I got it wrong
I quoted the youtube video of the presser posted by Surebuddy and then quoted from 19.30 at the presser.

So this guy is rumoured to be off to Collingwood.

Perryman, after being just about signed with Port during the year is now all of a sudden heading to Collingwood too.

And now despite never being on the radar Houston is rumoured to be announcing Collingwood as his preferred destination early next week.

Nah, nothing suss there.

If Davies has been a part of any of this (highly likely) after being paid handsomely for years by the PAFC and to have achieved absolutely nothing at all under his football department leadership and then to act like an immature teenager and hurt the club on his exit then he's a disgusting human.

It's going to be very interesting to see how strong the Club is in regards to a player of Houstons ability just up and leaving with years to go on a contract and what we think is adequate compensation, because Collingwood have very little in draft picks.

With Houston, any club isn't just paying for the player, they are also paying for us releasing him from a lengthy contract too. I think that part gets forgotten at times.

Unless it's exceptional for us I hope we stand firm and Dan can come back or sit out for a few years, because this is feeling very messed up at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back