Chris Dawes vs. Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes is a decent player but he is very limited by his poor over head marking. He works as a good foil for Cloke but when given more attention he has shown he hasn't performed. Although he is still developing and a good start to last year was ruined by a broken knuckle which limited the rest of his season. My biggest query over Clark would be his consistency. If I had a choice I would choose Clark. He is a much more talented footballer.

AW.jpg

Clark just about wins the Coleman if he didnt get injured. Pointless debate really, think anyone and everyone would take clark. though Dawes is certainly a required player and a much needed player a our club.

Clark just about wins the Coleman if he didnt get injured. Pointless debate really, think anyone and everyone would take clark. though Dawes is certainly a required player and a much needed player a our club.

Bring Clark in against Richmond, St Kilda (x2), first Fremantle game and we potentially win those.

Interesting how Neeld plans to use Dawes as the stay at home key forward and use Clark further up the ground, swapping with Cam Pedersen for the second ruck role. Hopefully 30-40 goals from both in 2013.

I reckon without proper help up forward he'd have dropped off in the second half of last year when everybody knew we were going to kick it to him every time - especially with the headline grabbing massacre that he was threatening against the Franchise before getting injured - would have still been bloody handy but would probably have had five defenders jumping on him every time it went near him inside 50.

Hopefully now we've got at least a couple of options it will give them all more freedom to split up the work.

Interested by the suggestion Clark will ruck more - when he went in there this year against Hawthorn it killed our forward line, but his stints that night were arguably the best ruckwork we've had in the last couple of years other than the Jamar/Moloney massacre against Adelaide in 2011.

I don't think I have been this excited for years.

I understand we have been near the bottom for the past couple years, but I truly think we can turn it around.

Clark, Dawes and Pedo will finally give our forward line some punch. I was initially mortified when we traded Martin for picks and Gys for Pedo, but I reckon this sends a strong message to the playing group; pull your finger out or you can GTFO.

Byrnes and Rodan won't light the world on fire, but they bring experience and good work ethic. I think we can realistically finish 10th or so next season, granting we don't have any major injuries.

A best 22 of;

FB - Strauss Frawley Garland
HB - Watts McDonald Nicholson
C - Grimes Jones Trengrove
HF - Blease Dawes Rodan
FF - Byrnes Clark Howe
R - Jamar Sylvia McKenzie
I/C - Pedersen Viney Pick 4
Sub - Tapscott

Apart from Strauss and Tapscott, compiling that wasnt too difficult.

EDIT: Forgot Nicho, my bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand we have been near the bottom for the past couple years, but I truly think we can turn it around.

Clark, Dawes and Pedo will finally give our forward line some punch. I was initially mortified when we traded Martin for picks and Gys for Pedo, but I reckon this sends a strong message to the playing group; pull your finger out or you can GTFO.

A best 22 of;

FB - MacDonald Frawley Garland
HB - Strauss McDonald Watts
HF - Blease Dawes Rodan
FF - Byrnes Clark Howe
Sub - Tapscott

Apart from MacDonald, Strauss and Tapscott, compiling that wasnt too difficult.

Nice :thumbsu:

And then you add in Jesse Hogan in 2014 and it gets a WHOLE LOT more exciting.

Byrnes and Rodan won't light the world on fire, but they bring experience and good work ethic. I think we can realistically finish 10th or so next season, granting we don't have any major injuries.

A best 22 of;

FB - Strauss Frawley Garland
HB - Watts McDonald Nicholson
HF - Blease Dawes Rodan
FF - Byrnes Clark Howe
Sub - Tapscott

Apart from Strauss and Tapscott, compiling that wasnt too difficult.

EDIT: Forgot Nicho, my bad

Only thing i would change would be Rodan and Tapscott, I just feel Rodan is going to be a super sub player..come on for a quarter or two and will have utilize pace and skill. Not sure his knees will be up to running out more than 2 or 3 quarters.

Most exciting part IMO is the half back line, we have HB - Watts McDonald Nicholson - Watts has silky smooth skills coming out of the back, McDonald is a big unit and will only be bigger next season...this man is going to be a star, he has great stamina and will work hard all day. with Nicho off the other flank, he just keep improving and will also keep running all day - another preseason and bigger targets up forward are only going to help these guys next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Dawes vs. Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back