Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
He was the single reason they lost tonight. Day in day out he gets away with shambolic matchday coaching and no one sees boo about it because he is a media love child. Things he got wrong tonight

- Bilcavs on a wing. Did NOTHING while his obvious matchup in Lynch torched them
- Knew he had to win the game based on tackling yet left guys like Parfitt and Henry play who couldnt tackle a feather. They missed a guy like Scott Selwood putting some pressure on the ball
- Dangerfields rotations were absurd. He spent way too much time up forward in the second half. Ablett also spent way too much time at HFF. Needed to be in the goal square with Hawkins out
- Henderson hasnt played forward for 6 bloody years. Why play him at FF for. He should have been the one attacking the ball on the wing with Ratagoluea deep forward to provide a contest. Henderson can lead okay however he has no leap and no contested marking ability so why have him as the person who gets the ball kicked on his head
- Houli had no one within boo of him. Should have had Atkins lock down on him from the first bounce

I can think of many more things to add but all in all it was the worst coaching performance of the season by any coach.

- Houli had no one within boo of him. Should have had Atkins lock down on him from the first bounce

I'm gobsmacked that he wasn't tagged but no-one seems to lock down on him. Which is crazy because he is deadly with the ball in his hand. He is absolutely crucial to the way they play.

Actually they lost because Hawkins was an idiot the week before.

They had a fair bit of the game today. They just stuffed it with coaching moves if you ask me

How do you go into a game and not play Bilcavs on Lynch? Like I think my 8 year old cousin would spot that, see it is wrong and put Bilcavs on him, why cant Scott

Scotts lack of plan B isnt a knowledge thing, its a arrogance thing. The guy refuses to admit he is wrong or made a wrong decision. He would rather sink with the wrong decision like Bilcavs then correct it mid game. The guy is just genuinely awful and his attitude is a key reason for it

They were in the game on the scoreboard until 7 minutes to go. Wasn't it 4 points the difference?

You don't think Hawkins for the whole game would have helped?

Congrats to Richmond they deserved to win but imo Geelong might have won with Hawkins.
No because they desperately needed goals and instead chipped the ball around and ended up bombing in to Tigers defenders.

I’m sure he would have kicked a few goals but he was not the difference.

They cost themselves elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No because they desperately needed goals and instead chipped the ball around and ended up bombing in to Tigers defenders.

I’m sure he would have kicked a few goals but he was not the difference.

They cost themselves elsewhere.

And when they were dominating the game, instead of being up by 20 points maybe with Hawkins they could have been up by 30+ points.

Anyway, he wasn't there so it's all hypotheticals.

They tried to fit too many natural tall defenders into their team all year. Eventually it cost them because their best one is also their most flexible so got pushed out to the wing instead of playing on Lynch

He was the single reason they lost tonight. Day in day out he gets away with shambolic matchday coaching and no one sees boo about it because he is a media love child. Things he got wrong tonight

- Bilcavs on a wing. Did NOTHING while his obvious matchup in Lynch torched them
- Knew he had to win the game based on tackling yet left guys like Parfitt and Henry play who couldnt tackle a feather. They missed a guy like Scott Selwood putting some pressure on the ball
- Dangerfields rotations were absurd. He spent way too much time up forward in the second half. Ablett also spent way too much time at HFF. Needed to be in the goal square with Hawkins out
- Henderson hasnt played forward for 6 bloody years. Why play him at FF for. He should have been the one attacking the ball on the wing with Ratagoluea deep forward to provide a contest. Henderson can lead okay however he has no leap and no contested marking ability so why have him as the person who gets the ball kicked on his head

I can think of many more things to add but all in all it was the worst coaching performance of the season by any coach.

Took Danger out of the game in the 3rd quarter. Unbelievable. He started Danger forward in the 2017 prelim vs the Crows and the game was over in 10 minutes

But I thought Richmond weren’t as good as last year lol
66 points won’t win many finals.
They just don’t try to score enough goals and his third quarter moves were baffling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back