Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

and if we offered pick 12, Carlton would change their mind (again) and demand more.

12 isn't going to happen. Enjoy having a guy around the club who seriously doesn't want to be there and has already shown a demonstrably bad attitude. That's wreak your 'rebuilding' culture...Yarran really is just the gift that'll keep on giving :)

he is contracted we can demand a top five pick if we want we can demand your first five picks next two drafts if we want.

The only reason SOS is entertaining discussion is to help Chris Yarran not RFC. If RFC don't want to come to the party, fine - try again next year but don't expect us to discuss with you ever again about trade scenarios you guys are bloody hopeless.

I think most sets of supporters just want a trade to be done. SOS however, wants pick 12.

So does the deal then become Yarran and Pick 21 for Pick 12 and a later pick?

I think common sense is pick 19, but both our opinions are biased on this.
If Jack Redden was worth 17, then I think 19 is more than fair for Yarran. But then again, it doesn't really matter what I think does it?
No. Common sense tells you pick 19 is already not enough. Redden traded for 17 I think was fair.

Reading latest news I just read.

Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni, who said he had not spoken to Yarran recently, said he hoped a deal could be done to fulfil the 24-year-old's request as soon as this afternoon.

However, the club was firm on its request for a first-round pick from Richmond, having knocked back the Tigers' offer of pick No.19 on Tuesday afternoon.

He said it needed to be understood that Yarran was contracted to Carlton for 2016 and "if we can't broker a deal then he's a required player … I wouldn't have thought he wouldn't play".

"We're due to talk with the Tigers at some stage today and we'll try and broker a deal with them," Silvagni said on Wednesday.

"We need to talk through it. We'd hope it could be done today, but we'll see what happens.

"I've always said we'd like a first round pick, so that's what it is. At the moment they hold pick No.12."

The Blues already hold two first round picks in this year's draft (No.1 and No.8)

"To get pick No.8 is a big win for our footy club. I don't think we've ever had two picks inside 10," Silvagni said.

"The club came out strong at the start of this year that the list needed to be rebuilt and I think there's some significant moves in terms of what's happened through trade period."

Silvagni said tall forward Levi Casboult was expected to be on the Blues' list next season.

More By Nathan Schmook

Remember that Richmond's average player age is more than a year younger than Carlton's. Shouldn't you guys be peaking around now? We've still got a lot of natural progression to come haha

And while Richmond pat themselves on the back comparing themselves to the bottom side, Geelong, Port, WB, Adelaide and GWS load up on talent and gleefully overtake them.

And while Richmond pat themselves on the back comparing themselves to the bottom side, Geelong, Port, WB, Adelaide and GWS load up on talent and gleefully overtake them.

We pat ourselves on the back knowing that we'll have plenty of improvement from within.

It's what happens when you can retain players. You guys should should try it.

No. Common sense tells you pick 19 is already not enough. Redden traded for 17 I think was fair.

Reading latest news I just read.

Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni, who said he had not spoken to Yarran recently, said he hoped a deal could be done to fulfil the 24-year-old's request as soon as this afternoon.

However, the club was firm on its request for a first-round pick from Richmond, having knocked back the Tigers' offer of pick No.19 on Tuesday afternoon.

He said it needed to be understood that Yarran was contracted to Carlton for 2016 and "if we can't broker a deal then he's a required player … I wouldn't have thought he wouldn't play".

"We're due to talk with the Tigers at some stage today and we'll try and broker a deal with them," Silvagni said on Wednesday.

"We need to talk through it. We'd hope it could be done today, but we'll see what happens.

"I've always said we'd like a first round pick, so that's what it is. At the moment they hold pick No.12."

The Blues already hold two first round picks in this year's draft (No.1 and No.8)

"To get pick No.8 is a big win for our footy club. I don't think we've ever had two picks inside 10," Silvagni said.

"The club came out strong at the start of this year that the list needed to be rebuilt and I think there's some significant moves in terms of what's happened through trade period."

Silvagni said tall forward Levi Casboult was expected to be on the Blues' list next season.

More By Nathan Schmook
Well that's entirely a subject to opinion. In my opinion 19 is fair. In yours it's not.

You're clearly very nearsighted or haven't really thought it through??

If we end up with 1,8, 12 & 20 that would be all the picks we need + SOS, 21 is almost a wasted pick atm

Yes Richmond "win" the Yarran trade but Carlton wouldn't care, they would have 4 of the first 20 picks in the draft and 3 of the first 15.

That's a pretty good start for us, but you just keep thinking the way you do champ ;)
12? where are you getting 12 from?

he is contracted we can demand a top five pick if we want we can demand your first five picks next two drafts if we want.

The only reason SOS is entertaining discussion is to help Chris Yarran not RFC. If RFC don't want to come to the party, fine - try again next year but don't expect us to discuss with you ever again about trade scenarios you guys are bloody hopeless.

Mate, you can demand anything you freakin' well want.

Good luck.

And, sure, if the Yarran deal fails Carlton will never, never, ever talk to us in trade week again. Never. Ever. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the thing that staggers me.

Richmond and Richmond supporters don't seem to be determined to match strides with their real current competitors. They MUST improve their current team next year.

That's the thing that staggers me.

Richmond and Richmond supporters don't seem to be determined to match strides with their real current competitors. They MUST improve their current team next year.

The way you improve your team is not by offering overs for players.

And in any case, you guys talk like if we don't take Yarran for #12 then we somehow get nothing for our first round pick.

Have you not yet figured out that we might actually have other options? And that passing on Yarran doesn't equal "doing nothing"? It sure as hell doesn't mean failing to improve our list.

We pat ourselves on the back knowing that we'll have plenty of improvement from within.

It's what happens when you can retain players. You guys should should try it.

Of course Richmond will improve from within, but so will their competitors. Clubs with younger top end talent, clubs that are capable of executing a trade. I saw it happen to Carlton... They Knew We Were Coming, but by the time we arrived everyone had moved on. Richmond are too afraid of failure to reach for success.

lol, you really think you work for carlton dont you ? lol

Well that's entirely a subject to opinion. In my opinion 19 is fair. In yours it's not.

Yeah, I'm fine with your opinion is 19 is the value you place on Yarran but common sense tells you it got rejected and it is up to Silvagni and Richardson to do the trade not us. I suspect as we type they are working something out. I suspect we will get 12 in the end and a swap of later picks in Tiger favours to sweeten the deal. I suspect our aim is to go into the draft now with 1, 8 and 12.

Just looking at what we done so far essentially we given up Henderson, Menzel, pick 77 and pick 95 for pick 8, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Kerridge and Phillips. Also Tom Bell compassionately helped to get to Lions has us with pick 21 and unless I missed something I think we still hold pick 20. So as it stands pick 1, 8, 20 and 21 are ours and trying pick 12 for Yarran. That will probably involve some later pick swapping this evening. I think now other trades out of way the Yarran one gets done tonight.

and we will...even without trading!

When you can retain players you can develop them....

You need to beat Top 8 teams in finals. You need to add immediate talent. Look at the team that beat you with Higgins. Yarran is equally as comparable.

To win finals , you must add.

Yes North got Higgins for nothing, but if you target a contracted player, you must pay.

Personally, i would be happy if it is done for 19. And it might. But if it costs you 12, so be it. You must land and ADD to your team.

hawthorn will put pick 15 on the table and Tuggers miss out again... Hannebery, Treloar, bennel, Yarran all missed.... useless.
Why would Hawthorn want Yarran? They've literally only been mentioned once by the media in this case. Seriously, they have a litany of half-backs and half-forwards that are better than Yarran.

You need to beat Top 8 teams in finals. You need to add immediate talent. Look at the team that beat you with Higgins. Yarran is equally as comparable.

To win finals , you must add.

Yes North got Higgins for nothing, but if you target a contracted player, you must pay.

Personally, i would be happy if it is done for 19. And it might. But if it costs you 12, so be it. You must land and ADD to your team.
Well I think we have made a good effort, it's up to SOS now, talks will be held today so they are saying SOS is confident Yarran wont stand out next year but then again he admits he hasn't spoken to him, might be an idea to do that before this trade period ends.

Both clubs obviously feel the pick 12 has some value at this draft so I'm hoping we keep it even if it means missing Yarran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back