Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Yarran + 20/21 > 12 + 19?

Carlton do hold some leverage because Yarran is contracted.

Of course Richmond will improve from within, but so will their competitors. Clubs with younger top end talent, clubs that are capable of executing a trade. I saw it happen to Carlton... They Knew We Were Coming, but by the time we arrived everyone had moved on. Richmond are too afraid of failure to reach for success.

You've probably blocked out the memory of everyone pissing themselves laughing at that slogan. No-one believed that but Carlton supporters.

You know whats the best bit of this thread ?

heaps of blue supporters, when it looked like w=19 might get the deal done, turned on yarran. Called him a soft ****, useless, down hill skying coward etc.....It will be fantastic, when we walk away and they start sqwarking " OMG what a gun yarran ! " lol

You've probably blocked out the memory of everyone pissing themselves laughing at that slogan. No-one believed that but Carlton supporters.

This is still the most apt slogan of all time

498838_thumb.jpg

Wow, you must believe your lies are true haha

Hanneberry, we we not the only club to try to pry him lose, he is a dead set jet, to bad you could not even get an invite to try :)

Treloar - Yeah missed out on that one, got close, was either us or the Pies but yet another one that said lol no blues.

Bennell, poor kid has issues. WE WALK AWAY. At lest he saw us considering North, you guys etc could not get a look in.

The blues however, has heaps of merriment. Everyone you have gone after has said lol no...hows that sit with you haha ?

Not just the guys they go after, but the guys already playing for them lol

Could be the worst team ever in AFL history, even worse then when the expansion teams first started.

Not sure it will be that bad, but the AFL has just leaked the advertising campaign for round 1

f6047dfa15f2e1b202.jpg

See, I was using the slogan to draw a comparison with the conservatism of Richmond and the bravado of its supporters based on the non achievements of a mid table side. If the bolded bit is all you can see, well, it kinda supports my point.

See, I was using the slogan to draw a comparison with the conservatism of Richmond and the bravado of its supporters based on the non achievements of a mid table side. If the bolded bit is all you can see, well, it kinda supports my point.

What bravado? From what I've seen of my fellow Tigers, we're quietly confident that we'll continue to improve but not claiming we're flag favourites or anything. Refusing to pay overs for an underachieving player from the worst team in the league is not being conservative.

What bravado? From what I've seen of my fellow Tigers, we're quietly confident that we'll continue to improve but not claiming we're flag favourites or anything. Refusing to pay overs for an underachieving player from the worst team in the league is not being conservative.
Quietly confident... lol wot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predictions for how this will play out:

Scenario A

Blues hold out and demand Richmond's first, Tigers refuse.

Both parties declare the deal is off and walk away early tomorrow.

Blues go back to Yarran and say "You can stay with us, or you can be open to a move to another club."

Yarran cracks and says he'll move elsewhere.

Blues put the word out and another club swoops in with a late first rounder and snatches Yarran.

Tigers look like fools.

Scenario B

The deal continues to stall, Yarran refuses to move elsewhere, ends up staying with Carlton.

Tigers look like fools.

What about Yarran + 20/21 > 12 + 19?

Carlton do hold some leverage because Yarran is contracted.

The leverage is nullified because he wants to leave and only wants to play for 1 club.

If he's not in the worst side in the AFL's best 22 then how can he be worth anything more than pick 19.

Scenario A

Blues go back to Yarran and say "You can stay with us, or you can be open to a move to another club."

Blues put the word out and another club swoops in with a late first rounder and snatches Yarran.

Tigers look like fools.

Scenario B

The deal continues to stall, Yarran refuses to move elsewhere, ends up staying with Carlton.

Tigers look like fools.

Hawthorn come in with a late offer?

Scenario A

Tigers look like fools.

Scenario B

Tigers look like fools.

Both scenarios are pure fantasy.

Your fellow tigers may be many things, but none of it is prefaced by 'quietly' :D

Richmond identified a contracted player, it was always likely that Carlton would refuse to compromise. I get where you're coming from with Yarran but Dan and the club obviously disagree... so here we are.

Scenario A

Tigers look like fools.

Scenario B

Tigers look like fools.

More like:

Scenario A

Blues realise no one will give a first round pick for Yarran and that 25 is now their best offer

Blues look like fools.

Scenario B

Yarran does nothing for the year and Tigers pick him up, leaving Carlton with a mid 30s pick

Tigers look smart, Blues look like fools.

Scenario A

Tigers look like fools.

Scenario B

Tigers look like fools.

Tigers are already fools trading for pick 19

Atm Tigers would be ranked last in trades this year IMO and more trades just makes it worse!!

SOS saying he's comfortable Yarran will play for the blues if a trade can't be done.

Warming up the blue masses for Yarran being at Carlton next year.

I'm sure they would have preferred Menzel stayed.

Surely one of their haul of 48 GWS ex pats is better than Menzel.

Plus they got pick 8 too which will probably end up better than Menzel anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back