Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS saying he's comfortable Yarran will play for the blues if a trade can't be done.

Warming up the blue masses for Yarran being at Carlton next year.

I'm sure they would have preferred Menzel stayed.
Interesting that this is coming out. Yarran sticking around would be pretty funny after what some Blues fans have been saying about him.

Has anyone ever requested a trade on relatively bad terms, then stuck around?

Making a player nominate the club then failing to deliver is as weak and pathetic as you can get.

Well look at the Carlisle situation.

He nominated Saints but was happy to go to Hawks if that fell through.

How is this any different?

Well seems Saints are enquiring with their newly acquired pick 14. Could be wrong just something rumoured.

Richmond are too afraid of failure to reach for success.

Nice cliche. I take it your point is that we should be big and brave and throw everything at acquiring Yarran because, of course, we wouldn't want Carlton supporters to think we are "scared of success." :rolleyes:

Sense the urgency is now rising from Carlton supporters in this thread to get the deal done.
No time for mediation now. Seems like both parties are going to have to walk away. Not unhappy with this.

Sorry Chris, we obtained pick 19 for you, but your employer just doesn't want to let you go.

He's said it from the start - but your clubs moneyball-lowball strategies is falling flat on its face. You haven't improved your list and you have 24 hours to go.
God i was hoping you came back today. Really enjoy reading your posts and having a laugh. Full of entertainment you are. You are joking when you post arent you, iits hard to believe you could actually mean anything you have written the last few days surely.

Well look at the Carlisle situation.

He nominated Saints but was happy to go to Hawks if that fell through.

How is this any different?

Carlisle was uncontracted.

Big difference. Being a closet Tugger supporter I can see your blind allegiance to these clowns

I'm disappointed in Richmond investing almost all of the trade period into a deal that Carlton are not going to let happen.

Seriously, even if we said "fine, here's pick 12", I get a sneaking suspicions that SOS would just say "actually guys, we've changed our mind, now we want Pick 12 AND Pick 19 for Yarran".

I'm actually starting to believe that they really, REALLY don't want Yarran to leave, and neither do any of the Carlton supporters on this board either. For any deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that before or after making the player nominate the club?

Are you that simple ? We did not make or force Yarran to do anything. We made a pitch like you have to 7 other players but unlike you, we did not hear lol no REJECTED. He loved what he heard and now wants to come. We have not forced him to leave your club, he just wants too, do you get it ?

Sorry Chris, we obtained pick 19 for you, but your employer just doesn't want to let you go.

Richmond: "Sorry Chris, the Blues told us a first rounder, so we went out and got pick 19, but... uhhh... they didn't want it."

Yarran: "Probably because that's not a first rounder. How stupid are you people? Have you wasted everyone's time?"

Richmond: "..."

I'm disappointed in Richmond investing almost all of the trade period into a deal that Carlton are not going to let happen.

Seriously, even if we said "fine, here's pick 12", I get a sneaking suspicions that SOS would just say "actually guys, we've changed our mind, now we want Pick 12 AND Pick 19 for Yarran".

I'm actually starting to believe that they really, REALLY don't want Yarran to leave, and neither do any of the Carlton supporters on this board either. For any deal.

Nah mate pretty solid pick 12 or no deal.

Richmond: "Sorry Chris, the Blues told us a first rounder, so we went out and got pick 19, but... uhhh... they didn't want it."

Yarran: "Probably because that's not a first rounder. How stupid are you people? Have you wasted everyone's time?"

Sounds like you are really frustrated about this trade.
Think both clubs are too far apart and a trade won't get done.
Its almost time to forgive Yaz blues supporters.

If hear this one pick out of the first round argument used again I'm going to scream.

It's obvious pick 18 wouldn't have cut it anyway. Blues coveted pick 12 from the start and hid it under a thin veil of "first round".

Could be true. I know Bolton wants Yarran to stay. Might just be a ploy to troll Richmond the entire trade period; and they may have fallen for it.

Er, yes, that's the entire point.

If you weren't doing lots and lots of trading then the entire "revolving door" thing wouldn't work.

Take your time... Take as much time as you need...

could say the same thing about u guys winning a final...take all the time you need!

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back