Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he looks at the dogs list and sees Darcy and ugle hogan plus the bont. Dogs will get a first for bailey Smith, naughton and mcrae for petracca, blows every other offer out of the water

Peter wright would be Melbournes best key forward. Ben Hobbs was pick 13 2021 draft and just needs opportunities.

And on Harry McKay if he gets wind of Carlton wanting to trade him he would probably rather play with his brother.

What team will actually give more than that? He’s gonna be 29 and just came off a season ending injury. I don’t see Dangerfield Cameron type trades for petracca. But I could be wrong
The McKay twins don’t want to play in the same side.

They’ve both said this on multiple occasions.

You got an elevator pitch we could run with?
We offered a good winger, son of former player 10m and they still said no, be funny trying to lure a Brownlow medallist.

season 5 episode 10 GIF

This should do it.

Carlton are just hilarious. Keep falling for the same messiah complex over, and over and over again. It's not enough to have top end talent like Walsh, Cripps, Weitering, Curnow, McKay, TDK and Saad. Nope. Need more stars. Yep, that'll buy you that premiership you have been looking to purchase since 95.

What about just focussing on getting healthy and add a touch of speed on the edges?
100% spot on. The last thing Carlton need is another inside mid. Petracca could help them forward but the Blues desperately need speed on the outside and that is not Petracca.

I don't think MacKay is the answer for Melbourne either. Melbourne needs mids who can kick the ball properly to their forwards, not a forward who can't kick.
Collingwood don't have the currency, but also, in terms of team fit, a midfield of Petracca, DeGoey and Naicos sounds amazing on paper, but in reality, it would all be far too much one way running.

Don't think Collingwood and Trac suit one another unless DeGoey gets traded, which won't happen.
I think Petracca at Collingwood is perfect. You are right that all three of Petracca, DeGoey and Naicos is all one way running, but you would rarely (probs never) play them in the same midfield.

Both Petracca and DeGoey are excellent forwards - and Collingwood needs forwards - and Naicos is elite off half back. They have enough versatility to make it work. Pies just need to put the right defensive mids around them.

Also Pies are a superstar short, particularly when Pendlebury eventually finishes.

As you say Carlton are flush with stars but have no supporting cast.

Worth more to Melbourne at this stage of his career then I think most clubs will want to give up for him.
This is it. Melbourne would want a lot more than clubs would be willing to offer for 29 year old who just had a season ending injury.

Then it’s really on petracca to suck it up and continue at the dees. I’m not sure you get the best out of a player who wants out though.

If you trade Petracca, doing it for anything other than a good young (under 22) player and/or a haul of picks is stupid. The run is over, just commit to a rebuild and dont be stupid about it. Could save literally a decade of pain getting in ahead of Tassie

Shame he isn’t into Freo, I’m sure you lads actually have more capital than VFL players and picks in the teens like most are floating here.

It’s getting comical to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like he would fit Geelong, but they don't have the currency to get a deal done. I'm surprised he doesn't just shut up and honour his contract. His 'brand' is suffering a lot from this saga. He was part of the Melbourne team that broke the drought, unfortunately the team has had everything go wrong from there and don't look like winning another flag. Most players don't even get the one premiership.

Petracca and a F2 for Harry Mckay.

Petracca wants out, is older than Mckay, is being paid more so our salary cap takes a hit and Melbourne desperately need a key forward.

Pay up or **** off.

Just the supporters falling over themselves to get him. You have your stars, go take care of other areas. If you bring in Houston there seriously has to be a salary cap investigation...again.

I can 100% assure you, this supporter is not falling over anything and never will be.

If Petracca was to join us at Princes Park, it should not be in exchange for McKay.

Petracca and a F2 for Harry Mckay.

Petracca wants out, is older than Mckay, is being paid more so our salary cap takes a hit and Melbourne desperately need a key forward.

Pay up or **** off.

The bloke who struggles to kick a 20m set shot for our best player?

Yeah okay, how about we give you blokes Petty for Cripps and a F2 as that’s what this sounds like.

Cripps is older than Petty so yeah. Makes sence.

Also can people **** off saying we need a key forward, that is so 2022, we are moving into 2025 now, we have JvR, Jefferson, Turner and Petty coming through and have moved on from that shit.

season 5 episode 10 GIF

This should do it.
I don’t trust anyone down at the club at present, I doubt clarko would be even able to close, players would just walk outta the room, wondering wtf.
About the only think I’ve got is to send Sheez and Wardlaw in announcing they’re the Capt and VC for next year, cross the fingers and hope for the best.

Weird how so many ppl think clubs can just trade players at their leisure, like Carlton can just tell McKay to pack his bags and go to Melbourne. Doesn't work like that, squirt, real life isn't the same as videogames. McKay isn't going to join Melbourne.

The bloke who struggles to kick a 20m set shot for our best player?

Yeah okay, how about we give you blokes Petty for Cripps and a F2 as that’s what this sounds like.

Cripps is older than Petty so yeah. Makes sence
Your club is asking for him (supposedly).

And your best player is coming off a major injury where your doctors mishandled him.

Also if your best player is demanding a trade, the least of your worries is the Coleman medallist you're getting in return. I'd be more worries about your rotten gambling and drug culture.

The situation reminds me of the Bulldogs situation at the end of 2014. Captain and best player Ryan Griffen decides he wants to leave for GWS, causing a big mess behind the scenes. Ends with Brendan McCartney being sacked and getting rid of Griffen anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back