Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Terry Wallace still do it?
Nah, hung up the mic a couple of years back.
The day JFK was shot
Princes Diana's dewth
Barrassi's passing
Jack Karlson going to that great succulent Chinese meal in the sky
And The List Manager, proudly brought to you by Continental Tyres taking his last nuffie megatrade proposal, every generation has those traumas, those scars that just don't heal 💔
Knowing as I know, Terry, that you put more time into this and as the premier mind in this space have an ability to analyze a trade in ways other simply cannot, Terry, is the reason we at Trade Radio, proudly brought to you by Bob Jane T-Marts, can provide the football public with insights that are truly second to none.
Thanks, Damo....

On reflection, everything after 'Nah' might have been a touch over the top.
But here we are.

Let's just see what happens when the seasons over and trade week starts.

He'd be far better going interstate, for he's brand and he's legacy, which he comes across as really wanting to be talked about in the same sentence as bont, dusty etc.

I think the teams he wants to go to are still playing finals, so he's cooling the jets.

He needs a new manager if he stays though. Dorazio has proven he can't make hard calls and tell he's players the truth. He stuffed a year of Grundys career and now the leaking of petracca stuff to McClure
The team he wants to go to just missed the finals. Last years Premiers.

The whole debacle reminds me of a couple who tries to break up and fails the first time..

Likely beneficial for both parties to move on. Deep down Petracca doesn't want to be there. If he ends up wanting out in a year again his trade value only goes down.

Its good long term he stayed but Melbourne has to mend a lot of fences here.

Something very nice about one club players, no slight to those who move on. Footy is a business (showbiz no less) and it happens, but the little things like one club champions and father son picks are the heart and soul of it.

Does this mean Melbourne made Trac some promises? Something about the coach? There is more than one spot fire giving off smoke there.

The whole debacle reminds me of a couple who tries to break up and fails the first time..

Likely beneficial for both parties to move on. Deep down Petracca doesn't want to be there. If he ends up wanting out in a year again his trade value only goes down.

Dunno if his value would go down, but potentially the club that wants him could offer more with an extra year to plan. It's likely it will take him time to get back to his best, if he's in good form by late next year his value probably would have increased from what I reckon it is currently which would be it's lowest (even though still high). Although if he looks like not ever becoming the player he was then for sure the value begins to slide.

This will hurt the club long term, had to let him go, simple as that.
The more you look into it as a supporter the more evident it becomes there's significant issues within the club from the top down - Pert/Roffey, the board, coaches - Goodwin especially (has to go but he won't because our board is weak as piss) and clearly our players.

Can see us treading water for a couple years then dropping off - need to cash in whilst these players still hold currency

New Damo hit piece has dropped on the AFL app. God Damo is such a flog. It's really painting it as all Petracca's fault which is such bs.
Was just about to post that. Some pretty unsurprisingly disgusting victim-blaming (despite being able to acknowledge Petracca is a victim in all of this) from Damian Barrett - colour me shocked.

What a shit campaigner.

So you’re suggesting that petracca and his camp are lying about him nearly dying?
Petracca wants to leave your club this much?
But everything will be fine if he doesn’t get traded?
Why would Melbourne want to keep a player that wants to leave this much?

No way anyone could suggest this unless they want to say all of the doctors & nurses who treated him are also lying which is nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just about to post that. Some pretty unsurprisingly disgusting victim-blaming (despite being able to acknowledge Petracca is a victim in all of this) from Damian Barrett - colour me shocked.

What a shit campaigner.

What an absolute hit piece.

How would someone feel after what should be a work safe case to blame the injured person.

Not long to wait now for the GF to be done and dusted …
I see where you're going with this.

Petracca will be at either Sydney or Brisbane next year. 👀

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back