Claim your Nat Champs SUPERSTAR SURPRISE and SLIDER

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicholas NAITANUI looks very good to me..
How good is that leap! He has something that is for sure, wouldn't look past him to be drafted. A bit disappointed by Kreuzer so far, he's a good tap ruckman but his disposal isn't as great as I expected. But, Vic Metro are being creamed so I guess he is just having a down day. Morton is going to go top 20, Palmer looks the goods. WA are creaming them. Their forward line is impressive with players such as Yarran and Sampey, not bad at all. Grimes has been Vic Metro's best.

Superstar- Cale Morton- All Class and will be able to do it at the top level had 42 possesions apparantley against state country last weekend.

Suprise- Luke Sampey- Will hold down a kpp very well i think and is a player that catches your eye with his physicality.

Slider- Chris Masten - Will see some of his weaknesses some people who just go on what others have said will have there eyes opened to how much footy he wastes, still a good player but not as good as made out.

One to Watch- Nicolas Natanui- wont see to many move like this guy at his size another excitment machine will be Adam Maric.

Review-
Cale Morton-
Won Larke Medal, so got that one right (about time i got something right some may say). Is a start and was pretty easy to pick as a player to watch.

Luke Sampey
Suprised a few people in his first game and showed some good signs I would give that a pass.

Chris Masten
Personally he didnt slide in my opinion and played how I expected got alot of the ball and ran hard but didnt do much outstanding with it.

Nicholas Natanui
Have to be stupid if you could say you didnt enjoy watching this guy play he is a freak and could be anything in the future.

Naitanui certainly gave us some very enjpyable highlights today...:D A couple were a bit ugly (e.g. the mark he flew for far too early and didn't even bother to put his hands up for the grab), but he was one of the few players out there that actually gave you gasp out loud moments. Morton added a couple as well and showed he has some nice evasive tricks for a guy of 192cm.

Naitanui certainly gave us some very enjpyable highlights today...:D A couple were a bit ugly (e.g. the mark he flew for far too early and didn't even bother to put his hands up for the grab), but he was one of the few players out there that actually gave you gasp out loud moments. Morton added a couple as well and showed he has some nice evasive tricks for a guy of 192cm.

That is dodging around 2 players on the boundary line Gilly. What a talent, and thoroughly deserved his Larke Medal.

Aaron Joseph - Tasmania: This boy can play. had a great championship, averaging 29 disposals. Can play anywhere, I liken him a bit to Andrew McLeod, with an aboriginal decent he moves very nicely. I had a bit to do with him as an under 16 and he lived on the West Coast of Tasmania and he travelled with his family over two hours to training and back home again, to Hobart for training. So is very committed.

Superstar: Trent Cotchin. Just has all the traits to be a great player.

Suprise Packet: Mitchell Farmer. Is highly value in the Cannons outfit and is usually there abouts in each game.

Slider: Rhyce Prismall. Could be anything but seems to lack the hunger to be a great player.

Got Cotchin wrong as the best player, but pretty happy to get Farmer and Prismall correct.

Gee really glad to see that you are happy this young kid didnt have a good carnival. Bet he would be rapt to sense your satisfaction. He was in the top possession getters in the first game for vic metro, played about half the game in the second match and didnt even get a game in the last so pretty hard to rate his carnival when he hardly got a chance. How on earth do you know what sort of hunger he has anyway..... get off his case he's just a kid having a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Joseph - Tasmania: This boy can play. had a great championship, averaging 29 disposals. Can play anywhere, I liken him a bit to Andrew McLeod, with an aboriginal decent he moves very nicely. I had a bit to do with him as an under 16 and he lived on the West Coast of Tasmania and he travelled with his family over two hours to training and back home again, to Hobart for training. So is very committed.

Late pick or rookie selection would be the best he could hope for IMHO. Still, an exciting little prospect.

Superstar:
1.Kruezer (VM) - Easily the best Ruck option at the champs - can go forward too - definitely expect him to show why he will go top 2.
Not a fantastic carnival but pretty good, Kreuzer showed his class.
2.Murphy (TAS) - Extremely smart player, brilliantly skilled yet tough in and under type player, with a thumping left boot. Will rip open the Division Two Competition.
Not a great carnival from Zane, went missing too often.
3.Collier (TAS) - Very good defender for Tassie in the VFL and will dominate the Division Two Tournament.
Good tournament from Tom, named in the All Australian side form the Carnival.
4.Masten (WA) - Will have a great carnival and show why many think he will go top 3.
Pretty good tournament from Chris, showed his skill and flair.

Suprise:
1.Tarrant: Will have a good carnival and surprise many, could easily firm into a great AFL player.
Injured and underperfroming, for me Tarrant slid, not surprised.
2.Cornelius (TAS): Big, strong, marking forward. Extremely dangerous and will have a very good carnival. The frightening thing is he's not eligible until next year.
Good call, Cornelius killed the carnival, and made the All Australian side. Top 5 next year!

Superstar:
1.Kruezer (VM) - Easily the best Ruck option at the champs - can go forward too - definitely expect him to show why he will go top 2.
Not a fantastic carnival but pretty good, Kreuzer showed his class.
2.Murphy (TAS) - Extremely smart player, brilliantly skilled yet tough in and under type player, with a thumping left boot. Will rip open the Division Two Competition.
Not a great carnival from Zane, went missing too often.
3.Collier (TAS) - Very good defender for Tassie in the VFL and will dominate the Division Two Tournament.
Good tournament from Tom, named in the All Australian side form the Carnival.
4.Masten (WA) - Will have a great carnival and show why many think he will go top 3.
Pretty good tournament from Chris, showed his skill and flair.

Suprise:
1.Tarrant: Will have a good carnival and surprise many, could easily firm into a great AFL player.
Injured and underperfroming, for me Tarrant slid, not surprised.
2.Cornelius (TAS): Big, strong, marking forward. Extremely dangerous and will have a very good carnival. The frightening thing is he's not eligible until next year.
Good call, Cornelius killed the carnival, and made the All Australian side. Top 5 next year!

I'd hardly call Cornelius a surprise... maybe to mug punters and drafts board readers, AIS kid and recruiters were all very aware of what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Claim your Nat Champs SUPERSTAR SURPRISE and SLIDER

Remove this Banner Ad

Back