Claim your Nat Champs SUPERSTAR SURPRISE and SLIDER

Remove this Banner Ad

Superstar: Cotchin and Prismall .. (All that say prismall lacks hunger and is lazy, this kid is the hardest working young footballer i have ever seen, has made so many sacrifices for his football, will have a blinder carnival and show everyone what the hype is all about.)

Surprise: Will Sullivan the human hitout machine .. Everyone expects Kruezer to dominate but Sullivan will shine with less attention .. recruiters will be salivating at the pure rucking genius that is william sullivan and he has the endurance and athleticism to go with it.

Slider: Maric (hope not though) and Grimes (dont get me wrong, love the look of him but I can just see it happening)
you forgot to mention Ward, then you would have all the Jets boys covered (talk about bias) there are other teams out there

Everyone is picking Tarrant as a Surprise.
At this stage can anyone confirm he will acually play? The poor kid hasnt played a game in over a month and hasnt played a good game in even longer, i cant see him being fit enough and match ready enough to play at the high standards the championships are played at. I'm a big wrap for him but i suspect he will have a poor carnival, i hope he proves me wrong.

Superstars

- Lachie Henderson - Vic Country
- Bradley Ebert - SA
- Matt Kreuzer - Vic Metro
- Trent Cotchin - Vic Metro

Suprises

- Ash Arrowsmith - Vic Metro
- Scott Selwood - Vic Country
- Andrew Otten - Vic Metro

Sliders

- Adam Maric - Vic Metro
- Chris Masten - WA

Div. 1 Best Player - Henderson/Ebert

Superstars

Henderson - Vic Country
Kruezer - Vic Metro
Cotchin - Vic Metro
McEvoy - Vic Country

Suprises

O'Keefe - Vic Country
Hinkley - Vic Country

Sliders

Tarrant - Vic Country (under done)

Sliders:

Based on this weekends final practice games I would think both Vic Country and SA could fall into this category. Next weeks game could be a nil all draw. :D

bit harsh on Vic Country considering the following players didnt play and are all certain starters:

Henderson (CHF/FF)
Kangers (CHB/FB)
Hockey (W/C/HBF)
McKenna (CHB/CHF/R)
O'Keefe (HFF/W)
Steven (BP/Rov)
Curnow (RR/HBF)

that is alot of coverage across the Ground.

they were also missing Normington who pulled out with a jarred finger in the warm up. Tarrent played his first half of footy in a month (2nd Half). an they rested alot of players throughout the 2nd half it seemed.

thoughts on starting line up for Vic Country?

Time will tell I guess.

Superstar-
Matthew Kruezer- size, skill and athleticism
Steven Gaertner- his athleticism will be a talking point but can he use the football effectively?
Lachlan Henderson- if fit enough will show that he has as much talent as anyone in the TAC
Ben McEvoy- A very good talent who will rise in draft calculations.
Aaron Cornelius- Going to go VERY high next year

Surprise-
Jeremy Laidler- All round footballer who will probably get 4th or 5th best defender
Craig Bird- Will be THE dominant midfielder in Division 2
Ashley Arrowsmith- Silky disposal and AFL size and athleticism will stand out

Slider-
Rhyce Prismall- I just dont think he has the runs on the board this year although his last TAC game was significantly better
James Polkinghorne- Red hot early TAC form has waned of late. May lack necessary pace for midfield and prefer as small back
Jack Grimes- Strong honest footballer. Is he an elite player or just a good honest trier who has average game in all areas?

Superstar-
Matthew Kruezer- size, skill and athleticism
Steven Gaertner- his athleticism will be a talking point but can he use the football effectively?
Lachlan Henderson- if fit enough will show that he has as much talent as anyone in the TAC
Ben McEvoy- A very good talent who will rise in draft calculations.
Aaron Cornelius- Going to go VERY high next year

Surprise-
Jeremy Laidler- All round footballer who will probably get 4th or 5th best defender
Craig Bird- Will be THE dominant midfielder in Division 2
Ashley Arrowsmith- Silky disposal and AFL size and athleticism will stand out

Slider-
Rhyce Prismall- I just dont think he has the runs on the board this year although his last TAC game was significantly better
James Polkinghorne- Red hot early TAC form has waned of late. May lack necessary pace for midfield and prefer as small back
Jack Grimes- Strong honest footballer. Is he an elite player or just a good honest trier who has average game in all areas?

i highly doubt it

Superstar(WA): Chris Masten who truly is a workhorse. The best thing about this kid is the person that he is. A wonderful kid with great attitude, big work ethic, good skills and a big motor.

Suprise(WA): David Myers a sublime player who reminds me very much of a young Tivendale, Bowden. A good defensive attitude with a penetrating kick that sets up play ahead of the field.

Naitanui is an athletic gift and will suprise many people by his ability to play as a ruck rover style ruckman. I think however that he is too young for this draft??

Rich is also maybe a player who can't be drafted but this kid is similar to Masten except that he has aready made physique for the game and will go where only the best go.

Slider(WA): Winter already slid as he didn't make the WA 25. A very big suprise and something I think the WA side will miss is his unbelievable hardness at the footy. He also has a great motor and the touch of arrogance you need to have to make it. The only people happy about him not picked will be the Victorian state team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superstar- Cale Morton- All Class and will be able to do it at the top level had 42 possesions apparantley against state country last weekend.

Suprise- Luke Sampey- Will hold down a kpp very well i think and is a player that catches your eye with his physicality.

Slider- Chris Masten - Will see some of his weaknesses some people who just go on what others have said will have there eyes opened to how much footy he wastes, still a good player but not as good as made out.

One to Watch- Nicolas Natanui- wont see to many move like this guy at his size another excitment machine will be Adam Maric.

Superstar: Brad Ebert, especially in SA side that doesn't look that strong
Surprise: Matthew Lobbe, fantastic hands and presents well, really impresses me
Michael Hurley: Can kick the ball 70 metres and is a never give in type player
Slider: I hope not but Naitanui to me is a bit overated an might disappoint

I am ver vic metro bias--
but having seen Cotchin and Maric close up recently, they have the ability to dominate a game, particullarly Cotchin, who has the lot, and when drafted barring injury will walk straight into an A.F.L midfield, or forward line. if addam maric works hard he will have a blinder of a comp.
Got to stay focused and not do silly things, that result in reports, free kicks against or 50 meter penalties.

Hurley will be a suprise as long as he is not exploited by having to man up
a quick tall, but has a beautiful quick.

Joyce will be the slider as his hight and left side dominance will be found out early if he gets a game. wont work hard into position

Only seen Victorian players, mainly Country but these are mine:

SUPERSTARS
Trent Cotchin (VM)
Matthew Kruzer (VM)

SUPRISES
Ed Curnow (VC)
Pat Dangerfield (VC)
Scott Selwood (VC)
Ryan Normington (VC)
Nick Suban (VC)
Jackson Hall (VC)
Ash Arrowsmith (VM)
Andy Otten (VM)
Patrick Vezpremi (VM) - not quite a superstar but might be after championships

SLIDERS
Darcy Daniher (VM) - if he made it
James Blaiser (VC)

Lachie Henderson might not play as well as Tarrant as they are both underdone. I'll be watching Clayton Hinkley (VC) closely like the way he goes about it.

My tip: Vic Metro to win by about a million goals.....

Patrick Vezpremi (VM) - not quite a superstar but might be after championships

My tip: Vic Metro to win by about a million goals.....[/quote]

Veszpremi will miss the champs due tue a thumb injury, will still go top 20 IMO as he has plenty of runs on the board after last years performance

God i hope so. I would like nothing more than to see him slip down the order so we can get him in our first round.
My worry about him is, he could turn out to be another Farren Ray.

So he'll get best on ground in front of 80,000 people in his first final? Not a bad pick up, then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Claim your Nat Champs SUPERSTAR SURPRISE and SLIDER

Remove this Banner Ad

Back