Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It says 2 of the Murdered girls families plus the KK victim are opposed and that Channel nine and Seven are after it. Maybe Bfew might be able to share the link from the West Australian paper today, i'm not good at that. :)

There's more hours censored out of the police interview imo, than there was left of it and that we heard.

2 of the Murdered girls families plus the KK victim are opposed and that Channel nine and Seven are after it.

The Commercial media would also probably love to live stream inside Casuarina from a GoPro attached to Bradley's forehead, but it just ain't going to happen.

Yes the media want released the footage of the raid on BRE's house and his interview by police after that. Now some fkr set fire to BRE's house last night. Probably a birthday present to BRE. hehe. I was looking for BRE's trophy box the weekend just before this one gone. I was looking just a stones throw from his house. Or several army flame throwers reach if you like to look at it that way. When he was told about his house fire apparently he wasn't that fired up about it. Maybe he was just warm n cosy instead, lols.

On the news tonight both Barbagallo and Yovich are against it too in case there is an appeal later on. With both nine and seven teaming up they might have enough pull to get it released?

On the news tonight both Barbagallo and Yovich are against it too in case there is an appeal later on. With both nine and seven teaming up they might have enough pull to get it released?
IMO if 2 of the victims families of and the KK victim and both Barbagello & Yovich are against it, then that would be enough weight to keep it closed to the public.

Pity he wasnt still in the house BFEW - It was always going to be sold "land value only" - seems Wife2 will end up with nothing - except the takings from a book she will release.

"insignificant damage" - so I hardly wonder why Arson Squad will investigate..... more waste of Taxpayers money on this case.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...lers-home-ng-b38c7c3c8a8d3297dcc6943efb66a274

IView attachment 1024047
They should investigate this, while they are at it they should go over the house again with a fine tooth comb. It just may be that someone was trying to destroy evidence that hasn't been found yet...

or maybe someone just wanted to (pardon the pun) re-ignite the storyline...

Justice Hall is considering an application from 2 of the families and BRE over not releasing the police interview tomorrow at 10am Perth Supreme court.
I guess that there is a suppression order, related to what was scheduled to happen yesterday in the WA Supreme Court relating to this application.

They should investigate this, while they are at it they should go over the house again with a fine tooth comb. It just may be that someone was trying to destroy evidence that hasn't been found yet...

or maybe someone just wanted to (pardon the pun) re-ignite the storyline...
I immediately thought the same thing - some one trying to destroy hidden evidence - which I think would be highly unlikely- but does deserve another search - you just never know what may have been overlooked.
Also, strangely, the house looks a lot tidier now no one is living there!

WAPOL sounded like pussies speaking to BRE - so we have offered you drinks - we have offered you food - we have been kind to you BRE - you don't have to answer BRE

ALL PATHETIC

I would like to hear the HARD questions - not all the pussy footing around that we hear - that tiny portion

I would like to hear the HARD questions - not all the pussy footing around that we hear - that tiny portion
Do WA Police get a say in any of this?

I imagine that WA Police would not like any bad cop routine, that was part of any good cop bad cop questioning, to be publicly showcased.

Ooooh I didn't know this, Marshall is updating the book with post trial content.

The Devils Garden
Marshall examines the murders of three young Perth women between 1996 and 1997 which, after 20 years was the most expensive, long-running unsolved investigation in Australian history. Sidelined by police during research, she demands answers as to why the (then) prime suspect had not been publicly cleared nor charged and why, despite eleven reviews, police appeared no closer to charging this serial killer. The prime suspect was not charged. Instead, in 2016 Bradley Edwards was charged with the murders and is now awaiting trial. Debi is presently writing new chapters to update this book which will be published post-trial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justice Hall is considering an application from 2 of the families and BRE over not releasing the police interview tomorrow at 10am Perth Supreme court.

What does Justice Smith (not Hall) expect un-ethicals on the internet to do with any BRE Police interview footage?
Parody subtitled videos like all those Hitler Bunker scene Downfall movie parody subtitled videos on youtube?

p5
'Television networks want to air Edwards’ arrest
By BRET CHRISTIAN'

'...........

Lining up against the broadcasters was an alliance of lawyers representing Edwards, his victims’ families, the Commissioner of Police and the Director of Public Prosecutions.'

'Early in the hearing the judge, Justice Jennifer Smith, flagged a problem with the vision being broadcast even with strict undertakings from the TV stations. She worried about the vision escaping on to the internet where ethical journalists would not be in control.'

Another objection raised at the hearing was that the trial process was not yet over, with the possibility of an appeal and re-trial.'
'The Police Commissioner also noted that the investigation into the murder of Sarah Spiers was still ongoing, and that suspects in unrelated cases might be reluctant to participate in recorded interviews if they thought they would be broadcast.'

'Justice Smith noted that although the video of Edwards’ arrest and his initial questioning had not been seen on television, the audio had been made available during the trial and reporters in court were free to describe the scene shown in their reports.'

'She reserved her decision on the application until next Monday.'

2:15PM Monday according to the WASC court listings for Monday 14 December 2020.

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 8.27.49 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 8.27.59 pm.png

Ooooh I didn't know this, Marshall is updating the book with post trial content.

The Devils Garden
Marshall examines the murders of three young Perth women between 1996 and 1997 which, after 20 years was the most expensive, long-running unsolved investigation in Australian history. Sidelined by police during research, she demands answers as to why the (then) prime suspect had not been publicly cleared nor charged and why, despite eleven reviews, police appeared no closer to charging this serial killer. The prime suspect was not charged. Instead, in 2016 Bradley Edwards was charged with the murders and is now awaiting trial. Debi is presently writing new chapters to update this book which will be published post-trial.

I didn’t care for The Devil’s Garden for various reasons. But Debi Marshall was proven right by her opinion that Lance Williams was not the CSK. The book was released before police had stated they were wrong to blame Lance Williams. I myself thought at the time that Lance Williams was probably the CSK and that lack of evidence was what prevented a prosecution. So I was wrong but still I’m going to wait for Bret Christiansen or other authors’ books myself.

I didn't think for a minute that Lance Williams was the CSK. I do plan to go back to where I think BRE hid his beers in the bush reminiscing knowing someone might be in there. Skulling a beer or two. I am not lying. No stories either. The beers, four of six unopened are still there. Rusting tops. Old cardboard Hahn (I think) packaging. Knowing how he laid branches down left and right has helped me immensly. I have been to that area at least four times. It is not easy what I do. And I said in 2008 that I thought the first was there. Quite possibly the pre first, before Claremont was known. May lead one day to Highgate. But as yet I do not know. That is just a guess.

Just finished the Enigma of the Dark and i have to be honest , i reluctantly bought it not being a fan of Tim's during the trial pod casts. BUT... i really liked it!! It was very well written and very thorough, he covered a lot of just about everything from the very start of the hearings until the verdict. While a lot of us that have followed this trial closely there was nothing that we haven't heard before but to others it would be very informative. He certainly has a way with words and explained it all very well, highly recommend it.
Looking forward to Bret's book now in January.

Just finished the Enigma of the Dark and i have to be honest , i reluctantly bought it not being a fan of Tim's during the trial pod casts. BUT... i really liked it!! It was very well written and very thorough, he covered a lot of just about everything from the very start of the hearings until the verdict. While a lot of us that have followed this trial closely there was nothing that we haven't heard before but to others it would be very informative. He certainly has a way with words and explained it all very well, highly recommend it.
Looking forward to Bret's book now in January.
So there was nothing at all that you weren’t aware of? No new perspective?

So there was nothing at all that you weren’t aware of? No new perspective?
Not with any new facts Wombat, it was just a very well written documentation of all the facts and a section about Lance Williams and Weygers being suspects and why. The new family interviews from Don Spiers and Lee Rimmer are obviously new.
Lee Rimmer is also writing a book and in her interview with Tim she describes BRE as being "A piece of shit and hopes he suffers before he dies"
At last a honest down to earth reaction that we would all feel in her shoes.

According to the West tonight, in the WA Supreme Court this afternoon, Justice Smith rejected the joint media bid for vision of Bradley Robert Edwards’ arrest and arrest day Police interviews, to be broadcast by the media.

Here's the court documents posted late today to the WASC website related to this.

'Parties:
SWAN TELEVISION AND RADIO BROADCASTERS PTY LTD (CHANNEL NINE PERTH), NETWORK TEN PTY LTD (CHANNEL TEN PERTH), SEVEN WEST MEDIA LTD (CHANNEL SEVEN PERTH, THE WEST AUSTRALIAN NEWSPAPER)
THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
BRADLEY ROBERT EDWARDS
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE'

and the 30 page pdf version of the above. (2020WASC465)

Last edited:
Only two more sleeps to sentencing.

/
so whats everyones ideas on sentences for BRE?

im thinking it will be 20 years for each murder, and 15 years for the rape + other crimes. 55 years, all served consecutively. could be an offer to make the sentences concurrent for admissions of location of SS, gives BRE a glimmer of hope of release.

whats everyones ideas on sentences for BRE?
About as long as some of my long sentenced posts in the BigFooty CSK related threads.

A suitable shorter sentence for BRE would be something like "Eat porridge and cry".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back