Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if a straight swap, Zerk-Thatcher for Oliver gets this done. Oliver is damaged goods now.
You've got it all wrong.

McAdam for Oliver will be the first deal signed off and first player for player trade in a while.

But in all seriousness if (yes its the key word here) the Crows can get a hold of 4 then 4, 9, F1, McAdam and a choice of F3 or Gollant for Oliver and F3/4 (pending which option they take out of F3 or Gollant).

No1 pick for Oliver wouldn't get it done?

Getting Clayton Oliver would be the fastest way of becoming a middling team for the next 5 years.

He’s make us good enough to miss out on elite talent, but not good enough to contend.

If Melbourne want pick 1 for Oliver there will need to be a club willing to give them the picks for Clarry to satisfy West Coast.

You've got it all wrong.

McAdam for Oliver will be the first deal signed off and first player for player trade in a while.

But in all seriousness if (yes its the key word here) the Crows can get a hold of 4 then 4, 9, F1, McAdam and a choice of F3 or Gollant for Oliver and F3/4 (pending which option they take out of F3 or Gollant).

I like him for Adelaide. Would put you guys top 4. But also...Tex watching Oliver's no look hack bomb kicks come towards him into the f50...

200.gif

I like him for Adelaide. Would put you guys top 4. But also...Tex watching Oliver's no look hack bomb kicks come towards him into the f50...

200.gif
Hopefully he handballs to Dawson if he comes.

Also Tex is very much used to the hack bomb kick gameplan, it was a staple for us post 2017 until now-ish.

200.gif
That was Max Gawn watching the ball go through in a SF but his 25kg ruckman head just overwhelmed his body with neurons screaming "CLARRY KICK BAD FIST BALL"

lol there is no way he is worth two first round picks
Yeah, he's only a four-time Best & Fairest, three-time All-Australian, two-time AFLCA Player of the Year and statistically the best contested player of all-time. He's definitely worth less than players like Dylan Shiel and Adam Treloar.

In fact, we should really be trading our pick 5 to get rid of him, too.

I don't see how Oliver is good for WCE at the price he would command. You've just off-loaded all your old guys and so will bottom out over the next 2 seasons and need to smash the draft button. By the time WCE are competing again Oliver will be 30 (probably at best).
He isnt which is why Demons would have to overpay to get it done by giving us a younger player too...

Yeah, he's only a four-time Best & Fairest, three-time All-Australian, two-time AFLCA Player of the Year and statistically the best contested player of all-time. He's definitely worth less than players like Dylan Shiel and Adam Treloar.

In fact, we should really be trading our pick 5 to get rid of him, too.
Yet here he is on the trade table despite 7 years left on a contract because he has issues. That hurts his currency

The question is how much baggage is he carrying and how much that reduces his trade value?

I suspect Melbourne aren't going to be satisfied with whatever a club will offer and Clarry stays a demon.

Hard to see how any club has the picks to satisfy the Dees except WC, Hawks, GC and North.

Maybe the Dogs if they can get their hands on the GC pick.

You don't ditch a generational midfielder without a top 5 pick coming back.
We wouldn't have the cap space. Not without losing Lobb this year (possible) and losing one of our next 4 priority signings - English, Naughton, Baz & Marra.

I really don't think we're in the hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Clayton Oliver would be the fastest way of becoming a middling team for the next 5 years.

He’s make us good enough to miss out on elite talent, but not good enough to contend.

If Melbourne want pick 1 for Oliver there will need to be a club willing to give them the picks for Clarry to satisfy West Coast.
Suns give up pick 4 + future first
Melbourne gives up Oliver + 5
West Coast Gives up pick 1

Suns get: Oliver
Melbourne gets: pick 1 and a future first
West Coast get: pick 4 and 5

but maybe a bit contingent on how much Melbourne rate Reid and how bad the off field stuff is.

The only baggage Clarry is carrying is a suitcase full of trophies and a bank account full of money

Unless the kid is smashing HARD drugs then nothing he has done off-field is unsolvable.

Suns give up pick 4 + future first
Melbourne gives up Oliver + 5
West Coast Gives up pick 1

Suns get: Oliver
Melbourne gets: pick 1 and a future first
West Coast get: pick 4 and 5

but maybe a bit contingent on how much Melbourne rate Reid and how bad the off field stuff is.
Has to be a minimum 3 1st rounders and 1 in the top 3 for Eagles to do a trade

3,5 and 14 would be a minimum

I would've thought losing Lobb would be smart trading for your mob this offseason anyway?
It sounds like it probably will happen. No idea who plays second ruck though if it does.

I’ve heard Doggies are right into him. He’s got connections to Laitham Vandermeer and apparently Laith has been talking to him.

Dogs would look to move Lobb on to clear up 500k and I would think Baz to Geelong this season would become likely. Would give them more picks to please the dees, as well as create the cap space for Clarry’s deal.

Dees have a geriatric backline and ruck and their key forward is Tom McDonald. If they trade out Oliver, is the rebuild on?

More I think about it the more likely I think its a discussion with Gold Coast happening.

Hardwick probably thinks he can help Oliver and fix the issues, he probably thinks they have enough assets to get a deal done without losing the core top 10.

In giving up pick 5, trading away future 1st + future 2nd to and trading away Hollands/Chol/Burgess they probably feel they can get it all done

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

Back