Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

will not happen but Dee's could solve a few short comings in one draft

send 13, 25 and future first to GC for 4
send 4, 5 and Oliver to WC for 1 and Oscar Allen

Melb get Oliver replacement in Reid and the key forward
WC would be stupid to trade Allen for Oliver in a straight swap. They need both or it would be a waste of time.

That's why it's a rumor, not a fact/accusation.

An accusation would be: "Oliver is a drug addict that used a dirty needle to tattoo himself while he was on a cocaine bender."

But that's not what I said.
But you've quite clearly misrepresented the rumour. There is certainly the rumour about the home tattoo job, but at no point has 'doing it while high' even been hinted at. Hence the suggestion of exercising caution.

But you've quite clearly misrepresented the rumour. There is certainly the rumour about the home tattoo job, but at no point has 'doing it while high' even been hinted at. Hence the suggestion of exercising caution.

Thats the beauty of rumours isn't it

Not sure why Demons fans are so blind to it. This is a GIF version of whats happening here

a0hsRu.091001f0.gif

More accurate summary of your teams last few seasons id say.

That's why it's a rumor, not a fact/accusation.

An accusation would be: "Oliver is a drug addict that used a dirty needle to tattoo himself while he was on a cocaine bender."

But that's not what I said.

Mate what’s then stopping people adding that clause to any sort of post insinuating crap like this?

“Oh there is a rumour that player x went to Thailand and got arrested for snorting x of Thailands locals in Phuket, but not confirming it, just a rumour guys”

Who in their right mind does a home tattoo job?

Who in their right mind does a home tattoo job?
Eh, if you follow the fairly basic instructions regarding hygiene, it can be a bit of fun.

Realistically I think only Adelaide and Sydney should be contemplating this.

I don't think the other teams have a strong enough culture to withstand Oliver, from everything you hear.

The full story is he tried to tattoo himself and the inflection came about when he then went in to the spa at the club as part of recovery and that’s how it got infected.
Even so, unless it's staph it wouldn't cause mobility issues or cause him to miss football in any capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate what’s then stopping people adding that clause to any sort of post insinuating crap like this?

“Oh there is a rumour that player x went to Thailand and got arrested for snorting x of Thailands locals in Phuket, but not confirming it, just a rumour guys”

That's why the word "Allegedly" gets thrown around. Or "Sources say". Media love that shit.

If we are only going to discuss facts then shut the thread down until the trade happens or the offseason is done and he's back at Melbourne.

Otherwise people will continue to speculate and discuss what they hear as they have done on this site for two decades...

Eh, if you follow the fairly basic instructions regarding hygiene, it can be a bit of fun.
If you have his details, can you please pass this important information to him. Point 3 seems rather pertinent.

This goes one of two ways...

Either they go the whole trade period and no deal gets done and its a wake up call for Oliver to be less of a degenerate like his coach or Melbourne see an immediate positive response from Oliver to them leaking this and the Dees come out quite quickly and deny they are open to offers. No way he gets traded.

Apparently tattooed himself about a month into recovery. Tattoo on foot became infected and hindered his return.
He's not the brightest spark going around. Probably on the spectrum imo

26-year-old who has no post high school education does something stupid. Must be autistic

wow.

This is being over blown.... if he was high on drugs its one thing, if he just did a dumb thing that turned out bad its another.

Realistically how many more seasons does Clayton Oliver have at his peak?
What do you think would be the first part of his game that will decline first?

8 year contracts are an enormous gamble and this could backfire heavily in Melbournes face.

I don’t see too many teams wanting to touch this personally. You may find a desperate club takes a gamble, but clubs are extremely wary of monster contracts.

Even so, unless it's staph it wouldn't cause mobility issues or cause him to miss football in any capacity.

An infection in his blood stream?

That is something that would put him in hospital for 5 days.

His a manger said something about visiting him and having his leg up. Not sure you’d do that for a localised infected blister.

You would do it if the infection had entered his blood stream.

There are clearly off field issues that are pretty bad but I think when you trade for someone this good, you accept the risk. Tis why there’s only big winners or big losers from this trade.

Melbourne won’t get full value because I don’t think you can for someone this good but they’ll get a shitload

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

Back