Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's fair to say Oliver, ANB, JVR, Fritsch, May, Petty, Spargo (who knocked himself out ducking for frees), Kosi (who grabs opposition arms making it look like he's being held) have pretty much everyone covered on the staging front.

If the Hawks & Lions had an illegitimate diving kid, it'd defo be Melbourne.

As for Oliver, his kicking sucks and that doesn't even include the 'effective' bombs which exceed 40 metres and pretty much always ends up a turnover.

He's also a massive cancer, ripping the club apart, but hey he was good for consistent SuperCoach scores, so he must be as great as the media have you believe.

Sounds like danster168 hit a nerve

Clayton is exploring his options and may put in for a trade to Adelaide.
He's ultra unhappy at Melbourne and wants to have a reset.
Melbourne believe he is an impediment to Christian staying, and would be open to him going.
This hasn't been reported anywhere.
His insta posts have been pretty supportive of teammates signing on with Melbourne so I'm inclined to not believe.

His insta posts have been pretty supportive of teammates signing on with Melbourne so I'm inclined to not believe.
I have only heard it the once, but there's alot to play out at Melbourne this trade season. If Trac stays, others will go. A number of players have their fingers on the trigger and getting a back up plan. Adelaide is in his ear.

Melbourne believe he is an impediment to Christian staying, and would be open to him going.
Keep us updated sir

Going on a family holiday with the captain wouldn’t be the type of thing an unhappy player with the club would do you would think

Wow Ok. So Neale-Bullen, Cummins FA, Luko, Oliver. going to be a big trade period.

Wow Ok. So Neale-Bullen, Cummins FA, Luko, Oliver. going to be a big trade period.
No guarantees he asks for a trade, just there's a few players who might not want to be around the club if other personalities stay or go.
If there's some real energy behind it you would think some things will start getting in the media more.
The facts are. Oliver is disgruntled. Crows want him, and are serenading him, but lots of moving parts at the Demons ATM.

Pick 4 and F2 for Oliver and ANB.
F1 and pick 42 for Luko and pick 26.
Cummins as a FA.
Welsh as FS third round pick.
Pick 25 for Alex Dodson
Collingwood F2 for Keane.

Last edited:
My guess and yes it’s only a guess off what had been said and what I’ve observed. Clarry is pretty settled in Melbourne. And apparently has worked on himself in conjunction with the club. And both are happy with where he sits now. Seems like he’s also besties with the Gawn family.
There is also a world where he would be traded and I’m sure we’ll have to stump up for form salary to make it work. Could see Rachelle move on from crows also so maybe he could be involved.
If Clarry knuckles down he’ll be back to being a very good player.

No guarantees he asks for a trade, just there's a few players who might not want to be around the club if other personalities stay or go.
If there's some real energy behind it you would think some things will start getting in the media more.
The facts are. Oliver is disgruntled. Crows want him, and are serenading him, but lots of moving parts at the Demons ATM.

Pick 4 and F2 for Oliver and ANB.
F1 and pick 42 for Luko and pick 26.
Cummins as a FA.
Welsh as FS third round pick.
Pick 25 for Alex Dodson
Collingwood F2 for Keane.
Is this the same source that said Redman would be a crow?

Is this the same source that said Redman would be a crow?
Nah. The guy that said about Redman was the same guy who told me that Francis was going to ask for a trade years ago, which I said here, and a few hours later he did just that, but Essendon refused to trade him back to SA.
The issue in alot of this is that players play one club off against another, so team A thinks they are getting player B, when in reality he never was going.
4D chess.

It's pretty well known that Oliver is disgruntled, and it's pretty well known he and Trac don't like each other. There's alot of politics getting played at Melbourne, and the club is trying to keep everyone happy. Some players may be taking advantage of that situation to push their agenda.
Adelaide are into him, talking to him, know he isn't happy, but there's alot to play out.

Last edited:
Nah. The guy that said about Redman was the same guy who told me that Francis was going to ask for a trade years ago, which I said here, and a few hours later he did just that, but Essendon refused to trade him back to SA.
The issue in alot of this is that players play one club off against another, so team A thinks they are getting player B, when in reality he never was going.
4D chess.

It's pretty well known that Oliver is disgruntled, and it's pretty well known he and Trac don't like each other. There's alot of politics getting played at Melbourne, and the club is trying to keep everyone happy. Some players may be taking advantage of that situation to push their agenda.
Adelaide are into him, talking to him, know he isn't happy, but there's alot to play out.
On that topic, it's probably nothing but some Geelong and non-Geelong ITKs have said we're talking to Oliver too but it looks like we're just being sounded out as an option rather than any genuine strategy. Neither side really chasing it too hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that topic, it's probably nothing but some Geelong and non-Geelong ITKs have said we're talking to Oliver too but it looks like we're just being sounded out as an option rather than any genuine strategy. Neither side really chasing it too hard.
Oppo teams think he is Gettable at the moment with what's going on at Melbourne, and he is taking other teams calls, hence why Adelaide are talking to him, and as you say Geelong as well. It's a watch this space, and depending on what happens with Trac, this could grow some legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back