Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though opposition send taggers to him in probably 12 games this season....

There will always be trade value when a guy has been the best mid in the game only a couple of seasons ago.
I admit I only watched may a 7 or 8 Melbourne games this year but I did not once for one second see anyone actually bother defending him. He just jogged around mostly.

Even though opposition send taggers to him in probably 12 games this season....

There will always be trade value when a guy has been the best mid in the game only a couple of seasons ago.
It is the contact, the baggage and the down form which means you won’t get anything back for him without doing a Collingwood and paying a massive chunk of his salary. Best bet is to keep and hope he recaptures his form.

He wasn’t tagged once this past season either.

It is the contact, the baggage and the down form which means you won’t get anything back for him without doing a Collingwood and paying a massive chunk of his salary. Best bet is to keep and hope he recaptures his form.

Adelaide is the club that has put the most into chasing him, and would take him on.
For Oliver the decision would be if he wanted to leave Victoria, which obviously is a big move. I think if it was a big Victorian club that was pushing like Adelaide has, he would be gone.

Will be interesting to see how they try to mend the waters with Oliver and Trac. I see they have already put it out there via Tom Morris that their relationship is still OK, and not really bad. He's saying that Tracs issue wasn't with Oliver, but the way the club let him get away with it. I'm not sure Oliver is happy for Trac to use his behaviour as an example of what's wrong with the club.

Adelaide is the club that has put the most into chasing him, and would take him on.
For Oliver the decision would be if he wanted to leave Victoria, which obviously is a big move. I think if it was a big Victorian club that was pushing like Adelaide has, he would be gone.

Will be interesting to see how they try to mend the waters with Oliver and Trac. I see they have already put it out there via Tom Morris that their relationship is still OK, and not really bad. He's saying that Tracs issue wasn't with Oliver, but the way the club let him get away with it. I'm not sure Oliver is happy for Trac to use his behaviour as an example of what's wrong with the club.
Adelaide would be into him as a distressed asset, they aren't giving up any high picks though.

huh? he was tagged many times this year. no idea what you're on about but at least get your facts right. Even Goodwin said in his press conferences that he must be doing something right to warrant the tag most weeks.

not gonna continue this chat if you can't get basic facts right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having actively avoided watching too many North games this year I can't speak to that specific game, but from what I saw I can only imagine Goodwin is making an attempt to minimise poor performances in the media and gibe fans a defensive talking point to cling to.

Again, I only watched half a dozen or so Melbourne games but outside normal defensive positioning at stoppages I didn't see much attention given to Clarry, and with how little damage he was inflicting I didn't see any reason to tag him in the first place.

I can only imagine Goodwin is making an attempt to minimise poor performances in the media and gibe fans a defensive talking point to cling to.
Oh yeah, I'm sure Goody's real concerned about that.

He got tagged in more.than a few games this year, that's a fact. That you didn't watch them or don't think he deserved to be tagged is irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back