Rumour Clayton Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever considered the notion that the game owes itself to take care of Clarry and see he recovers from his current malaise rather than the other way around ?

Why does the game owe it to him? They don’t owe him anything.

No different to any other place of employment. If you have behavioural issues outside of the work place it’s not on your work place to take care of that person. If they can’t perform their role to the required level then they had better sort themselves out or find another career.

Clubs shouldn’t be expected to hand hold them like toddlers if they can’t get it together. They make decisions and have to live by them and the consequences of them as we all do.

I recall same sanctimonious puritans writing Tarryn Thomas 18 months or so ago.

It really is pathetic to me how so many so called 'football' fans are so keen to try write off and destroy a young player's career and life out of some kind of sick glee at a person's downfall

People who have cerebral impairments and or suffering from addiction and other MH related issues do not often function on the same intellectual level as so called puritans like yourself

Have you ever considered the notion that the game owes itself to take care of Clarry and see he recovers from his current malaise rather than the other way around ?
Taryn Thomas is an abusive knob and I'll never respect him.

Yeah, feel sorry for the dickhead on millions of dollars with all the talent and footballing ability in the world, but is too much of a dickhead to pull his head in and stop jeopardizing it.

There are a lot of people in the world to feel sorry for. This idiot is not one of them.
Well, money isn’t everything, so why not? Serious question because I want to know other perspectives on this.

To me, I see someone who’s not coping with his situation right now rather than someone “throwing” it away. There are others that straight up threw their career away, but Clayton has already made a lot of it. I don’t know where the current dive is coming from tbh. Feels very sudden.

I find it hilarious and childish that anytime someone posts something you disagree with you look at the team they support and say "yeah well whataboutthis"

Anyone who endangers innocent people deserves criticism, this isn't a team you support issue.

This pile on about Clayton Oliver has been going on for a long while before his latest publicised off field controversy.

This is a once off incident from Clarry (the driving/seizure) charge. If he was a multiple offender (from that specific charge) I would agree with you

The issue going fowards for us as a footy community is how we/the AFL community can try help Clayton get back on track on his life and footy career, instead of this pathetic and imo vindictive Salem Witch Trial about his conduct.

I personally think him breaking/snapiping several windscreen wipers from.cars whilst intoxicated is absolutely hilarious and by no means should be used as a black mark against Clarry.

Those snobs who drive said cars could easily afford it anyway.

Seriously lighten up Australia..

Sheesh

This pile on about Clayton Oliver has been going on for a long while before his latest publicised off field controversy.

This is a once off incident from Clarry (the driving/seizure) charge. If he was a multiple offender (from that specific charge) I would agree with you

The issue going fowards for us as a footy community is how we/the AFL community can try help Clayton get back on track on his life and footy career, instead of this pathetic and imo vindictive Salem Witch Trial about his conduct.

I personally think him breaking/snapiping several windscreen wipers from.cars whilst intoxicated is absolutely hilarious and by no means should be used as a black mark against Clarry.

Sheesh

Why do "we" need to help Clayton get back on track? He's just a football player. He has more support and opportunity than 99.9999% of people in the community.

If you want I can come over to your car and snap the windscreen wipers off and we can laugh about how hilarious it is. Ill throw in a free removal of the side mirrors for extra comedy genius

drThis pile on about Clayton Oliver has been going on for a long while before his latest publicised off field controversy.

Sheesh

Bit of a contradiction, isn't it? Let's put our arms around poor old Clayton, because even though he's a millionaire with every opportunity, it's not fair to hold him accountable for his actions. He's just a troubled young bloke going through a hard time.

Meanwhile, **** those snobs who drive cars and had their cars vandalised. They've got the money to pay for it anyway.

Why do we need to support the boof head millionaire when he's vandalising property and driving without a licence, but say **** you to the victims of his petty crimes? Why is he such a special snowflake?

Why do "we" need to help Clayton get back on track? He's just a football player. He has more support and opportunity than 99.9999% of people in the community.

If you want I can come over to your car and snap the windscreen wipers off and we can laugh about how hilarious it is. Ill throw in a free removal of the side mirrors for extra comedy genius
Yet you defended Jordan to the hilt

You're a snob for driving a car, mate. Take the bus like good ol' mate Ollie. Not like he jumped behind the wheel when he had no licence.

I certainly would

In my teens/very early 20s, me and my cousins and mates would go around stealing luxury car badges as a competition and boasting value.

Lighten up Boomer for the love of christ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a contradiction, isn't it? Let's put our arms around poor old Clayton, because even though he's a millionaire with every opportunity, it's not fair to hold him accountable for his actions. He's just a troubled young bloke going through a hard time.

Meanwhile, * those snobs who drive cars and had their cars vandalised. They've got the money to pay for it anyway.

Why do we need to support the boof head millionaire when he's vandalising property and driving without a licence, but say * you to the victims of his petty crimes? Why is he such a special snowflake?

It's only insurance companies that charge excessive fees for such premiums for car insurance anyway, so no one is truly hurt or upset by such petty vandalism, except those high roller car owners and or especially insurance companies who can easily afford the losses anyway :)

Anyone else heard that Clarry may like to stick things in places certain things don't belong?
STOP THE PRESSES.
He likes pineapple on pizza?!?!

I certainly would

In my teens/very early 20s, me and my cousins and mates would go around stealing luxury car badges as a competition and boasting value.

Lighten up Boomer for the love of christ

This is such a weird thing to do, let alone finding humour in doing it. Even more flabbergasting to brag about doing it.

Just like Oliver snapping off windshield wipers. Very strange behaviour.

I don’t think there’s a black and white in this sort of situation, he’s clearly an idiot, but he’s clearly a troubled one too and he needs a bit of help.

This isn’t ’grow up and sort your shit out’ sort of stuff that a parent just yells at their kid when they come home after they screw up. He’s got a great career in his lap that one little bit at a time he’s pissing away, and that shows a deeper problem than just him being ‘young and stupid.’

So yeah while he needs to pull his head in, and yes it’s just ‘boys being boys’ type behaviour in some respects there’s probably a bit more going on there and maybe something needs to be done or Melbourne runs the risk of him turning into the next Ben Cousins

The club has said multiple times he has support around him. And he would have access to any services he needs.

What more is the club or anyone else meant to do?

He's a very wealthy 26 year old man who either accepts the help, or he doesn't.

Not disputing any of that. Perhaps that support needs to extend to a threat, though - which understandably could be perceived as ‘not supporting him at all.’ But yes some sort of ‘we are going to sit you out for x-amount of time while you get help, we’ll provide absolutely everything you need and we will suspend you (give it a less disciplinary sounding name) if you prove you’re good to go, you’re back on the field, if you don’t, we can’t keep you at the club.’

This is such a weird thing to do, let alone finding humour in doing it. Even more flabbergasting to brag about doing it.

Just like Oliver snapping off windshield wipers. Very strange behaviour.

So pushing shopping trolley's onto public roadways or urinating on public drinking fountains after bad sporting losses in my late teens/early 20s isn't okay?

Boy is my face red..

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Clayton Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back