Club protest at training

Would you go to a organised protest at training

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly. from what im hearing, the top few could be any kid in the top 20.

i guess if it goes pear shaped, people can always come back to this thread in 5 years and say "SEE???"

Precisely.

The top 5-10 are all quite close on talent - it's just what your club's needs are.

WCE clearly think they'll get the player they want with P12 (15ish).

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water....

OP:
Game Of Thrones Shrug GIF

success-famished oppo:
Season 1 Reaction GIF by The Rook

I admire your commitment OP, but in a world where you could protest domestic violence, global warming, racism and Grant Denyer hosting television shows it just seems like there's better causes that require time and support.

This is legit. You can either come or not. Im going to put a date on this first post when a clear date can be decided but quite simply, at one of our first training sessions im literally going to the training session to protest. Whether I am there by myself so be it but enough is enough quite frankly

Us fans have sat on our hands too long and they have made fools of us for too many years. Its clear they dont give a crap what we think because they can keep us at a distance via social media and orchestrated fake press conferences they control and hide at.

So question is

Do you have the passion to protest or will we continue to be keyboard warriors who let our club collapse into a heap?
Pretty floggish mate...

Get a grip

The best way to make a statement is to hit the club where it hurts.

Thats money.

the best form of protest would be to get as many people to cancel their 2025 memberships.

imagine 20,000 people mass cancelling their membership.

can only dream.
Exactly. Unless we land Tobie (due to pure luck) I won't renew my membership. I will encourage my brother and sister-in-law also to forgo their membership renewals.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I admire your commitment OP, but in a world where you could protest domestic violence, global warming, racism and Grant Denyer hosting television shows it just seems like there's better causes that require time and support.
I do protest domestic violence pretty heavily truth be told.

Im pretty close to getting a government inquiry launched on the subject relating to Family Court. Put like a hundred or so hours in gathering evidence and information to put to towards the inquiry.

Some of the information ive found and putting forward is pretty atrocious too... Its just a joke how little the courts do about it

I do protest domestic violence pretty heavily truth be told.

Im pretty close to getting a government inquiry launched on the subject relating to Family Court. Put like a hundred or so hours in gathering evidence and information to put to towards the inquiry.

Some of the information ive found and putting forward is pretty atrocious too... Its just a joke how little the courts do about it

I was being sincere, great that you want to put yourself out there but I wouldn't bother with that kind of action with the club, they just wouldn't give a shit, they only care about their pockets - and it sounds like you've got better use for your time. 🙂

I was being sincere, great that you want to put yourself out there but I wouldn't bother with that kind of action with the club, they just wouldn't give a shit, they only care about their pockets - and it sounds like you've got better use for your time. 🙂
I get on warpaths. My 100+ hour setup was created by a particular Family court appointed lawywer telling a relative of mine who spent 5+ years in a domestic violence relationship that she needs to get past it and move on in relation to the childrens custody...

While im not spending 100 hours on this, you gotta spend some time on it. In the end this club is rorting tens of millions of dollars from people without a care in the world for the fans. If you raise ticket prices by 5% in a financial crisis while sitting on hundreds of millions in unused assets, then you simply dont care.... We gotta do something to make them as opposed to the cowardice that exists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing has happened yet.
Also protesting at a training session? What are you going to do? Heckle the players? Hold up a sign saying "Sack Pyke?" Maybe cancel your membership?

Be real.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
As soon as the news came through I messaged the club to cancel mine for next year. I can always get better seats for any match anyway as so many don't go.

I refuse to give them my money so they can piss it away. We seem to have no long-term strategy and brought in people looking for quick fixes. This is before we consider there was no need for them to jack up the prices like they did.

On Pixel 9 Pro XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

What silliness this is.

The melts will settle when fans realise they have 2 solid players and a 1st round draftee instead of one 1st round draftee.

With no clear #1 or even top 10 for that matter it was probably the most reasonable year to do such a trade in recent memory.
Why do we need solid 27/28 year olds? You think we're going to be in the GF within 3 years? They'll be gone by the time we're up the top and trades like this will just make it even longer for us to get there. It's short-sighted and weak.

Something of substance as opposed to the zero you are suggesting

Also my banner would read

WCE = Weak Club Eagles
Don't encourage him.

Next thing you know he'll move to a cabin in the woods and start typing up a manifesto.

Something along the lines of "The 2024 Trade period and its consequences have been a disaster to the human race."

As soon as the news came through I messaged the club to cancel mine for next year. I can always get better seats for any match anyway as so many don't go.

I refuse to give them my money so they can piss it away. We seem to have no long-term strategy and brought in people looking for quick fixes. This is before we consider there was no need for them to jack up the prices like they did.

This is pretty much the only thing that would make the club give a shit. A mass FU on membership renewals. There would be a huge number of ITW members who would prefer to stay on the list than be seated at present due to cost of living pressure especially given we have been trash and forecast to be trash for the short-medium term minimum.

Why do we need solid 27/28 year olds? You think we're going to be in the GF within 3 years? They'll be gone by the time we're up the top and trades like this will just make it even longer for us to get there. It's short-sighted and weak.

He's 27 at the start of 2025.

His experience and leadership will help foster the sort of culture and development you will need to be successful.

No premiership side is built from the draft alone - the kids need good players to help them in the early years.

What are we meant to be protesting exactly? The original post gives me no information on what the alleged issue is or what our desired actions are.

The best way to make a statement is to hit the club where it hurts.

Thats money.

the best form of protest would be to get as many people to cancel their 2025 memberships.

imagine 20,000 people mass cancelling their membership.

can only dream.

Says the ITW's member!

But joking aside, people forget 2009/2010 era where attendance dropped off (under 27,000 one game in 2010).

I had 5 tickets and used to spend half the week trying to drum up mates to come after the wife and kids refused to come anymore.

Can only image what Optus is going to look like mid year coming off a Derby flogging and the only hope is turning up to see the shiny (old and used) new toys we have pinned the next 5 years on in Baker, Owies and Graham!

Remove this Banner Ad

Club protest at training

Back