• Lade

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not just our talent identification that’s the issue, but also our lack of player development. I can’t remember the last time we had a late draft pick be developed by our club into a decent player. We seem to do the complete opposite of what we should be doing with players - for example, we take a guy like Brayden Ainsworth who was an inside ball winning player at junior level and we put him on a wing. He has the worst kicking skills in the competition. Why would you put him on the outside where you need good skills when he doesn’t have good foot skills? It makes no sense.
Hough
Johnstone looks ok
Maric looks ok
Watermam

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Can you name one positive culture trait Luke
Shuey had at the club during his leadership??
His captaincy period was in line with the worst period in our clubs history so the culture he brought as a leader can get in the bin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Shuey oversaw a drop in standards across the board. Clearly glass and hurn were actually installing minimum standards.

Patience. Time will tell. Early days yet. Better to put your energy into slagging our 60+ game mediocre list cloggers.
30 game mediocre players soon become 60 game mediocre players. Ginbey is just an example of a wider issue, he isn't the problem.
Look at the number of players with well under 30 games that stood up very well under real pressure over the 4 finals. We have one likely one - one since Judd.

I honestly think the club would love to employ Schofield. (Unless a Chris Scott type is gettable)
But I reckon they are worried that if they do the fans and members might be worried its just one of Simpsons men and they can't get passed that problem with Schofield.

I have no doubt if Schofield was at another club her would be a lock for the job.
I can remember being thrilled when Schofield came onboard as assistant coach thinking at the time would like to see him take over from Simmo one day - as I was impressed with him both as a player (being a tough nut and all) and then his coaching at Subiaco - as to me he’s always come across as a no nonsense type with no favourites.

30 game mediocre players soon become 60 game mediocre players. Ginbey is just an example of a wider issue, he isn't the problem.
Look at the number of players with well under 30 games that stood up very well under real pressure over the 4 finals. We have one likely one - one since Judd.
Petch has played more than 30 I think

Hough
Johnstone looks ok
Maric looks ok
Watermam

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
That’s the thing though too many of us get a bit impatient with young players not coming on as how many years has it taken for Waterman to show his worth. Occasionally you get players who shine almost immediately and then there’s others which take time. Can remember thinking Glass wasn’t much chop in his early days but then was made to eat my words as when he came on he came on very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the thing though too many of us get a bit impatient with young players not coming on as how many years has it taken for Waterman to show his worth. Occasionally you get players who shine almost immediately and then there’s others which take time. Can remember thinking Glass wasn’t much chop in his early days but then was made to eat my words as when he came on he came on very quickly.
World sport is now riddled with young high performing athletes. Possibly the strong focus on early talent ID and professional development short circuits the traditional kids into men journey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back