Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Always had mixed feelings about Knights - didn't do too well at Essendon but did well at the Cats reserves. Wonder if it's the Eagles doing a clean-out or his choice.

Probably just getting ahead of the game and letting them know beforehand he's going back home. New coach most likely means a whole new crop of assistants...though I'd keep Shuey on board.

Was always going to happen IMO, normally a new head coach would bring his own assistants with him.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's not the last coach change this year either.

Good, i'm here for it. Burn it all down. Jacob Brennan, Luke Shuey, Gavin Bell, Steve Trewhella.

season 8 hank scorpio GIF

Probably just getting ahead of the game and letting them know beforehand he's going back home. New coach most likely means a whole new crop of assistants...though I'd keep Shuey on board.
Totally agree, keep Shuey. Webster and all the other so called development coaches should follow knights out the door.

Don’t think as from my understanding he told the club sometime ago that he would be returning to Victoria for family reasons - as again from my understanding he flies in and out from Victoria as his wife and family still live over there.
Good riddance, obviously hid mind was elsewhere. He should not have been allowed to be a F.I.F.O.
If true who would have been responsible for that decision and how long has that been going on ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s either the start or end of August assistant coaches need to be told if they have a gig or not per the afl

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Schoey needs to go too. It’d be good for his development as a coach as much as the team.

There’s risk of being too one-dimensional going from a club player to a coach at the same club.

Go elsewhere, learn within different environments, get different perspectives and come back to Perth later with a head full of experience… if desired.

From what I hear the 3 things that the Hawks practice the most at training is handling groundballs at top speed
and how to tackle and also break tackles.
Does anyone know what the eagles practice the most.
Perhaps we should make Mitchell a monster offer, blow the salary cap and pay the fines.
Kick 2 kick is what I've seen

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good. I had high hopes of him and Schoey and both have been in charge of the midfield as well as stoppage/structures and even with the lack of cattle on the park, both areas have been absolute shite. I like that that schoey is a tough customer but I don’t rate him that highly.

From what I hear the 3 things that the Hawks practice the most at training is handling groundballs at top speed
and how to tackle and also break tackles.
Does anyone know what the eagles practice the most.
Perhaps we should make Mitchell a monster offer, blow the salary cap and pay the fines.
"Does anyone know what the eagles practice the most."

Sure do.

Bending down, Sucking, Swallowing and Hawk Tuahing.

Have to say from watching recent training sessions, seem to be a much greater emphasis on coming in low to the ball.

There also seems to be more of a training match sim where our half fwd flankers sit higher and suck up the oppo half backers, maybe to give Allen more room.

They sure as hell love swallowing the Gatorade before, during and after training so maybe that counts.

And as anyone watching can attest, there is a hell of a lot of spitting that goes on by players and they can certainly Hawk Tuah with the best of them now.

Maybe the cushy jobs for the boys is over....hopefully

Pyke seems to be going through everything with a fine tooth comb.

Can feel things changing already. All good.

Schoey needs to go too. It’d be good for his development as a coach as much as the team.

There’s risk of being too one-dimensional going from a club player to a coach at the same club.

Go elsewhere, learn within different environments, get different perspectives and come back to Perth later with a head full of experience… if desired.

He has played for 3 clubs and was assistant at Port before he came to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back