Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Sack the new coach. Winless in 2025, absolutely none. I can't believe no one is calling for them to get the boot too yet
season 5 GIF

Why do people keep mentioning Josh Carr as an option? He has an agreement with Port to start taking over from Hinkley from next year and to take over in his own right in 2026.

He’s expressly denied there’s any such agreement. More than once.

Hate to say it but next coach is a Paul roos. Sacked within three years if we continue on the trajectory as expected that's bottom 3 for the next 3 years.

I'd push for a sacking if we finish bottom 4 next two years to be frank

So you accept our trajectory has us finishing towards the bottom for a few years yet, but you’d push to sack the coach if we finish towards the bottom for a couple of years?

Do you see the problem there?

Why do people keep mentioning Josh Carr as an option? He has an agreement with Port to start taking over from Hinkley from next year and to take over in his own right in 2026. And that timeline is likely to be accelerated and Hinkley better than a 50% chance of getting sacked at the end of this year. And Port would be a more attractive club to take over as coach than us. Carr is not an option.
This has never been formalised and Carr at best skirted the question when put to him after we Port fans booed Ken off Adelaide Oval a couple weeks ago.

If someone like you guys wanted him, I believe he is gettable.

Not a fan of Jaymie Graham.

People seem to talk him up, but I wonder whether that's just because he's been around the traps for long enough.

He hasn't really impressed whenever he's done media work. But that may be me judging him too harshly on his laconic drawl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash Hansen is controlling our gameday coaching and seems to be doing a solid job.

Whoever takes the role has to accept a number of years of rebuilding, so do the fans.
I wanted him to coach the Bulldogs this year.
Has coached his own team to a VFL premiership and had a very good reputation.

Ash Hansen is controlling our gameday coaching and seems to be doing a solid job.

Whoever takes the role has to accept a number of years of rebuilding, so do the fans.
The fans do not have to accept this, and they will not accept this. Finals next year, top 4 minimum, and if we dont achieve this, the coach is a spud.

Replace coach, repeat. One day when the music stops, and we rise up the ladder, the coach that has the seat will be a demigod coaching genius, and will get the gig for the next decade.

I hate to bring it up.

Pending successful interm but Jarrod Schofield has by far the best CV of the lot. He's a winner and everywhere he goes ends up being winners as well

3x wafl flag winner
1x Afl Flag winner (at a loser club port)
3x wafl flag winner as coach
Remarkable assistant coach record at other clubs.

If we want the best CV then it's Schofield by far. This new voice crap is akin to let's pick favourite son.

In saying that it does make sense to get a new voice but CV speaks for itself
Player unrest won't be just with the senior coach. I suspect an entire coaching panel will be freshened up.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

As long as the new coach gets rid of the deadwood in the senior players such as Sheed , gaff, darling, Rotham etc, develops the kids in the wafl and plays them in the AFL when they play well in the lower grade, then that’s what we should be looking to do.
We obviously need to start bringing in some better talent as well, but we need to properly evaluate what we’ve got by giving them games in the AFL in their correct positions.

I don't think the next coach up matters to be perfectly honest because they'll be the next to get sacked. Not because they'll be horrible or anything, but our list is so absolutely atrocious that I agree with what Hamish Brayshaw said on the Back Chat show with Schofield a couple days ago, it's gonna take like 4/5 years for this list to even be competitive again, so good f*cking luck.

Could be the Ken Judge poison chalice situation all over again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back