Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

For sure, I trust Pyke will ensure a strong set of criteria is applied and due diligence is thorough.
Exactly, and the media talk about Cox inot wanting the gig is rubbish, they wouldn't know.

If they do know and he had talked to them.we wouldn't want him anyway. Its rubbish

Remember that 2012 season where Scooter looked like he was blossoming into one of the greats?

Alas. Another player ruined by injury.
Would be poetic if he gets the gig tho as he was so highly regarded in terms of leadership that he was ear marked as capable from such a young age. His injury issues all surfaced a months before Glass stepped down too.

Well, for a start the media are unlikely to have the phone numbers of his family or friends, nor would they feel they had a license or permission to randomly call his family or friends to gossip about him if they somehow got hold of their numbers, nor would his family or friends likely think they have permission to speak to the media on his behalf if the media did call them. Nor would the media feel confident to put their name on a story saying Cox doesn't want the job based on off the record comments from somebody in the family and friends group alone.

But the media would have his number, would feel they had license to text or call him, will have been texting and calling him and he is obviously a grown man so he can speak to them for himself.

So all in all i think it is far more likely that Cox has told the media that himself rather than it having come from family and friends.

But it's OK because Josh Carr is going to be applying for the job any minute now according to you so let us know when that happens. Or when you have accepted that it is not going to happen and you are wrong. Again.
Mate, stop. This isn't remotely how it works.

If they call him, he directs them to his agent.

And yes, journalists report from off the record all the time. That's the point of off the record: conveying a story without attribution.

Please just stop. You're making all of us dumber.

Certainly not raining on the Schofield parade.

Just wondering how many caretakers got the big gig and succeeded. Without trawling through all sorts of websites my memory keeps coming up with a not so great track record for caretakers being promoted and succeeding.

Leigh Matthews took over Collingwood after 3 rounds of the season. Took them to a historic flag a few years later.

As romantic as Cox coming across would be, I think heā€™d have a lot more pressure than anyone else to perform well at WCE. To me it Seems the media and broader fans are seeing him as the messiah.

Maybe he will or maybe he wonā€™t, I just want the club to run a full process and pick the best person for the job.

If we find an outstanding candidate then we should definitely sign them up. But, I'm all for seeing how Schofield goes this year.

If his results are good enough; the team shows significant improvement; the selection needle shifts enough to encourage the young guys to trust that they will be rewarded, then I'm happy to forgo an unknown external coach on a 3 or 4 year contract (even if they interview better than Schofield) and just sign up Schofield for another 12 months. No need to lock ourselves into a longer term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox might want the Sydney job but as far as I know that job isn't available.
One can only hope Sydney go down the "succession " route, that always works so well.
Worked with Roos but he was parachuted in from outside to mentor a young coach.
Clarko and Malthouse however had major dummy spits and Longmire is every bit as prickly as those two.
Bring it on.

If we find an outstanding candidate then we should definitely sign them up. But, I'm all for seeing how Schofield goes this year.

If his results are good enough; the team shows significant improvement; the selection needle shifts enough to encourage the young guys to trust that they will be rewarded, then I'm happy to forgo an unknown external coach on a 3 or 4 year contract (even if they interview better than Schofield) and just sign up Schofield for another 12 months. No need to lock ourselves into a longer term.
The next few weeks when we play The Saints & Norf will show if there has been any improvement by changing coaches.
If we had beaten those 2 teams at home plus a away match Simmo would still be the coach.

Can't see a senior coach prepared to sign a one year deal.

Adam who?
Looks like everyone has managed to move on very quickly. 1 week of emotion, now letā€™s get on with business.
Iā€™m very happy we got the DON, I really like the way he operates, makes things happen.
Brought back the banner, coach gone, young players being given opportunity. Working very hard behind the scenes in WCā€™s best interests.
The search for the new coach will be professional and thorough, with many good options to choose from, this will no doubt be a very good period for the club ahead.
Iā€™m very excited for the rest of the year and the years to come, as we build towards premiership no.5.

Whoever comes in will want 3 years minimum. You be mad to take a 1 or 2 year deal. Better to stay in assistant land and let someone else take the fall on that kind of deal.

3 years seems a realistic compromise. I can't see Schofield shooting his senior coach shot on a 1 year deal, it would be madness.

Whoever comes in will want 3 years minimum. You be mad to take a 1 or 2 year deal. Better to stay in assistant land and let someone else take the fall on that kind of deal.

3 years seems a realistic compromise. I can't see Schofield shooting his senior coach shot on a 1 year deal, it would be madness.
If a new coach comes in there's a fair chance all the assistants will be looking for a new job... I think he'd back himself in if given the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back