Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not entirely fussed about Cox not being coach. I can't even really tell you why. The real tragedy is the years of Big Cox puns I had already lined up:

• Big Cox and the boys really stood up today
  • Cox was flopping about tactically in the last quarter
  • Cox needs to stop accepting softness
  • A lot of penetration from Big Cox's setup there
  • How does the Cox gameplan get us first access to the ball?
  • Big Cox and his men really firming for action in September
  • Premature celebration from Big Cox in the box
  • It's impressive how much stamina Big Cox has put into the list
  • Big Cox put to the sword
  • I'd love to see more focus on ball movement from Big Cox
and so forth. Tragic.

I'm not entirely fussed about Cox not being coach. I can't even really tell you why. The real tragedy is the years of Big Cox puns I had already lined up:

and so forth. Tragic.

I'll never get over yelling in front of my parents "BIG COX STRAIGHT DOWN COUSINS' THROAT" after a particularly impressive ruck tap and goal. Sigh.

He's a great coach, no argument here

Not sure the last "recycled" coach that worked out too well though

A new young coach to grow with a young group is the way to go imo. Theres also an argument that someone with no affiliation to the club might be better too (though I don't think it's a huge negative of they're a former player)

Yeah I’ve always thought that , has a recycled coach ever won a premiership? And also has a caretaker coach that’s gone onto be the full time coach ever won a premiership ? I don’t think any in the afl era anyway

and so forth. Tragic.
Jakeb Waddell in shambles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the things i prefer about Schofield's CV is that he has coached a team outright and coached it to success (i.e. Subiaco). I would rather somebody who has been the man and had to make the calls (and gotten them right) as opposed to somebody who has been an assistant to somebody else for all their coaching career (even if at a higher level) but never had to make any of the calls and just been somebody executing decisions made by somebody else.

One of the things i prefer about Schofield's CV is that he has coached a team outright and coached it to success (i.e. Subiaco). I would rather somebody who has been the man and had to make the calls (and gotten them right) as opposed to somebody who has been an assistant to somebody else for all their coaching career (even if at a higher level) but never had to make any of the calls and just been somebody executing decisions made by somebody else.

Worked for Woosha and Simmo.

Worked for Woosha and Simmo.
I am not saying you can't succeed without it. But if i was on the panel picking a coach i would value it fairy highly in terms of pro's and cons if some candidates had it on their CV.

And i would not be overly swayed by whether the last club they were at as an assistant won a flag or not when they were there. I think that that is an over rated attribute. Winning a flag is a result of a whole bunch of people in a bunch of departments (coaching, drafting, fitness, high performance etc) doing a good job over a period of time plus a pinch of luck (and in their Swans case a boatload of academy free kicks). Seeing a sucessfull machine in operation doesn't mean you have some inside secrets about how to replicate that machine at a new club.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it going to Hansen.

It’s hard enough reading supposed supporter nuffies on FB who can’t get ‘Pyke’ right…

‘don pike is a discrace!’

I’m not sure they’ll ever get their heads around ‘Hanson’.
Explain Facebook Live GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back