Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad Cox is out of the running. No particular reason other than I don't like looking at that puffy face and ridiculous beard thing.

Schofield subbing out Chesser today after not actually giving him time in the centre is a black mark for me but certainly we should be looking more at his response than todays performance, he's been in the job barely two weeks. Can't see the eagles ever making a bloke with a full sleeve tattoo the main man though but glad he's getting some games in the chair before probably finding a new home next year.

I've never rated Buckley as a coach and am convinced he's been cursed to never taste premiership success [bar that one time as an assistant] but I kinda think he's the perfect fit to just come in and just bring a completely different vibe. Three years then pass the baton I'd be happy with that.

New coach wise I like Scooter Selwood, which again is an option I'd of never thought of but just for whatever reason I think he's the right vibe so far as the untested candidates go.

I am not to worried about Schofield in regards to his audition. This is still Simmos group that he has to somehow try and get to do things they have not done for 5 years.
We have so many players on our list that should not under any circumstance be on our list next year.

Tough for Schofield given what SImmo has left behind for him but hopefully he can grab a win before seasons end. Just needs to keep playing the youngsters to help with the rebuild.

I think Scotty Selwood who I mentioned about 20 posts ago would be a great choice, working with Craig McRae currently.

The list is a coach killing list. Our next coach honestly should be a veteran coach who knows he'll be at the club for years so he can build the list from scratch around Reid and Hough. Almost a Paul Roos/Goodwin type situation. A new coach is gonna get eaten alive.

Chesser being subbed out instead of Cripps should be terminal for Schofield. Can we please just have a coach who has an IQ over 85

Give me a break, Chesser had 9 disposals. Has played a lot this year and show little. Yes Cripps and others may of been worse today but it’s nit always the worst who comes off.
Yes it was strange to be subbed for Rotham but yiu still have to come back to Chesser is struggling at this level. Got lots of mates yes but I didn’t find it a big deal who was subbed for Rotham. Any number if them could have been.

The list is a coach killing list. Our next coach honestly should be a veteran coach who knows he'll be at the club for years so he can build the list from scratch around Reid and Hough. Almost a Paul Roos/Goodwin type situation. A new coach is gonna get eaten alive.

Some huge decisions need to be made on the list.
Luke Edwards, Petch, Rotham, Cripps, Sheed, Darling, Cole, jones, Brockman, Gaff, and there is more than this. They have to go.
The list needs to be gutted and whoever the hew coach is needs to rebuild it and let them have their own team.
I really like Schofield and I really hope one day he gets a head job but I want a Buckley or a Chris Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield subbing out Chesser today after not actually giving him time in the centre is a black mark for me but certainly we should be looking more at his response than todays performance, he's been in the job barely two weeks. Can't see the eagles ever making a bloke with a full sleeve tattoo the main man though but glad he's getting some games in the chair before probably finding a new home next year.
Agree that that is where he needs to eventually prove himself, so needs to play there to get that.
It should have been Cripps subbed though.

However, on the positive side of the play in position ledger...
Harry Edwards down back,
Jack Williams up forward,
Trew in the middle
Maric and Culley on the field
No Gaff, Sheed or Darling

I can only take Cox admission he is happy in Sydney one way.

He doesn't see enough green shoots and doesn't want to deal with the hard slog and the pressure to come with it. He would be grey like simmo after one season.

Favourite son, 100k members and basically the state hounding you. This job is not for the fainted hearted, it is the biggest club in the land.

I can only take Cox admission he is happy in Sydney one way.

He doesn't see enough green shoots and doesn't want to deal with the hard slog and the pressure to come with it. He would be grey like simmo after one season.

Favourite son, 100k members and basically the state hounding you. This job is not for the fainted hearted, it is the biggest club in the land.

I wouldn't read too much into that admission, seems to me like the story post season could very easily be 'my old mate Pykey lobbied me hard to come interview for the job and wonder of wonders, he's convinced me to throw my hat in the ring."

It would be an intolerable situation for the media to constantly speculate on both Longmire's and Cox's future for the next two months as Sydney are looking to win the premiership. Some sort of statement had to be made and this was a good way to take the air out of the conversation until the jobs done. Not saying he will be a candidate post season but neither would I be surprised to see things change.

Give me a break, Chesser had 9 disposals. Has played a lot this year and show little. Yes Cripps and others may of been worse today but it’s nit always the worst who comes off.
Yes it was strange to be subbed for Rotham but yiu still have to come back to Chesser is struggling at this level. Got lots of mates yes but I didn’t find it a big deal who was subbed for Rotham. Any number if them could have been.

Are you for real? Cripps was an absolute liability from that first pathetic effort where he had 3(!) chances to pick up the ball under zero pressure yet fumbled every one, until his 7th touch which he then kicked into the Manon the mark.

From a 31 year old senior player. Had no business being left out there.

Are you for real? Cripps was an absolute liability from that first pathetic effort where he had 3(!) chances to pick up the ball under zero pressure yet fumbled every one, until his 7th touch which he then kicked into the Manon the mark.

He's 32.

Going off form of the other elder players, he surely is demanding another 3 year contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back