Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no formal succession plan at either club, nor is it guaranteed they'll get the role in the future.

I get it, moving kids in school interstate is a rough. But plenty of families do it if the opportunity is good enough - look at Simmo.

I suspect if we were further along in our rebuild, they would jump.

They do but it's not always a simple as you make it out to be.

The age of the kids at the time of a move is really important, primary school aged kids is MUCH easier that moving high school aged kids.

Having been born and raised in Perth, I have over the journey, moved working for a multi national corporation, to two different Australian States and an overseas posting for two years.

When I returned to Perth I had a family that didn't get the " we are going home bit," as the daughter at 14 told me, you might be going home but its not my home, ( she was born in Perth first moved at 18 months of age) and then reminded me that she was a Victorian as she has lived there most of her life.

I can assure you that the daughter in particular wasn't at all happy about moving and gave us some grief because, her having to leave her friendship group was very demanding and stressful for her.

Wife also wasn't that trilled either, as she moved from a very good job herself in Melbourne to return to Perth.

Whats that saying ....... " happy wife - happy life ".

So I do get that the decision is not all about, the primary bread winner in the family.

With a wife and kids while you may be moving to chase your dream, there are other members of the family who have their own dreams to chase and fill.

Last edited:
It's a reassuring to know that despite our club going through its worst ever period, our fans are still nowhere near as miserable and broken as Port fans are.

It’s like they’ve come here for sympathy even tho we are going through the 3 worst years in afl history😂

Heard it mentioned on 6PR sports program that Hinkley and Josh Carr have ruled themselves out.

It has made me feel a little better after our w/e performance

We will never tear up Port Power's tarps (or take their coaches/players).

Heard it mentioned on 6PR sports program that Hinkley and Josh Carr have ruled themselves out.

We got list problems and development problems we don't need to add a long term underachieving senior coach to our problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might need to take a look at the playing & coaching record of your current coach.

The number 1 goal the board needs to prevent is player mutiny. As far as I'm concerned stuff the fans including bigfooty and membership holders.

The next three years we are guaranteed to lose the fans anyways because we will be lower on ladder with new coach.

I repeat we need to prevent player mutiny

Might be a new record for the Gossage Effect if Ken has already ruled himself out

We have been linked with Kern for a few hours and everyone wants to riot.

Imagine having him for 11+ years.

But seriously he's been unlucky too, that 2020 prelim they prob should've beaten tigs

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would say what has hapenned is the club has come up with a a very big initial list of potential applicants. Maybe 15 or so names. They want to gauge the level of interest in applying for the job of those applicants so they can get an idea of what they will have to choose from and what they will be dealing with. They are hoping that 5 - 8 of them apply in the end.

When it comes to names on that list who are currently at other clubs they have had to use 3rd parties or cut outs (such as agents or very close friends who are also friends of the club) to contact them because it wouldn't be cool for Pyke to be ringing them up directly while the season is still going on and trying to poach them.

One of the names on the list is Hinkley. Gossage somehow knows the 3rd party that was used to contact Hinkley and he has put two and two together and summised that Hinkley is the number 1 target when in reality he is just one name on a list of probably 15 or so at a very early stage of the process.

Ken Hinkley is a great coach because Port have never finished lower than 11th during his tenure.
Your club could use a coach of his calibre to escape the bottom rungs of the ladder.

New rookie coach would be too risky in my opinion, look at Yze he is getting eaten alive at Richmond.
Nicks was a rookie coach at Adelaide and has yet to take them to finals after half a decade.

Could your club afford to take the risk of a rookie coach and spend another 5+ years out of the finals?
Hinkley is the safest bet in my opinion, but that's my 2 cents and ask Charlie Dixon how much that's worth.

I would say what has hapenned is the club has come up with a a very big initial list of potential applicants. Maybe 15 or so names. They want to gauge the level of interest in applying for the job of those applicants so they can get an idea of what they will have to choose from and what they will be dealing with. They are hoping that 5 - 8 of them apply in the end.

15 names?
If this is the case, then we have NFI what we are doing.

“Hoping” that 5-8 apply? Are we that low, that we rely on hope?

As for these assistants, dropping out seemingly because calling a removalist is causing mental illness, turn it up. Society these days. Don’t ask anything difficult of anyone.

If they don’t want to throw their hat in, we don’t want them anyway. If you need to think about it, don’t apply. We only want those where the simple thought of not applying is torture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back