Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone posted a screenshot of his LinkedIn profile, I think he was working at one of the Melbourne private schools in that period.

That's good, we like our schools private at the Eagles.

Personally, I am quite happy with no Buckley & also not that keen on Hinkley either. I understand I am potentially in the minority with not being interested in both those two.

Also glad Cox and Carr have ruled themselves out. I'd much rather we have candidates going through the process with genuine intent.

I know people call for a harda$$ to come in and get the group back on track, however, that also has the chance to blow the joint up in a negative way.

We do need someone that has balance. Gone are the days of the over the top aggresive coach/coaching styles.

I have Hansen as my prefered option, having previously worked with him.

Quite excited by a new CEO, list manager and coach. Off-field greenshoots and a bit of pressure on the lot of them.

The list is getting smaller and smaller to the point if we see any glimmer of hope with Schofield I want to advocate for a stop the count install Schofield campaign.

But I'm still feeling kinky for Hinkley.

All of these untried coaches have a shitter shitter CV then Schofield.

The list is getting smaller and smaller to the point if we see any glimmer of hope with Schofield I want to advocate for a stop the count install Schofield campaign.

Schofield looks pretty good , taking on this team .
The new shiny toy , assistants from other clubs could end badly or surprise ..hope the Eagles hierarchy know Schofield's value if there is someone better then good .

Schofield for a few years and then with a better list we go all out finding someone else to take us to flag number 5 (unless he does a really amazing job and we stick with him) wouldn't be the worst option.

The only downside to Schofield is that he was Adam Simpson assistant. Otherwise he is as qualified as every single assistant we may be looking at.
It’s all about setting new standards. Can Schofield set them? I think he can as well as as any of the others.
If we can’t get a Chris Scott or Buckley as it appears we can’t, then I would be all in on Schofield. Hanson, graham,Montgomery etc etc have nothing more to offer than Schofield does except they were not part of Simmos team

I want to see if Schofield can motivate this group in the coming weeks.if he can, great

Hickmott would be my choice otherwise

Purely based on what I’ve heard. Nothing against Enright, Graham, or Hansen - if any interview brilliantly good luck to them.

Montgomery sounds like a bit of a risk..

Enright strikes me a as a Mark Harvey type pick.

So thought I would look at his history at the Purples.... LOL, what a club of mediocracy

1722508335635.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cross Buckley off the list

I like that we at least contacted him to see if there was any interest. A half hour on the phone suggests a decent discussion was had which might have included some input from Buckley on who/what we should be looking for and an external opinion on our list

And there’s no point pursuing someone unless they’re fully committed to coaching

I like that we at least contacted him to see if there was any interest. A half hour on the phone suggests a decent discussion was had which might have included some input from Buckley on who/what we should be looking for and an external opinion on our list

And there’s no point pursuing someone unless they’re fully committed to coaching
He is fully committed to coaching....in a year or 2 when his 2 teenage boys finish high school. He was never leaving Melbourne with the drama of his ex-wife and 2 kids going thru VCE.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boris is one of my favourite ever players, and I think his caring nature and dedication to the game would serve well when it comes to development and strategy. Has always been a pretty quiet operator though, doesn't strike me as a particularly resonant public voice. I suppose I am curious but not convinced, and it doesn't strike me overly as a traditional West Coast kind of pick.

Boris is one of my favourite ever players, and I think his caring nature and dedication to the game would serve well when it comes to development and strategy. Has always been a pretty quiet operator though, doesn't strike me as a particularly resonant public voice. I suppose I am curious but not convinced, and it doesn't strike me overly as a traditional West Coast kind of pick.

Umm, are you suggesting Karl Langdon for coach?

I agree to a point but not overly keen on someone who will drop players for not strictly adhering to a system, if that is in fact true.

Also depends on what is meant by 'system'.

If it's rigid in regards to what players can do in game, that's concerning, as instinct and flair can be driven out of players, which we'd hate to see.

If it's preparation, effort in game and things like recovery, then I'm all for it.
Coaches develop over time just like players do. He may well have ironed out those tendencies and be a more rounded coach these days?

Anyway, I know nothing of the world of coaching... so as long as the process is thorough I'm happy to back in whoever we pick. The players also need to take responsibility for their own development, as well as our remaining senior players etc.

Discussions have been had.

I sat next to him at a Pearl Jam concert at Subiaco - think it was the Worldwide Suicide tour, I'd also have him as a preferred option based on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back