Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe I'm wrong, but I recall, the coaching certifications were made mandatory as an outcome of the Essendon drugs scandal.

"We'll get people to do a course so they know it's wrong to inject your players with performance enhancing drugs." šŸ˜‚

Sounds like the AFL.

"We'll get people to do a course so they know it's wrong to inject your players with performance enhancing drugs." šŸ˜‚

Sounds like the AFL.

If it's anything like the mandatory courses I've done, it'll be a case of clicking Next 100 times to skip all the videos and links to legislation and god knows what else because I can't read as fast as I can click Next, to get to the final quiz which will be a question like:

Q 1/1: Is it wrong to inject your players with performance enhancing drugs?

Yes
No
Jack Watts

PS: You need 100% to pass, and get unlimited attempts.

A large swath of Eagles members wanted simmo to stay as well. This is undeniable fact.

Problem is, a lot of Eagles members are made up of senile old grey nomads who would accept mediocrity for 'the love of the club'. Also undeniable fact.

I am not saying Schofield is the wrong guy for a coach but I will say members opinions have been wrong and I wouldnt listen to them.
A majority of members also want the Eagles to ā€˜kick it longā€™ in absolutely every situation. Donā€™t ****ing listen to them.

Sighā€¦..

Go watch any press conferences with knights or Schofield.

When asked about selection they all say ā€œthatā€™s not up to me, thatā€™s for selection committeeā€.

Assistant coaches arenā€™t on match committee.

Sighā€¦

Simpson used to say similar.

Whoā€™s on the committee then?

If it's anything like the mandatory courses I've done, it'll be a case of clicking Next 100 times to skip all the videos and links to legislation and god knows what else because I can't read as fast as I can click Next, to get to the final quiz which will be a question like:

Yes
No
Jack Watts

Do we work for the same Govt dept?

Yes
No
Jack Watts

I recently had to do a government security clearance for my role and assumed the test would be similar, so just jumped straight tot he end.

Ended up having to actually dot he course, because the questions were actually important tot he clearance :(

Regarding the survey for members I did receive one last Friday from the eagles but it was all marketing related, eg have you seen these brands at the game. Survey was run on Ticketmaster website.

So the west article was probably just that journo from the west asking a mate at the office or bar. Full of shit as usual

I know AsterixTheGaul has been big on the culture from the young boys, so think this might be an ongoing one for a while now. With so much of the list 21 and under, and us set to hit the draft again, itā€™s crucial that it keeps up.
Noah Long has emerged as the unofficial captain of ā€œUs young boysā€ and they appear very tight.

I think the way they all went to the airport to pickup Ryan Maric when he arrived epitomises their spirit.

Selecting a coach that is strong on development will be key. So far, Schofield from a distance looks to have them listening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding the survey for members I did receive one last Friday from the eagles but it was all marketing related, eg have you seen these brands at the game. Survey was run on Ticketmaster website.

So the west article was probably just that journo from the west asking a mate at the office or bar. Full of shit as usual
I got interviewed by the west before the Saints game last year where some people (most likely on bigfooty) had called for a boycott as the team was playing poorly. We always lag a bit at the Camfield (getting on last round in) so they approached us as the game had started.

They were hoping we were boycotting and were super disappointed when we said we supported the club no matter what. I'm sure if we'd been against then we would have been part of a survey like in that article.

With all the go to candidates dropping like flies.... when's the WCE snr coaching gig going to be advertised on seek

Assistants know not to throw their hat in the ring unless they have a chance. You get knocked back multiple times like Sumich you end up working in the media or country football.

A large swath of Eagles members wanted simmo to stay as well. This is undeniable fact.

Problem is, a lot of Eagles members are made up of senile old grey nomads who would accept mediocrity for 'the love of the club'. Also undeniable fact.

I am not saying Schofield is the wrong guy for a coach but I will say members opinions have been wrong and I wouldnt listen to them.
I think you are putting way too much stock into supposed survey in the West.
What was the sample size in the survey, how were they surveyed, contacted or self selected. I'm sure the Eagles haven't provided them with a members list complete with contact details.
Pure horseshit.

Assistants know not to throw their hat in the ring unless they have a chance. You get knocked back multiple times like Sumich you end up working in the media or country football.
Yeah thats what they are saying in the media. Grahams already applied for a couple of positions before so he wouldn't want to put his hand up and not get it.

Just wierd, youd think plenty would be interested in coaching a 'bigger' club.

Yes
No
Jack Watts

Level 1 and 2 are a joke and just a fundraiser for footy, you could get both of those being blindfolded.
Level 3 was a bit more difficult but again if you are seriously into your footy it's a breeze.
No idea about level 4.
Having none of these makes you a better or worse coach.

Waddell probably signed up for the cheapest membership himself. His right side plus his left leg say keep Schofield but his left arm isn't a fan.

puppets-socks.gif

I think bar the StK game, we have seen improvement since Schofield took over. I have also been impressed with the opportunities afforded to our young players, and the overall change in structure.

I wouldn't be opposed if we signed him up on a 1 year deal to continue the work done to date.

Last edited:
I think bar the Essendon game, we have seen improvement since Schofield took over. I have also been impressed with the opportunities afforded to our young players, and the overall change in structure.

I wouldn't be opposed if we signed him up on a 1 year deal to continue the work done to date.
Do you mean the StK game?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back