Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I think bar the StK game, we have seen improvement since Schofield took over. I have also been impressed with the opportunities afforded to our young players, and the overall change in structure.

I wouldn't be opposed if we signed him up on a 1 year deal to continue the work done to date.

No coach signs a one year deal, and id say a 1 year deal locks us in a cycle of constant media speculation about the future of the coach.

No person in their right mind is signing anything less than a 3 year deal. A coach would want some level of job security before agreeing to the role, and we aren’t exactly top of the list in terms of most desirable coaching roles right now.

If you get the gig you get the gig.
One year is not enough to implement your ideas and build the team you need to compete with the best.
3 year min, no matter who you are or where you come from.

I think bar the StK game, we have seen improvement since Schofield took over. I have also been impressed with the opportunities afforded to our young players, and the overall change in structure.

I wouldn't be opposed if we signed him up on a 1 year deal to continue the work done to date.

No coach is going to accept a 1 year deal. It will be a 3 year deal minimum for whoever is appointed.

We just have one accepting a 7 matches deal?! (Pursuing n years extension if performing well)

n = 3

Accepting an interim role is completely different to accepting a full time position.

If the club said we want you but on a year to year basis you would have to be certifiable to accept. Better off keeping your powder dry and waiting for another opportunity at another club.

We just have one accepting a 7 matches deal?! (Pursuing n years extension if performing well)

Can you honestly not tell the difference between someone agreeing to act in the position until the end of the season, and someone seeking the permanent job?

Lol no coach is signing a one year deal.

No Eagles BigFooty board poster is going to accept three people saying the same thing without making it into a meme.

The major difference is a different end dates. Permanent??

I’m honestly not sure how much more simple I can make it, but here goes.

It’s the difference between “the pilot’s been taken ill and we’re halfway across the Pacific, can you take over until we land”

vs

“We think you’ve got potential as a pilot, how about you take charge of this flight to LA and then we’ll see if we want to hire you for another flight”

One’s out of necessity, the other is just the employer hedging their bets.

I’m honestly not sure how much more simple I can make it, but here goes.

It’s the difference between “the pilot’s been taken ill and we’re halfway across the Pacific, can you take over until we land”

vs

“We think you’ve got potential as a pilot, how about you take charge of this flight to LA and then we’ll see if we want to hire you for another flight”

One’s out of necessity, the other is just the employer hedging their bets.
A coaching job with a contract is simple enough. Turning it into a pilot to LA does not make it "simpler".

I don't think we should be discussing any further in this direction. Have a good Tuesday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A coaching job with a contract is simple enough. Turning it into a pilot to LA does not make it "simpler".

I don't think we should be discussing any further in this direction. Have a good Tuesday afternoon.

How’s this for simple? Give me one example of a coach agreeing to coach for one year.

Other than when they’ve stepped in for someone who’s temporarily unavailable (eg Thompson for Hird when he was suspended).

I’ll bet there’s none.

How’s this for simple? Give me one example of a coach agreeing to coach for one year.

Other than when they’ve stepped in for someone who’s temporarily unavailable (eg Thompson for Hird when he was suspended).

I’ll bet there’s none.

I agreed to coach my son’s Auskick team for a year. Does that count???

Let's make this simple, people.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

A large swath of Eagles members wanted simmo to stay as well. This is undeniable fact.

Problem is, a lot of Eagles members are made up of senile old grey nomads who would accept mediocrity for 'the love of the club'. Also undeniable fact.

I am not saying Schofield is the wrong guy for a coach but I will say members opinions have been wrong and I wouldnt listen to them.
As a member, I have not been asked my opinion on the coach (and I don't expect to be). My question regarding the article is, where are their stats from? Which fans are they surveying? Most fans I know just want us to pick the best person for the job, which may or may not be Schofield.

No Eagles BigFooty board poster is going to accept three people saying the same thing without making it into a meme.

Pretty sure Adelaide lost Bock & Gunston coz they wouldn't accept 1 year deals.

I’ll bet there’s none.

0f90b6d5-cf00-4f2f-a0e9-06d58c9872d7_text.gif

I’ll bet there’s none.
For goodness sake stop getting so worked up over a light hearted hypertherical!

If a coach drops out or doesn't put in their interest then they are just weak as piss and never deserved the job to begin with. We don't need a coach who isn't here for the long haul. We are not looking for a ross lyon who only wants gigs where the hard work is already done for them.

Why hilarious, a development coach isn't one you want to take you to a grand final...

Its a caretaker coach. The coach you have whilst rebuilding your list. For a couple of years.
While good coaches are turning you down.

Or go for Paul Roos, to sort the club out.
Even more hilarious. I’m not sure you fully understand the implications of what you’re saying.

Suma??? Ha ha ha LMAO.

Caretaker??? WTF

Even more hilarious. I’m not sure you fully understand the implications of what you’re saying.

Suma??? Ha ha ha LMAO.

Caretaker??? WTF
What, do you think your gonna be finalists next year.?

Who do you think your gonna get to coach next year. It won't be 'Horse'.

But maybe in another 2 seasons time, he might be interested? But you guys need to hit the draft hard and fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back