Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

And McQualter considering whether to apply or not

Melbourne assistant coach Andrew McQualter has also been approached by West Coast to enter the process to replace Adam Simpson

It is understood that the former Richmond caretaker coach is considering whether to apply or not, following a lengthy process at Punt Road this time last year.

Good. As someone who wants Montgomery I'll be devo the day one of these pop up and it's from him. Fresh eyes and a new look at the team, please.

Also re: Family reasons. Fascinating how it was an honor to get a 1 in 18 gig and be a Head Coach. And seen more Family Reasons for this one job to get knocked back than I have in the history of head coaching vacancies. Beggars CAN apparently be choosers. I'd rather them just say that don't wanna commit career suicide by taking on this list.

Good. As someone who wants Montgomery I'll be devo the day one of these pop up and it's from him. Fresh eyes and a new look at the team, please.

Also re: Family reasons. Fascinating how it was an honor to get a 1 in 18 gig and be a Head Coach. And seen more Family Reasons for this one job to get knocked back than I have in the history of head coaching vacancies. Beggars CAN apparently be choosers. I'd rather them just say that don't wanna commit career suicide by taking on this list.
Just shows they don't have the stones to move across the country and coach a big club like WCE.

A heap ruled themselves out last year for the Tigers gig, Carr, Skipworth, Graham, Leppitsch, Chaplin, Pyke and Buckley from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who moved interstate halfway through Year 12, it sucks. Putting his kids needs ahead of his career aspirations is good parenting.

As someone who moved interstate halfway through Year 12, it sucks. Putting his kids needs ahead of his career aspirations is good parenting.
Family, friends and flags is over. It’s flags, flags, flags now.

Family, religion, friends… these are the three demons you must slay if you hope to succeed at the Eagles.

Really not fussed with so called candidates dropping out... If you don't want to put your heart and soul into coaching one of the biggest clubs in the land and don't believe in yourself enough to build a legacy, move along...
There will be a handful of keen, energetic applicants on the short list. I trust Don and crew to back in the best. And we do back our coaches to the hilt.

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

This was a good listen

Sanderson talking more generally about the pressures of being a senior coach and the impact on family due to the 24/7 nature of the job. Suggests that some assistant coaches see the demands of the job and decide that maybe it isn’t for them

Made some interesting points

Fair enough

A fair few head coaches end up with marital problems… buckely, hardwick, woosha…

Tough gig, well paid, I wouldn’t sacrifice my family for it…

Really not fussed with so called candidates dropping out... If you don't want to put your heart and soul into coaching one of the biggest clubs in the land and don't believe in yourself enough to build a legacy, move along...
There will be a handful of keen, energetic applicants on the short list. I trust Don and crew to back in the best. And we do back our coaches to the hilt.

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think they are being advised that they are not on the short list and being allowed a face saving way out.

Gut feel tells me Schofield is the man and letting him go will bite us in the ass, his resume is impressive and if he weren’t the caretaker coach he would probably be on top of most people’s list. We have royally ****ed so many things the past few years including trades and drafting and hopefully this isn’t another one..

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back