Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don’t understand the big attraction to him. If he had never ever stepped foot in our club would we be after him based on him being an assistant coach?
To sentimental for me.

He’s the senior assistant at the current minor premiers and a club that’s pretty highly regarded as one of the best operators in the league. He nearly won a flag with them two years ago. He’s one of the assistants that’s regularly in the conversation as a coach in waiting.

So yes, I think we would be.

Last edited:
He’s the senior assistant at the current minor premiers and a club that’s pretty highly regarded as one of the best operators in the league. He won a flag with them two years ago. He’s one of the assistants that’s regularly in the conversation as a coach in waiting.

He won a what with them two years ago?

He’s the senior assistant at the current minor premiers and a club that’s pretty highly regarded as one of the best operators in the league. He won a flag with them two years ago. He’s one of the assistants that’s regularly in the conversation as a coach in waiting.

No flag at Sydney mate.

No flag at Sydney mate.

What’s worse, I originally had “he’s won flags as an assistant at two clubs”. I’ve got a vivid memory of him embracing Simmo in the coaches box after the siren in 2018, but it turns out he’d already moved to Sydney that year.

Now I’m doubting everything I’ve ever known.

Is it a bad look to hire the guy you have to beg to take it?

I’d rather have someone who wants the gig.

This sounds weirdly like relationship advice.

interesting part of the article said that we offered don pyke and dean cox a joint coaching role last year or did i read that wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s worse, I originally had “he’s won flags as an assistant at two clubs”. I’ve got a vivid memory of him embracing Simmo in the coaches box after the siren in 2018, but it turns out he’d already moved to Sydney that year.

I had a brief chat with Coxy, walking into the MCG on GF day 2018, so you may well remember footage of him embracing Simmo on GF day, just not in the coaches box. He was definitely there.

You could have probably named half a dozen mids thats cox tapped to before you arrived at Matty Rosa’s name. IMG_0506.jpeg
On a side not it’s crazy that one ruckmen played alongside three Brownlow medalist and two other blokes that were close to being one too.

Is it a bad look to hire the guy you have to beg to take it?

I’d rather have someone who wants the gig.
There's a difference between not wanting the job and not wanting your current employer knowing you want out
No idea which it is but the more ppl we can put through the process the better I guess

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could have probably named half a dozen mids thats cox tapped to before you arrived at Matty Rosa’s name.View attachment 2087072
On a side not it’s crazy that one ruckmen played alongside three Brownlow medalist and two other blokes that were close to being one too.
gee wiz, way to undersell his achievements

konck outs?

You could have probably named half a dozen mids thats cox tapped to before you arrived at Matty Rosa’s name.View attachment 2087072
Don't recall Rosa coming close to winning a Brownlow, tbh.

Cant wait until after the GF to talk to Cox, has to be announced within days of the GF at the latest youd think so the new coach can be involved in player movements
That would be about right time. Plenty of candidates to interview for senior and assistant roles between now and then as each club fails to progress. Next week 10 teams are done.

Pies
Selwood
Skipworth

Dees
Mcqualter

Tigers
Newman

Saints
Enright

Crows
Burns

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app