Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget Cox... Club legend but doing a disservice to the position going after someone who's not keen.

I like Schofield... He's completely different to Simpson in how he projects to the players and supporters (and the media flogs)... It's refreshing

It wouldn't be the worst thing to back him in(3 year contract)... And give the club certainty going into recruiting/draft season.

The performance against Carlton as well as the performance against St Kilda were as bad as anything we dished up under Simpson this year. I’m not saying it rules him out but I think it definitely puts him back into the peloton.

Maybe it is how Schofield responds to those performances that would make the difference, as he still has the same under-performing players to work with that Simmo had?

In his presser the other day he wasn't pulling his punches regarding players not fulfilling their given roles. I get the feeling he'd certainly not tolerate the performances from senior, and I guess junior, players that Simmo tolerated in recent years. That may possibly be a point of difference with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McQualter definitely didn’t deny he was interested in the eagles job on Sen earlier.

Towards the end

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Anyone with an Age subscription?

Hopefully she mentions how many rejected her beloved Tigers gig last year

Anyone with an Age subscription?

Hopefully she mentions how many rejected her beloved Tigers gig last year

Pretty good read tbh

More of why assistants and ex-players/coaches are reluctant to take the top job in general than any dig at WC. Specifically says only one of the 4 that rejected going for the job did so because of the list. (Unless I misunderstood I think she implies this was Giansiracusa)

Danny Daly is out too by the sounds which is new news.

Montgomery, Lade and McQualter mentioned as the leading candidates

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back