Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you rather have had Priddis in the side in '18, or win the flag?

Because it would never have been both.
Probably take the flag. But I don't have to sledge the crap out of a club champion who bled blue and gold and stepped aside when he got the tap on the shoulder either.

The post-Priddis evidence clearly shows he wasn't the sole cause of a bunch of issues that still plague our team.

We were very likely Nic Nats mum passing away from making a much better showing in the grand final in 2015. The grand final we made with Matt Priddis in the side.

Priddis didn't hold us back from being a top side by any stretch, which is the shit narrative many want to pursue for some reason.

#inb4howlongcanpriddisbedebated

Probably take the flag. But I don't have to sledge the crap out of a club champion who bled blue and gold and stepped aside when he got the tap on the shoulder either.

The post-Priddis evidence clearly shows he wasn't the sole cause of a bunch of issues that still plague our team.

We were very likely Nic Nats mum passing away from making a much better showing in the grand final in 2015. The grand final we made with Matt Priddis in the side.

Priddis didn't hold us back from being a top side by any stretch, which is the shit narrative many want to pursue for some reason.

#inb4howlongcanpriddisbedebated
I'm not sledging him, loved him as a player but he had some serious deficiencies that ultimately led to him being retired a year early

Would've loved for him to win a flag though.

Lack of noise screams waiting for Dean Cox to me. I suspect if we go over our soft cap we can convince him over for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think Hinkley would be a smart move, at some point he is going to pass the job onto Carr. Will that be more likely if Port win the flag or if they fall just short again?

Personally think Hinkley would be a smart move, at some point he is going to pass the job onto Carr. Will that be more likely if Port win the flag or if they fall just short again?
Having read through countless Port Adelaide Sack Hinkley treads, it would be a mistake to hire Hinkley. The general consensus is he's underperformed with excellent teams, can't get over the hump in finals, is a poor tactical coach, and the team is under Carr's orders, with Hinkley being a sideline man manager.

We don't need a Ken Hinkley. We need a Paul Roos-Sam Mitchell type. Someone who is prepared to install a gameplan for five years time, teach the team how to defend first, then gradually open up the gameplan, with year three being the time supporters will start seeing major improvement.

With that said, it means stuff all if the list isn't rejuvenated with young talent. We need more of it, and we needed it yesterday.

Having read through countless Port Adelaide Sack Hinkley treads, it would be a mistake to hire Hinkley. The general consensus is he's underperformed with excellent teams, can't get over the hump in finals, is a poor tactical coach, and the team is under Carr's orders, with Hinkley being a sideline man manager.

We don't need a Ken Hinkley. We need a Paul Roos-Sam Mitchell type. Someone who is prepared to install a gameplan for five years time, teach the team how to defend first, then gradually open up the gameplan, with year three being the time supporters will start seeing major improvement.

With that said, it means stuff all if the list isn't rejuvenated with young talent. We need more of it, and we needed it yesterday.
You may as well rule out Schofield then. Schofield is no second coming of Mitchell, that we can be completely sure. He is a "follower," not an innovator - just implementing simpsons game plan. The warning bells should have sounded when he brought the credits crew back in.

Premierships are not easy however Port have been constantly playing finals, he knows how to build a team and that's what we require. Port fans can think what they want about who's really in charge, suppose if Port win the flag this year Hinkley will get none of the plaudits? Come on.

You may as well rule out Schofield then. Schofield is no second coming of Mitchell, that we can be completely sure. He is a "follower," not an innovator - just implementing simpsons game plan. The warning bells should have sounded when he brought the credits crew back in.
What new gameplan did you expect him to implement in the 6 weeks he was in charge exactly?

Also, how much different is Simpson's gameplan different to other clubs in the league?

I only ever considered Schofield a caretaker coach. I'd like an outside voice to come in.

Premierships are not easy however Port have been constantly playing finals, he knows how to build a team and that's what we require. Port fans can think what they want about who's really in charge, suppose if Port win the flag this year Hinkley will get none of the plaudits? Come on.

Hinkley didn't build their teams. That was Jason Cripps and Chris Davies.

I only ever considered Schofield a caretaker coach. I'd like an outside voice to come in.

Hinkley didn't build their teams. That was Jason Cripps and Chris Davies.

Fair enough, guess Hinkley has done nothing for Port and where they currently have sit for the last few years.

It's not unreasonable to state he's been a good coach but isn't the right hire for West Coast at the team's stage of development.

Agree to disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back