Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Sumich has said all year he doesn’t get how Shuey could instantly appear in the coaches box with no coaching credentials at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When sumich doesn’t know, it’s due to his IQ, not because he has been able to critically assess the situation with logic and come to a well thought out conclusion.

Who else would have taken schofield’s old role when he was promoted? Schofield chose who he thought was the best of who was left.

I was in favour of Schofield.
But I’m more swinging to an entirely new team.
Montgomery is probably the one I’m most keen on.
Field Marshal, Montgomery (Monty or
The Spartan General)
Led the Aussie troops like a legend.
We need a legend to lead us through, like this man did, many years ago.
View attachment 2090436
Slap all of our players in the face whenever they squib.

4872402_orig.jpg

I was in favour of Schofield.
But I’m more swinging to an entirely new team.
Montgomery is probably the one I’m most keen on.
Field Marshal, Montgomery (Monty or
The Spartan General)
Led the Aussie troops like a legend.
We need a legend to lead us through, like this man did, many years ago.
View attachment 2090436
Churchill reckoned "in defeat he was unbeatable and in victory unbearable"
Not sure someone who was hated by all the generals he worked with is the character trait we are after.

From all reports seems Schoey gave the boys a decent spray at half time, maybe he'll learn if given the opportunity that sometimes it'd be more efficient to go the stick right out the gate.

So far at Mitchell, I'm glad he played his role in 2018 but to be honest I'm hoping that you are right about their stock crashing next year. He did us pretty dirty after we rolled the red carpet out for him. I'm pretty sure that after he forced Matt Priddis into one of the saddest retirements of all time the backlash from the players is half the reason Simmo went all sentimental with the whole "credits crew 4eva" stuff in recent years. Really hoping we live to spoil many a Sam Mitchell parade in our next up cycle.

Mitchell forced Priddis to retire?? What?

Churchill reckoned "in defeat he was unbeatable and in victory unbearable"
Not sure someone who was hated by all the generals he worked with is the character trait we are after.
As I said an interesting pre season. Many (well some) on here are keen for a tough coach without overt compassion. I suspect they couldn't work under such a person in their work place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you only have to look at what happened to Justin Langer when you hurt the feelings of this generation.
I can't imagine Chris Fagan doesn't get angry and raise his voice but he gets his team to perform week after week.

The idea that all coaches need to be (or currently are) cuddly and soft spoken is nonsense.

Players need someone they don't want to let down, who they don't want to dissapoint. Not through fear but through respect. This takes time to implement.

Maybe Schofield has some of that already. Getting the players to come out and win the second half yesterday maybe shows some of that. Maybe the first half showed something as well. But he has backed the players, especially Harley, publically and also shown his disappointment in them as a group. Players at this level are driven and competitive and need to be challenged at training and on game day.

That means giving them a pat on the back when they deserve it but also a clip when they do as well.

Mitchell forced Priddis to retire?? What?

In the sense that there wasn't room for the two of them in there and Mitchell pushed him out of the guts into a half forward role. Then he got the tap on the shoulder from Simmo and told he's no good, so he retired midseason despite having met a trigger clause to go on for another year and planning to. Don't want to reignite a debate on whether he should or shouldn't of retired but just remember it being very poorly handled and the players being filthy over it, to the point some said so publicly.

It’s the last game of the year on a ground that we historically do not play well at , we have a very poor record against Geelong that has thrashed star studded Wce teams throughout the years ..

I haven’t seen the game yet nor do I want to .. But trusting Yeo and Kelly to be our Flaky midfield leaders is where the fault is . Both are only interested in money contract years to provide worth , See Yeo play for the money early in the year where does that effort go when the signature is signed or Kelly’s couldn’t give a **** attitude and selfish playing style and shitty kicks and turnovers ..
The midfield leaders are the problem not Schofield ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My my how critical fans are. You really think it is elite athletes Montgomery had issues with? More likely it was the obese and degenerates - like those on BF.

Shittiest footballer can run 5km. Can you?
Well I can, but it is fun day post season. More a 200 and 400 runner but best 5k 17.10.

Seriously; I think we have a number of aging players that wouldn't get through a very tough pre season without serious compensations.

Think Adrian Hickmott will get it if he wants it
He seemed very popular with the playing group the few times I went down to an open training sesh.
I'm hoping Schofield gets it tho

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think Adrian Hickmott will get it if he wants it

From what Will Schofield said Hickmott was more of a development style coach whose job was to bond with the players but wasnt too strong tactically - although he did have a line roles. Tbh I worry that he's not tactically minded enough to be a head coach. He sounded like a great coach in terms of bonding with players a line/development coach - which was his job but its very different to running the ship.

From what Will Schofield said Hickmott was more of a development style coach whose job was to bond with the players but wasnt too strong tactically - although he did have a line roles. Tbh I worry that he's not tactically minded enough to be a head coach. He sounded like a great coach in terms of bonding with players a line/development coach - which was his job but its very different to running the ship.
Hickmott was the one that came up with the 'Web'.

Wasn't much tactically to it either, Schofield said he basically just told the players "Hey, if you want to get across to help your teammate, just go for it", or something like that.

Basically, hold your position but don't be rigidly locked into it, like most teams are.

Probably worked in tandem with Simmo's possession gameplan, as the players played well off their opponents, unlike other teams at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back