• Lade

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It'd certainly make following the Beagles a hell of a lot easier.

I can’t actually work out why you’ve got that guy on block. He had a go at you for your obsession about Cripps but half the board did that. Surely you’re not that sensitive?

If we have just been sitting around having zoom calls up until now I'd be pretty disappointed. Clubs have gone through processes with coaches who have sides playing finals in the past. Some have even been appointed mid-finals and left their current roles.
Are you sure as didn’t think that was allowed by City Hall (AFL).

Duffield on SEN this morning with a fairly glowing appraisal of Skipworth

Saying that whilst Montgomery and Schofield are still involved in the process, they’re behind McQualter, King and Skipworth with nothing separating that trio

What’s a Duckworth?

About $15 with plum sauce.
Back when Skipworth was playing for the crom, he was in and out of the side three or four weeks in a row. The west ran with a version of this joke every time where the answer was always the player he replaced and/or was replaced by.

Imagine the possibilities if he was the coach!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else slightly concerned that it sounds like Bell is doing the interviews in person in Melb with Pyke on zoom.

Two things come to mind:
1. How and why is Bell seemingly leading this search when, lets be honest, his role should be in question. And also, he would effectively working alongside the coach, albeit across different departments. I'm slightly confused why he would be selecting a colleague.
2. Is Pyke really that busy at this time of year not to travel over? If there was any reason to travel it would probably be to interview prospective coaches. I'm hoping that there is more going on than the media know and the whole panel is interviewing in person. I'm giving the club the benefit of the doubt that I am not sure they deserve.

Is anyone else slightly concerned that it sounds like Bell is doing the interviews in person in Melb with Pyke on zoom.

Two things come to mind:
1. How and why is Bell seemingly leading this search when, lets be honest, his role should be in question. And also, he would effectively working alongside the coach, albeit across different departments. I'm slightly confused why he would be selecting a colleague.
2. Is Pyke really that busy at this time of year not to travel over? If there was any reason to travel it would probably be to interview prospective coaches. I'm hoping that there is more going on than the media know and the whole panel is interviewing in person. I'm giving the club the benefit of the doubt that I am not sure they deserve.
Coaching candidates will need to present to the board/panel, so Bell being over there is like a preliminary screening process, like when you meet with the HR lady/recruiter for an initial interview, before you have a proper interview with the hiring manager.

Coaching candidates will need to present to the board/panel, so Bell being over there is like a preliminary screening process, like when you meet with the HR lady/recruiter for an initial interview, before you have a proper interview with the hiring manager.

Bell is on the panel isnt he? I just hope that this process now isnt the presentation to the panel, if Pyke is on zoom.

Sen sports podcast with Healy and Cornes and some reporter Sam someone saying it is down to 4 and Schofield is not in the 4.
Skipworth, King, Mcqualter and Montgomery

Montgomery and Mcqualter being declared above the other two.
McQualter seems to be the common denominator here.

While I have reservations that Schofield was too close to the Simpson regime, I can’t help but think from the list he’s the best candidate - Pyke and co may be worried about the perfection that he is indeed too close.

Meh. Just a theory.
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is spreading a bit of mischief gossip around, telling everyone something slightly different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back